Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Disk VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Disk VPS

Looking for some storage space to offload media files, mainly screen recordings. Where can I get storage in excess of 3TB. Prepared to pay Annually, prefer EU location, 100Mbits minimum.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

What’s your budget like?

• Hetzner or BuyVM.

Thanked by 2Francisco Hetzner_OL
  • @eastonch said:
    Looking for some storage space to offload media files, mainly screen recordings. Where can I get storage in excess of 3TB. Prepared to pay Annually, prefer EU location, 100Mbits minimum.

Join the family :)

https://nexusbytes.com/kvm-storage-vps.html

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Roldan said:
    Hetzner or BuyVM.

We got slabs in NY...but no slices.

We have slices in LV...but no slabs.

I've got another LV slab node going online tomorrow it looks like though! Just awaiting a drive shipment. More NY Slice nodes are shipping tomorrow.

Francisco

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @Francisco said: We got slabs in NY...but no slices.

Trust, I checked you guys out first, I wanted to get a small slice & slab to test and then get some larger slabs. I'll keep an eye.

Thanks all for suggestions, checking them out.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @thedp said: What’s your budget like?

LowEndVPS

Reality: Sensible pricing :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@eastonch said:

@thedp said: What’s your budget like?

LowEndVPS

Reality: Sensible pricing :)

Then https://nexusbytes.com/kvm-storage-vps.html is the way to go 😀

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Good shout.

• try Ramnode storage, I am a happy user of them.

Thanked by 2Nick_A JasonM
  • MridulMridul Member
    edited October 2020

@eastonch said:

I would recommend -

https://backovia.com

rock solid.

And, buyvm slices are also quite good.

https://buyvm.net/block-storage-slabs/

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • I've got a few HostHatch yearly offers: good prices and nothing to complain about.

• @simlev said:
    I've got a few HostHatch yearly offers: good prices and nothing to complain about.

I have the 8TB BF deal, lost all data due to volume corruption once but running smoothly since then. Have regular backups to NAS.

Thanked by 1simlev
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2020

@Galeej said:

@simlev said:
    I've got a few HostHatch yearly offers: good prices and nothing to complain about.

I have the 8TB BF deal, lost all data due to volume corruption once but running smoothly since then. Have regular backups to NAS.

Yes - very (very) sorry about that. Just to be clear, we have been doing storage VMs for nearly 7 years and this was the first and only data corruption - and it affected 6 VMs.

While I cannot promise you it will never happen again (no one can - no matter how well we plan around these things), but we really do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again. We learn from our mistakes.

While people may have complaints about our support on promotional plans - we do not compromise on the quality of the service itself, no matter the cost of the service.

Thanked by 3Galeej bdl krm445
  • aj_potcaj_potc Member
    edited October 2020

@Galeej said:

@simlev said:

Yeah, I also lost a VPS when a node in Sweden had storage problems last year. But I don't hold it against them. Everything else has been rock solid, so I have no reason to believe there are issues with their architecture or maintenance. I've been involved with technology long enough to know that bad luck can strike anyone.

I wouldn't trade my HostHatch storage for anything! Go for it if you have the chance.

• @Abdullah said:

@Galeej said:

@simlev said:

Yes - very (very) sorry about that. Just to be clear, we have been doing storage VMs for nearly 7 years and this was the first and only data corruption - and it affected 6 VMs.

While I cannot promise you it will never happen again (no one can - no matter how well we plan around these things), but we really do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again. We learn from our mistakes.

While people may have complaints about our support on promotional plans - we do not compromise on the quality of the service itself, no matter the cost of the service.

Agree and understand. I'm waiting for your next BF thread :smile:

• @aj_potc said:

@Galeej said:

@simlev said:

Yeah, I also lost a VPS when a node in Sweden had storage problems last year. But I don't hold it against them. Everything else has been rock solid, so I have no reason to believe there are issues with their architecture or maintenance. I've been involved with technology long enough to know that bad luck can strike anyone.

I wouldn't trade my HostHatch storage for anything! Go for it if you have the chance.

Yeah I realized it late and HS is my primary backup area and from there it is routed to multiple other storage VPS-es and NAS.

• @Galeej said:

Yeah I realized it late and HS is my primary backup area and from there it is routed to multiple other storage VPS-es and NAS.

It always helps to look at your backup strategy periodically to find any single points of failure. Sometimes they can be eliminated without too much trouble -- or at the very least, you will know what should be monitored closely.

For this particular case, I'd recommend two things:

• Set up parallel backups from the source to multiple destinations. It uses more bandwidth and resources, but you don't have to worry about a backup chain being broken.
    • Configure some kind of error notification so you find out if a copy job fails. This is pretty easy with cron jobs, for example.
    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @aj_potc said:

@Galeej said:

It always helps to look at your backup strategy periodically to find any single points of failure. Sometimes they can be eliminated without too much trouble -- or at the very least, you will know what should be monitored closely.

For this particular case, I'd recommend two things:

• Set up parallel backups from the source to multiple destinations. It uses more bandwidth and resources, but you don't have to worry about a backup chain being broken.
    • Configure some kind of error notification so you find out if a copy job fails. This is pretty easy with cron jobs, for example.

Hmm, I have duplicati sending data to HS VPS at present, will add parallel one once I get a good deal during BF 2020.

• nathassanathassa Member
    edited October 2020

Wishosting Will be a good choices but their support are really slow with 24 hours total Response time

• @Galeej said:

Hmm, I have duplicati sending data to HS VPS at present, will add parallel one once I get a good deal during BF 2020.

Try to get one at a different location, if possible. This will ensure a bit more redundancy.

Thanked by 1Galeej
  • @nathassa said:
    Wishosting Will be a good choices but their support are really slow with 24 hours total Response time

I have their 1.8TB deal as well but using it to backup my media collections.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@jpeng said: try Ramnode storage, I am a happy user of them.

Glad to hear it!

• Thanks for all reccomendations, went back to BuyVM with their now stocked NY Location. Speeds on these Ryzen boxes are a bit insane!