Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel - Seems like price increase is not the only thing! they want more money for more features
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel - Seems like price increase is not the only thing! they want more money for more features

AdvicerxyzAdvicerxyz Member
edited October 2020 in General

were you thinking oh another price hike? NO there more to IT!
Seems like they going to release Wordpress tool kit from plesk -
https://docs.cpanel.net/knowledge-base/cpanel-developed-plugins/wordpress-toolkit/
but WAIT for it! "WordPress Toolkit Deluxe", i did a little digging,
went to plesk site and see for yourself -
https://www.plesk.com/blog/product-technology/the-plesk-wordpress-toolkit-5-0-version-release/

but people who dont like to search for it, see this -
"WordPress Toolkit for cPanel is basically the same product, functionality-wise, just on cPanel. There are some minor discrepancies, but most of them will be either addressed in the next WordPress Toolkit releases or will have to wait until corresponding features are fully available in cPanel.

Unlike Plesk, WordPress Toolkit for cPanel is licensed on a per-account basis. Our first release is limited to a hand-picked selection of VIP partners, who will have exclusive access to WordPress Toolkit."

so basically, cpanel says "Yeah we adding more features to cpanel! thats why we increase the price! but hey! we copied the Wordpress tool kit who plesk get for free, but if you want it! PAY PER ACCOUNT TOO!"

Thats too much man...

Comments

• This Is the reason why i prefer plesk

• @chiccorosso said:
    This Is the reason why i prefer plesk

I dont think plesk is the way to go, but as for DirectAdmin.
    Plesk increasing prices too, maybe at 2022 they get user based pricing too? :smile:

When the latest server get full, i wont anymore add more cpanels, but add new ones to DirectAdmin.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

That’s absolute insanity... but at this stage cPanel has increased their profit margins already, they’re about to do it again, even if they have some churn. The first increase was really to see (in my opinion) how much churn they’d have from doing it — now they’ve got a pretty good idea of what it looks like.

Pretty shit move on cPanel’s part, but the greed is going to get worse in years to come. Meanwhile, DirectAdmin just has to keep on its momentum and waiting for the cPanel churn to be DirectAdmin profit.

• We simply need to destroy their monopoly over hosting industry. DirectAdmin, ApisCP, and others have a chance to develop and shine.

Meanwhile, it's sad that there is no open-source solution to evolve and be constantly improved by people.

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • @default said: it's sad that there is no open-source solution to evolve and be constantly improved by people.

HestiaCP ain't exactly stagnating, though I'd like to see a few improvements, such as integrated CSF and email queue manager.

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • take ApisCP or DirectAdmin Now and save your money for future

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Advicerxyz said: so basically, cpanel says "Yeah we adding more features to cpanel! thats why we increase the price! but hey! we copied the Wordpress tool kit who plesk get for free, but if you want it! PAY PER ACCOUNT TOO!"

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Plesk already charges per domain on an account, they just have an unlimited options.

I'm willing to bet lunch that the unlimited option is gone by summer.

Francisco

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

It's a shame that Directadmin @DA_Mark still not able to developed a proper migration tools yet.

Thanked by 1coolice

@ViridWeb said:
    It's a shame that Directadmin @DA_Mark still not able to developed a proper migration tools yet.

Not a GUI, no, but the CLI tools are near perfect for cPanel->DA.

Francisco

• @ViridWeb said:
    It's a shame that Directadmin

It is possible that they have enough clients to fulfill their money hunger. Proper migration tools would mean open war with cpanel, a big corp and technical burden to maintane those tools.

• @ViridWeb said:

Cli works flawlessly tbh.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

@ViridWeb said:
    It's a shame that Directadmin

It is possible that they have enough clients to fulfill their money hunger. Proper migration tools would mean open war with cpanel, a big corp and technical burden to maintane those tools.

Maybe they already have enough money to maintain those tools.. :wink:

@Francisco @seriesn yes Cli works perfectly fine but a proper tool will help them to grow further

@ViridWeb said: Maybe they already have enough money to maintain those tools..

I have no doubt it's on their TODO list :)

The last price hike probably didn't push that many people to them. The next ones going to for sure though.

Francisco

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • @Francisco said:
    Plesk already charges per domain on an account, they just have an unlimited options.

I'm willing to bet lunch that the unlimited option is gone by summer.

Francisco

Nah, because there's a practical limit by server size, "Unlimited" is the upsell to fatties who want the most value regardless of need or quality.

Red Robin's has free unlimited steak fries, but nobody can actually eat more than two servings of that shit.

@LTniger said: Proper migration tools would mean open war with cpanel,

...as opposed to...what, subservient deference? I'm sure cPanel would strangle DA if they could...I'm sure DA would love to take as much of cPanel's market share as they could. Viva competition!

Thanked by 1DarkCarnage

@TimboJones said: Red Robin's has free unlimited steak fries, but nobody can actually eat more than two servings of that shit.

I think I should feel embarrassed now, because...

• @raindog308 said:

@LTniger said: Proper migration tools would mean open war with cpanel,

...as opposed to...what, subservient deference? I'm sure cPanel would strangle DA if they could...I'm sure DA would love to take as much of cPanel's market share as they could. Viva competition!

Not strangle, just buy it out :)

• How about you stop sucking the nipple of PHP. Haven't you done enough nipple sucking.

Learn to code with a real language, not PHP, not a graphical crap called cPanel.

just compile your server and run nohup ./yourbinary > /dev/null 2>&1 &,

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • retards

• @Jona4s said: How about you stop sucking the nipple of PHP

You are delusional and clearly out of the meds. Embrace your ban with dignity.

• Sure. Enjoy your WordPress/cPanel/PHP wonderland.

It was made for mentally challenged people like you.

edited October 2020

@Jona4s said: Haven't you done enough nipple sucking.

@Jona4s said: It was made for mentally challenged people like you.

Chill, dude. Attack PHP all you like but leave the ad homs at home.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

What is the price?

• ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep

Interesting, I'm not too familiar with the WP toolkit. Is this essentially the equivalent of the Softaculous plugin?

@ForwardWeb said:
    Interesting, I'm not too familiar with the WP toolkit. Is this essentially the equivalent of the Softaculous plugin?

That's what I was thinking, but with a nice coat of paint?

Francisco

• @ForwardWeb said:

It's kinda better in what it does.
    It does stagings, backups. auto-updating plugins.. etc. I like it tbf

@mezoology said:

@ForwardWeb said:

You can manage back-ups and auto update plugins/themes via Softaculous. What is the staging in reference to?

• @ForwardWeb said:

@mezoology said:

@ForwardWeb said:

You can manage back-ups and auto update plugins/themes via Softaculous. What is the staging in reference to?

as of taking a full copy of the WP site and put it in a 'dev.site.com' for developments and such. you can restore to the production site after

@mezoology said:

@ForwardWeb said:

@mezoology said:

@ForwardWeb said:

as of taking a full copy of the WP site and put it in a 'dev.site.com' for developments and such. you can restore to the production site after

Ah I see, I believe you can also do this via Softaculous however I've never used this function personally. I know the back-up function is popular amongst our clients though. For staging I personally just use the Duplicator plugin by Snap Creek. I believe they also have a API you can use to integrate directly into cPanel.

Either way, doesnt look like cPanel is adding any value or new functionality. At this point, im more or less looking for a more simplified custom solution for our business as most our client are either managing WP through their dashboard or only use a handful of the options via cPanel anyway.

I do like the WHM transfer tool + DNS tools, which at this point has been enough to keep paying the price out of convenience more so than necessity.