Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UBERVPS scam alert!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UBERVPS scam alert!!!

I saw an ad and signup for UBERVPS server.. for one year (1GB RAM, 2x VIRTUAL CPU) pay 29$ on 10/08/2020 for 12 months service

10/12/2020 no server delivered, raise ticket with uber vps but that don't reply :(

10/15/2020 resend ticket in case it was not recieved by provider and tell them that I would like refund

10/20/2020 receive reply from provider and they say
"Thank you for your refund request. Unfortunately due to your payment method we are unable to issue a refund at this time"
I reply asking why no refund because i pay with paypal

10/23/2020 still no refund from web provider UBERVPS and i post on LET to get advice

what should I do??? I lose 29$ from UBER SCAM VPS SCAM

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Never heard of "UBERVPS" and the .com domain name is for sale so don't know what you're on about mate.

• Sue them!

• Hey Bud,
    Super confused. Can't even find that thing with google search :/

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Who the fuck reads ads in 2020?

You deserve it.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @chocolateshirt said:
    Sue them!

I do not want to sue them but I want to alert other users of this UBER VPS SCAM

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You do realize that you will bring them new signups, right?

lol, the irony. Warning does not work on forums like these.

@vibe1777 said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    Sue them!

That’s very thoughtful of you.

Thanks for alerting us of a nonexistent provider!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @thedp said:

@vibe1777 said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    Sue them!

what do u mean??

@vibe1777 said:

@thedp said:

@vibe1777 said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    Sue them!

what do u mean??

Well unless Uber started venturing into the VPS hosting business that I’m not aware about, then I’m not sure who/which company you’re referring to.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2020

Yeah if this exists they have a talent at hiding from Google. So at least they have that going for them.

• I bought the vps from an ad on instagram sorry i forgot to mention

• That’s not even a great deal lol

• @vibe1777 said:
    I bought the vps from an ad on instagram sorry i forgot to mention

Once you get your money back, join the family :)

https://nexusbytes.com

Thanked by 1lentro
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@vibe1777 said:

And they had no website?

• @vibe1777 said:

Dispute the PayPal transaction. If you paid with a credit card (which you always should if possible), directly dispute with your CC provider.

• Yeah I can't find a .com .net .org or .co.uk
    Even tried.info, cause you know.. Premium providers always use their main domain as .info lol, yet - no success.

I don't usually suggest that, but I would dispute that on PayPal and screenshot the tickets (specially the one saying that they can't refund due to it being PayPal, im sure PayPal will enjoy checking up on that)

Next time - just buy from reputable providers.

Good luck!

@vibe1777 said:

So you swiped up, got redirected to some website, picked your VPS package, filled in some form and sent payment via PayPal?

Nevertheless, well done!

Oh and please share URLs of their website or client/customer portal, or at least their email/domain because without any details of the company, you’re better off editing the OP and say “Instagram ad scam alert” or something.

In parallel, open a PayPal dispute, and once you get your $29 back, spend it on NexusBytes and you’ll live happily ever after.

• @t0ny0 said: Yeah I can't find a .com .net .org or .co.uk

OP said that he saw the ad on Instagram and bought the VPS. I'm assuming he directly sent the payment via PayPal because 'ubervps' is nowhere to be found online and got scammed. I'm not sure though because he mentioned something about 'tickets' which means this ubervps might have a hidden website after all. Who knows ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2020

Given that the OP joined at 8:11PM and this was his brilliant first post, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just stringing you guys along.

("UBERVPS" my *rse)

• I never heard about that company also not even Google know about them. You must firstly search the company and their reviews if exists. :)

• Only idiots will get scammed by an Instagram advertisement

• @vibe1777 said:

I am sorry, what?

Well if you are using PayPal, why not dispute / charge back

• @4mm4r said:

@t0ny0 said: Yeah I can't find a .com .net .org or .co.uk

OP said that he saw the ad on Instagram and bought the VPS. I'm assuming he directly sent the payment via PayPal because 'ubervps' is nowhere to be found online and got scammed. I'm not sure though because he mentioned something about 'tickets' which means this ubervps might have a hidden website after all. Who knows ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Tucker using whatsapp?

• gksgks Member

Considering scam during Nov, especially many unknown host through new offers, consider differing from them. There are many known host, their owns hangs out here, don't be a victim of fraud.

• Definitely fishy. Buys VPS exclusively from Instagram but knew that LET was the place to go to complain about it.

Thanked by 2pike AlwaysSkint
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I sense an opening in the marketplace:

$ whois lyftvps.com
    No match for domain "LYFTVPS.COM".

• It feels like buy watermelon from the market, and complain to your neighbor because it's bad inside.

• and now @vibe1777 is out.... hmm this not smell good 😈

• @tokoyuki said:
    It feels like buy watermelon from the market, and complain to your neighbor because it's bad inside.

I take it English isn't your first language, but your analogy would be, "It feels like buy watermelon from the market, and complain to your neighbor because he never fucking got it".

• @hostfactor said:
    and now @vibe1777 is out.... hmm this not smell good 😈

Did you just complain he hasn't replied on the weekend, less than 24 hours after his last post? Jesus Christ...