Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dot com domains for hosting business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dot com domains for hosting business

Before starting an international hosting business, I would love to have your feedback on the best option, from the following domain list

My top preferences
Hostinux.com - from host + linux, without L
Hostiac.com - with suffix -iac, like maniac, paradisiac

Secondary list
fallinhost.com - like fall in love
feelhosted.com

hostiest.com
hostacity.com
hostesque.com
hostgam.com
hostization.com
hostopsy.com
hostular.com
hostiable.com

hostih.com
hostinax.com
hostinel.com
hostinem.com
hostilab.com
hostibu.com
hostiho.com

Domains from list A) are recently registered by me. The domains from B list are available at the time of posting, maybe they could be useful for some of the forum readers.

Thanks!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

There’s still time before Black Friday and Cyber Monday so I’d go for YourSummerHost.com.

You’re most welcome! 😁

• MySummerHost.com also available..

Or more suitable one:

Summer.Hosting also still available..

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • @eurodomenii said:
    Before starting an international hosting business, I would love to have your feedback on the best option, from the following domain list

My top preferences
    Hostinux.com - from host + linux, without L
    Hostiac.com - with suffix -iac, like maniac, paradisiac

Secondary list
    fallinhost.com - like fall in love
    feelhosted.com

hostiest.com
    hostacity.com
    hostesque.com
    hostgam.com
    hostization.com
    hostopsy.com
    hostular.com
    hostiable.com

hostih.com
    hostinax.com
    hostinel.com
    hostinem.com
    hostilab.com
    hostibu.com
    hostiho.com

Domains from list A) are recently registered by me. The domains from B list are available at the time of posting, maybe they could be useful for some of the forum readers.

Thanks!

Domain name doesn't matter much to be honest. Name is supposed to reflect your vision and brand :). For what it is, GoSugarDaddy sounds like a cool name.

Thanked by 1eurodomenii
  • jhjh Member

An international hosting company.. nice

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• @jh said: An international hosting company..

I think I found the perfect domain.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

aninternationalhostingcompany.com is a little too long in my book.

Hell, poop666.com might work better.

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • guesthost.com :#

Thanked by 1eurodomenii
  • hostinem = host + eminem ?

Thanked by 1eurodomenii
  • I would suggest greatforidling.com

• I would vote for Hostiac.com from the list

not on the list moisthost.com

Thanked by 1eurodomenii
  • fuglyhost.com

• @raknaz said:
    hostinem = host + eminem ?

It sounds like, but there’s still a long way to trademark confusion similarity. Anyway https://www.tmdn.org/tmview/welcome#/tmview/results?page=1&pageSize=30&criteria=C&basicSearch=hostinem returns no results!

• eurodomeniieurodomenii Member
    edited October 2020

Thanks for your feedback!

However, there are at least to directions to search for:

1) host + word ( word+host) ( btw I got hostacross.com, meaning to have a failover feature across datacenters, like OVH/Hetzner)

2) I prefer a shorter version, a made-up word from host/hosti ( like Hostinger, Hosterion, Hostico, Hostens etc). The results above were obtained from whois api queries with combinations like host/i + vowel-consonant /consonant-vowel or common English suffixes .

So, besides another new option host + word ( word+host), that is a value input for forum visitors, please leave also your choice regarding HOSTINUX.COM versus HOSTIAC.COM or others from the initial list

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited October 2020

hostular.com
    hostinel.com

Thanked by 1eurodomenii
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2020

Forget .com - why choose it? You know there are so many Top-Level Domains to choose from nowadays? Examples:

hosting.beer
    hosting.wine
    hosting.doctor
    hosting.clinic
    hosting.fan
    hosting.fans
    hosting.place
    hosting.associates

Edit: webhostings.design is free at Porkbun.

Thanked by 1eurodomenii
  • @eurodomenii said:
    Before starting an international hosting business, I would love to have your feedback

My feedback is: don’t do it. Just don’t, you’ll make yourself and your clients very unhappy.

If you have to come here and make random members of a forum pick your company name, it’s already clear that you didn’t think it through.

• @debaser said:

@eurodomenii said:
    Before starting an international hosting business, I would love to have your feedback

My feedback is: don’t do it. Just don’t, you’ll make yourself and your clients very unhappy.

If you have to come here and make random members of a forum pick your company name, it’s already clear that you didn’t think it through.

Let him do it. Usually technical people do not have inspiration for art, like choosing a fancy or meaningful name. Assuming he/she is a tech person, and wants to offer a hosting company with some innovative automated features, it's absolutely normal not to have ideas for something beautiful and impactful enough to triggers emotions in visitors.

If it all proves to be just another summer/winter host... then such topic is a completely different discussion, which implies lots of popcorn, refreshments, and alcohol. But let's hope this is something serious, offering the benefit of the doubt to opening post.

Thanked by 1eurodomenii
  • @default said:

@debaser said:

@eurodomenii said:

Let him do it. Usually technical people do not have inspiration for art, like choosing a fancy or meaningful name. Assuming he/she is a tech person, and wants to offer a hosting company with some innovative automated features, it's absolutely normal not to have ideas for something beautiful and impactful enough to triggers emotions in visitors.

My feedback is sincere. Because if you join here to make us pick a name from a huge list of domains it’s really clear that it’s just not thought through. If you don’t have the ability to pick the right name, look for someone who can.

It doesn’t stop there either. How are you going to do marketing, support etcetera?

• @debaser said:

My confirmed assumption was that here I would find random, but smart people :)

@debaser said:
    Because if you join here to make us pick a name from a huge list of domains it’s really clear that it’s just not thought through. If you don’t have the ability to pick the right name, look for someone who can.

Actually, my choice was already made between HOSTINUX.COM and HOSTIAC.COM ( already recently registered by me, otherwise would have been really dummy to go public). The other domains in the list were found during the process and I thought they could be useful for others. 
    On the other hand, it's such a normal workflow in big companies to have a brainstorming across departments, before launching a new brand. Well, I'm not one of them. 

@debaser said:  
    It doesn’t stop there either. How are you going to do marketing, support etcetera?

I already have a hosting business established in a country, for which I do not want to advertise

@default said:
    If it all proves to be just another summer/winter host... then such topic is a completely different discussion, which implies lots of popcorn, refreshments, and alcohol. But let's hope this is something serious, offering the benefit of the doubt to opening post.

Time will tell, indeed. For instance,  in 2012 hostinux.com used to belong to a Malaysian company http://web-old.archive.org/web/20120129042311/http://www.hostinux.com/  and they released it. Now it's "popcorn" :) 

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2020

@eurodomenii said:

@debaser said:  

I already have a hosting business established in a country, for which I do not want to advertise

No problem, I shall help you out.

• @default said:
    "A sucker is born every minute" - Phineas Taylor Barnum.

What about "Don't be a dick" via https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules-updated-october-2020

• @eurodomenii said:

you entered the lion den on your own... do not complain. 'international hosting' is a different level and for boards like LET the tone of voice might only get worse from here - take it as a fair warning ;-)

Thanked by 2eurodomenii default
  • pikepike Veteran

@default said:
    servers for website are in Germany (not in European Union) [...]

What did you smoke?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I hope you’re aware that LET is eternal and by you listing all those domains here, especially the ones you’ve decided to use for your future “international hosting” business, it isn’t going to portray a good image for you and/or your business, considering the fact that if your potential customers/clients starts digging around, it’s very likely they’ll end up here reading your thread, posts and whatever ties that exists between you, your international hosting business and your already established hosting business.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@default said: No problem, I shall help you out.

This was unnecessary and removed. OP may be benighted but it doesn't mean we have to be nasty.

Thanked by 1eurodomenii
  • @raindog308 said:

@default said: No problem, I shall help you out.

This was unnecessary and removed. OP may be benighted but it doesn't mean we have to be nasty.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Good choices:

fallinhost.com - Failing host - Your hosting company sounds reliable!

hostization.com - Hostage situation or Hospitalization - What happens when you can't pay your bills.

hostopsy.com - Autopsy - You may need one when your clients' sites go down.

hostiho.com - Hosty Hoe - Picking up where backpage left off?

hostinax.com - Host an ax - Popular choice for lumberjack web site developers.

• @rcxb said:
    Good choices:

fallinhost.com - Failing host - Your hosting company sounds reliable!

hostization.com - Hostage situation or Hospitalization - What happens when you can't pay your bills.

hostopsy.com - Autopsy - You may need one when your clients' sites go down.

hostiho.com - Hosty Hoe - Picking up where backpage left off?

hostinax.com - Host an ax - Popular choice for lumberjack web site developers.

Which are the bad choices? ;)