Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Investigate] Do you need servers has good connections to China?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Investigate] Do you need servers has good connections to China?

Hi,

Do you think your business servers need "CN2" networks to China? It provides the best connections to China :)

Comments

• edited October 2020

If your target audience is in China - then yeah.
    If your target audience is not in China - then no.
    Investigation completed.

• yeah ,very need...

• @t0ny0 said:
    If your target audience is in China - then yeah.
    If your target audience is not in China - then no.
    Investigation completed.

good done.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

• zmeuzmeu Member
    edited October 2020

This is always a good ideea to have servers around the world for a better latency not just in China but if you don't have activity in their region then are pointless.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited October 2020

@8QE said:
    Hi,

Do you think your business servers need "CN2" networks to China? It provides the best connections to China :)

The question isn't, do you need. The question is, are you willing to pay premium price for it?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@zmeu said:
    This is always a good idea to have servers around the world for a better latency not just in China but if you don't have activity in their region then are pointless.

My website visitors:

• 58% Asia (42% China)
    • 21% Europe
    • 19% Americas (15% United States)
    • 1% Africa
    • <1% Oceania

I'm hosting in Los Angeles, albeit not the premium CN2 Asian optimized route.
    I have Cloudflare proxy disabled because it does not work in half of China.

I could use a second server in Japan or Singapore, but then:

• Deployment is more complicated.
    • GeoDNS is expensive.
    • Using a separate .cn domain wouldn't work because most traffic are from organic search, and the search engines would return the canonical URI on the .com domain.
  • JustVPSJustVPS Member, Host Rep

In fact, Chinese servers are not popular outside of China. If your company is located in China or your target audience is from there, then it is advisable to buy a server in China.

Thanked by 1Developer_HZH
  • I need no connection to China. If my servers will be blocked upstream for traffic both incoming and outgoing from China I will be happy. Same for Ukraine.

• GodSpeedGodSpeed Member
    edited October 2020

China’s policies are not welcomed by the world, Internet policy and construction are not world leaders, so this question does not need to be asked, everyone knows the answer.

• bdlbdl Member

@GodSpeed said:
    China’s policies are not welcomed by the world, Internet policy and construction are not world leaders, so this question does not need to be asked, everyone knows the answer.

I don't know the answer. :'(

• @bdl said:

@GodSpeed said:

I don't know the answer. :'(

No matter what, this is just my own opinion.