Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyvm 512 KVM Slice vs buyshared 20g Reseller
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyvm 512 KVM Slice vs buyshared 20g Reseller

pavanpavan Member

Hi,

I am confused between buyvm 512 KVM slice vs Buyshared 20g reseller account. Both of them provide directadmin and blesta and SSD. The only difference that I see is the storage space is 10gb with the vps and 20gb with the reseller account. Initially I won't be using that much space therefore I was more inclined towards vps. Are there any specific advantages of going for the vps ? I am familiar with vps management. Which one will give better performance? Since ram is limited to 512 will it be a problem running os and directadmin?

Buyvm 512 KVM vs Buyshared 20g Reseller
  1. Buyvm 512 KVM vs Buyshared 20g Reseller34 votes
    1. Buyvm 512 KVM
      44.12%
    2. Buyshared 20g Reseller
      55.88%

Comments

• Well, not everything can be run on shared hosting. If you want a wordpress websites, go for buyshared.

Thanked by 1pavan
  • 512 is a bit tight for 2020. Directadmin ask for 1GB minimum and 2gb recommanded.
    Dont know about 512.

Thanked by 1pavan
  • edited October 2020

If your objective is webhosting and you are familiar with VPS management then get a slice + slabs.. otherwise just use buyshared..

Thanked by 1pavan
  • alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2020

Comparing them performance-wise isn‘t really possible. You would need to know more about the specs behind the server used for shared hosting and how much your neighbors there are already using up. The main difference is that the VPS gives you more flexibility as its your own (virtual) Linux server, whereas the shared hosting only gives you some disk space on a server you share with others. The questions remaining is: do you need that extra flexibility?

Thanked by 1reikuzan
  • @pavan said: Since ram is limited to 512 will it be a problem running os and directadmin?

Yes, it will be a problem if you want to run DA, Blesta, and resell web hosting on a 512 MB KVM.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • pavan just go with reseller for now, when you feel like (afford) min. 2GB RAM vps, go with vps.

having your own vps definitely adds extra work too.

• (One of) your biggest problems with 512MB RAM will be compiling PHP and other things. It's only really recommended for non-website data IMO (like name servers).

• If you are comfortable with vps management and know how to optimize your website and server, vps will always be a better choice. Why? Because you share your resources with less people :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

512mb isn't enough to install DA.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

I hear NVME RAM is all the rage these days!!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I hear NVME RAM is all the rage these days!!

Some people do that so they can run DNS servers, but for public webserving it's a bad time.

Francisco

• If it's between a VPS @ 512MB and a reseller account always go with the reseller account unless you need permissions that would require a VPS. The reseller will outperform it in just about every aspect.