Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Koofr 1TB Lifetime Storage back on SALE for 86€
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Koofr 1TB Lifetime Storage back on SALE for 86€

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited October 2020 in General

Koofr was founded in 2013 (iirc) and can be best imagined as something like GDrive/Dropbox/OneDrive from the User Experience and workflow. Throw in some nice extras like integration with the aforementioned major players, WebDav (some wordpress plugins can backup to webdav so that's great), good performance and location in EU make 86€ for 1TB lifetime a steal.

Personally, I couldn't be happier with Koofr and I purchased the LTD in November 2019. Let's see where this journey goes ;)

Tl;dr: Very happy with Koofr. Dropped 1Fichier for it although I miss the FTP. Integrates with GDrive/OneDrive/Dropbox and lets you move files back and forth.

@vyas is the one who hooked me up with Koofr a couple of months ago. 150% worth it so far :)

Koofr Company Location: Slowenia
Servers: Hetzner

https://stacksocial.com/sales/koofr-cloud-storage-plans-lifetime-subscription-1tb

Use code: SDFALL40SAVE

Thanked by 3desperand mrTom dtoker

Comments

• How much was this on Black Friday 2019?

• Lifetime

Lifetime of whom?

• @default said: How much was this on Black Friday 2019?

It was $78

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2020

@default said:
    How much was this on Black Friday 2019?

I don't remember, unfortunately. Maybe check WayBackMachine? I don't remember Koofr being much more on discount than this though. I bought it at 69€ November 2019 so perhaps.. :P

@SteveMC said:

Lifetime

Lifetime of whom?

Lifetime always refers to the lifetime of the company or yours. Whichever comes first. A contract of this kind ends when you die, naturally. The other possible outcome, which usually is the more likely one, is that you come to see the company's demise at some point, at which you should have gotten your money's worth out of the product by then. Obviously, if a company is dissolved, files for bankruptcy or similar services are likely not to be continued.

Hope this helps :) Although it always appears logical to me, it happens quite often people ask this. Maybe sometimes it's also to provoke as to "why would you buy a lifetime deal? it's scaaaaam?!", but luckily that's coming only from a few trolls.

• If it will fall after 1 year, it will be still okay.
    They offer services which similar to top cloud drivers like google one, dropbox, onedrive, mega, etc.

• Web-version worth to try. Really good.
    • Integration with rclone, and other clients.

Cons:

• you can't share zip, rar, exe files via direct link like: "koofr.net/yourlnk.exe", you will be forced to share it with a link like: "koofr.net/randomHash | passNumbers12345"

https://koofr.eu/help/share-files-and-folders/how-can-i-share-a-file/

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:
    Personally, I couldn't be happier with Koofr and I purchased the LTD in November 2019. Let's see where this journey goes ;)

The purchased KOOFR ?

• @yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

The purchased KOOFR ?

What? Yes, I purchased Koofr LTD 1TB back then :)

• @Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

The purchased KOOFR ?

You are the owner of KOOFR now :D ?

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • Look at how misleading the abbrevation "LTD" is.

• If you have got an edu mail, you can get 1TB for free from onedrive, so why to buy this service? Just curious...

• @yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

The purchased KOOFR ?

Haha :D maybe I am lol? I should ask them, and if I purchased indeed ownership free TBs for everyone 😂😂

• @Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

The purchased KOOFR ?

Haha :D maybe I am lol? I should ask them, and if I purchased indeed ownership free TBs for everyone 😂😂

This is SHILLING.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jpeng said:
    If you have got an edu mail, you can get 1TB for free from onedrive, so why to buy this service? Just curious...

If you are an admin of school website, you can get Unlimited Google Drive Education for free. So, why even use 1TB from onedrive ?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @yokowasis said:

@jpeng said:
    If you have got an edu mail, you can get 1TB for free from onedrive, so why to buy this service? Just curious...

If you are an admin of school website, you can get Unlimited Google Drive Education for free. So, why even use 1TB from onedrive ?

That’s impossible for me. But i can get an edu mail easily from my university.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited October 2020

@jpeng said:

@yokowasis said:

@jpeng said:

That’s impossible for me. But i can get an edu mail easily from my university.

That's impossible for me. But I can easily generate a bunch of school email with each having unlimited Google Drive.

The point being not everyone can have edu email, or Google Edu. For me and you, we definitely doesn't need this. But not everyone is you and me.

• I bought lifetime 1TB from Zoolz about 3 years ago. They are shutting down next month. :-(

Thanked by 2kkrajk desperand
  • @SteveMC said:

Lifetime

Lifetime of whom?

you can pass down the account to your son and grandson .

• @not_dilligaf said: I bought lifetime 1TB from Zoolz about 3 years ago. They are shutting down next month. :-(

They were hosted on the most expensive cloud platform in the world. AWS.
    The whole business model was strange. They offered storage that cheaper than a platform where they're hosting. Sounds crazy. Need to investigate about koofr.

I heard that Koofr based on hetzner. This is not really a good sign, but not weird.
    But hetzner pretty cheap, and with the current payment model that they have, their business model looks transparent and profitable. Which gives some hope to the project.