Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
HostMantis added Immunify360 to their Shared/Reseller Plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Comments

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited October 17

My sub account get suspended a lot because their wordpress installation are sending spam / host malware / phising sites. And there is no way for me to unsuspend them. I am literally losing customer.

Is this going to solve that problem.

@Francisco do you have immunify ? I am not aware of my sub account getting suspended, either buyshared has better security, or my client on buyshared node is smart people. But I doubt that. Some of the account is student starting their first project creating wordpress blog.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @yokowasis said:
    My sub account get suspended a lot because their wordpress installation are sending spam / host malware / phising sites. And there is no way for me to unsuspend them. I am literally losing customer.

@Francisco do you have immunify ? I am not aware of my sub account getting suspended, either buyshared has better security, or my client on buyshared node is smart people. But I doubt that. Some of the account is student starting their first project creating wordpress blog.

I've never had a wp installation on HM suspended due to spam/malware/phising sites. Where would you suggest their wp installation is sending spam, or how?

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas
  • @yokowasis said:

You seem to get into trouble with a lot of providers lately.

I swear to drunk Im not god

edited October 17

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

I've never had a wp installation on HM suspended due to spam/malware/phising sites. Where would you suggest their wp installation is sending spam, or how?

No, I mean my sub accounts / clients. You know, average joe who just doesn't really care about their installation. Install theme, install plugin, doesn't really care where it's coming from, and never update it.

Most people just create wordpress websites, and then let it idle for the rest of the term. Or you know, using username admin and 123456 as password. That kind of thing. Can't really monitor everything what your client does.

I have asked them is it possible to straight up block email on my sub account. They said, it can't be done.

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

You seem wrong. My latest problem is with Leapswitch / Cloudjiffy / Jelastic. They "had" unstable HDD Storage node, and turning off my node multiple times because my apps scale too much / using too much resource and affecting the host server.

It was months ago, I think about November Last year.

Thanked by 3Ympker JasonM vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 17

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

No, I mean my sub accounts / clients. You know, average joe who just doesn't really care about their installation. Install theme, install plugin, doesn't really care where it's coming from, and never update it.

Most people just create wordpress websites, and then let it idle for the rest of the term. Or you know, using username admin and 123456 as password. That kind of thing. Can't really monitor everything what your client does.

I have asked them is it possible to straight up block email on my sub account. They said, it can't be done.

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

You seem wrong. My latest problem is with Leapswitch / Cloudjiffy / Jelastic. They "had" unstable HDD Storage node, and turning off my node multiple times because my apps scale too much / using too much resource and affecting the host server.

These ppl should use WP2Static :P But yeah, I hear ya.

Email can be blocked by creating a respective package in WHM with no email resources, then assign it to your customers, right?

• @Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Ideally yes. But they don't even know wp2static exists, let alone what it does.

Back to my original question, is this something that's going to be prevented by immunify?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@yokowasis said:
    Back to my original question, is this something that's going to be prevented by immunify?

Imunify360 will scan files for possible malware, clean it and trigger proactive defence rules against it as well in case something shady happens, as well as an extensive modsec ruleset and bruteforce protection for various CMS's.

There's also an option in Imunify360 to force users to using strong passwords (it intercepts logins to e.g. WordPress).

So yes, Imunify360 can do a whole lot in terms of improving the security of your customers' sites - however, as with anything, there's no silver bullet.

Imunify360 at least from my experience is one of the better "off the shelf" solutions out there, if people ain't doing everything in-house.

What I absolutely love, is the fact they're super responsive to possible false positives or false negatives, and they're often having fixes out for signatures or similar in a matter of hours :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Wish @Nick_A also makes it accessible again to the end users, as I see the immunify 360 web shield service up and running on the cpanel servers :smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Zerpy said:
    There's also an option in Imunify360 to force users to using strong passwords (it intercepts logins to e.g. WordPress).

You can’t set this as a reseller as it is an admin only function. You will be reliant on HM having this set in their setup.

• Nick_ANick_A Top Provider

@K4Y5 said: Wish @Nick_A also makes it accessible again to the end users, as I see the immunify 360 web shield service up and running on the cpanel servers

Hmm we use BitNinja. I think CloudLinux offers some limited imunify360 functionality out of the box that you might be seeing?

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@Nick_A said:

@K4Y5 said: Wish @Nick_A also makes it accessible again to the end users, as I see the immunify 360 web shield service up and running on the cpanel servers

Hmm we use BitNinja. I think CloudLinux offers some limited imunify360 functionality out of the box that you might be seeing?

Oh, alright. I had no idea cloudlinux offered limited imunify360 functionality too.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@yokowasis said: @Francisco do you have immunify ? I am not aware of my sub account getting suspended, either buyshared has better security, or my client on buyshared node is smart people. But I doubt that. Some of the account is student starting their first project creating wordpress blog.

No, we have some of our own anti spam systems in place that use whitelists for things like PHP Mail, etc.

We do have immunify but only the free edition since some people wanted it. I haven't seen enough reason to opt for the full blown one at this time.

Francisco

BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • @yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

We assume you are referring to the feature:

WordPress Account Compromise Prevention

We considered using it but felt it may be a bit too intrusive.

Thanked by 1level6
  • @HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

ah yes now you're concerned about being intrusive just not when you massively increased pricing to existing customers.

lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

edited October 19

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

I am referring to malcious code on my sub account. Whether it's uploaded by my client accidentally or uploaded by the hacker because the wordpress installation is compromised.

• @yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

I am referring to malcious code on my sub account. Whether it's uploaded by my client accidentally or uploaded by the hacker because the wordpress installation is compromised.

Yes, Imunify360 helps prevent those types of attacks.

• we removed immunity and replaced with bitninja. best decision ever. Load dropped by almost 50% on all servers because bitninja is working at the 4th layer and not 7.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @AndreiGhesi said:
    we removed immunity and replaced with bitninja. best decision ever. Load dropped by almost 50% on all servers because bitninja is working at the 4th layer and not 7.

yeah it seems after Imunify360 server load is increased some of my HM reseller are showing high load

EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO

• @webclouddev said:
    yeah it seems after Imunify360 server load is increased some of my HM reseller are showing high load

That could be the initial Imunify360 scan as it will scan everything at first to map it and then I believe only files that change thereafter are scanned

• @LeonDynamic said:

@webclouddev said:

That could be the initial Imunify360 scan as it will scan everything at first to map it and then I believe only files that change thereafter are scanned

yes , thats what HM explained too

EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO

• @webclouddev said:

@LeonDynamic said:

@webclouddev said:

yes , thats what HM explained too

Yes, that's what written on HM website too.

• @SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

ah yes now you're concerned about being intrusive just not when you massively increased pricing to existing customers.

Jesus Christ, are you super poor? You're so bitter, you don't mind looking stupid (intrusive doesn't mean what you think it means) to try and get one in.

Let it go.

• @TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Jesus Christ, are you super poor? You're so bitter, you don't mind looking stupid (intrusive doesn't mean what you think it means) to try and get one in.

Let it go.

Even after increasing the price I still feel their price is reasonable, a little cheaper than buyvm. They also increase the limit of cpanel account. Can't really blame them. Everyone suffering from cpanel shenanigans.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 22

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Let it go.

in·tru·sive
    /inˈtro͞osiv/

causing disruption or annoyance through being unwelcome or uninvited.
    "that was an intrusive question"

P.S. I use RamNode which is more expensive, I just don't support companies that got their tag revoked for shady bait and switch practices.

P.P.S. I don't have time to argue.

Thanked by 1Nick_A

• @SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Let it go.

in·tru·sive
    /inˈtro͞osiv/

P.S. I use RamNode which is more expensive, I just don't support companies that got their tag revoked for shady bait and switch practices.

IMO, as a customer - it was a forced move.
    One could even argue: the fact they had to raise the prices means they were giving all the possible discounts to their customers, not making some huge profit per each customer - hence, had no "cushion" in case some of the input prices go up.

It's not like a planned con - we all know why they had to charge more (cPanel price hike).

I've got no problem with HostMantis for that. Guys still offer very good hosting at bargain prices.

Thanked by 1HostMantis

Mostly harmless™

I/O Gremlin

• @bikegremlin said:

@SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Let it go.

in·tru·sive
    /inˈtro͞osiv/

One could even argue: the fact they had to raise the prices means they were giving all the possible discounts to their customers, not making some huge profit per each customer - hence, had no "cushion" in case some of the input prices go up.

It's not like a planned con - we all know why they had to charge more (cPanel price hike).

I've got no problem with HostMantis for that. Guys still offer very good hosting at bargain prices.

Yeah but there's better ways to go about it then they did.

Also rarely spoke on it at all, nor apologized, and dipped off of LET for a year after losing their tag only to come back when sales are involved.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited October 22

@SirFoxy said:

@bikegremlin said:

@SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Let it go.

in·tru·sive
    /inˈtro͞osiv/

Also rarely spoke on it at all, nor apologized, and dipped off of LET for a year after losing their tag only to come back when sales are involved.

I'm sure different people prefer different positions - but we all got fucked by the big corps (cPanel in this case). No matter how you phrase it, rising prices is what they had to do.

Agree they aren't active in this community, unlike some other providers. Just business.

Thanked by 2ariq01 HostMantis

Mostly harmless™

I/O Gremlin

• @bikegremlin said:
    they aren't active in this community, unlike some other providers. Just business.

Well, to be fair, they never into lowendtalk / lowendmarket. They come here because someone posted their coupon / deals / link in here. Like other business owner, where there is a spike of traffic comes from a site, something must going on.

They come here, explain things, apply for provider tag, and that's it. No fancy stuff discussion or others. Because they don't even consider us a market.

Pretty sure the clientexec developer come to this forum for the very same reason.

• @SirFoxy said:

@bikegremlin said:

@SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Let it go.

in·tru·sive
    /inˈtro͞osiv/

Oh, selective memory. They were very upfront and were as accommodating as they could with 25% discount from 75%. Pull up the July 2, 2019 email, excerpt:

Unfortunately, any/all promotional codes that were used prior to this change will only be honored until the end of their current billing cycle at their current rate. At the end of your accounts current billing cycle, the recurring rate will then be at 25% off.

Going forward, all promotional codes we release will be more inline with the new pricing structure, but still offer an extremely competitive discount.

We realize this change for some may be cost prohibitive and we sincerely apologize, but at cPanel’s new rates, it would be a death sentence for our company to continue with our services as-is. With the new structure, it ensures we can continue to offer cPanel as our main web hosting control panel and provide the same reliable service to our clients, while still offer very competitive rates.

Thanked by 2HostMantis level6
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 22

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@bikegremlin said:

@SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Let it go.

in·tru·sive
    /inˈtro͞osiv/

Oh, selective memory. They were very upfront and were as accommodating as they could with 25% discount from 75%. Pull up the July 2, 2019 email, excerpt:

Unfortunately, any/all promotional codes that were used prior to this change will only be honored until the end of their current billing cycle at their current rate. At the end of your accounts current billing cycle, the recurring rate will then be at 25% off.

Going forward, all promotional codes we release will be more inline with the new pricing structure, but still offer an extremely competitive discount.

We realize this change for some may be cost prohibitive and we sincerely apologize, but at cPanel’s new rates, it would be a death sentence for our company to continue with our services as-is. With the new structure, it ensures we can continue to offer cPanel as our main web hosting control panel and provide the same reliable service to our clients, while still offer very competitive rates.

go drink ur milk out of a bag n chill ur super angry 4 no reason

• I hate Immunify. It blocks Tor exit nodes.

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@default said:
    I hate Immunify. It blocks Tor exit nodes.

Actually it does not outright block Tor exit nodes - but it does block bad actors who are trying to do shit, and since that happens fairly often with Tor exit nodes, then yes - there's plenty of Tor exit nodes that are constantly grey or blacklisted (for a period of time) in Imunify360. But Tor exit nodes are not specifically blocked.

• Does it even relevant in this case ? we are talking about shared / reseller hosting here.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • @SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@bikegremlin said:

@SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Let it go.

in·tru·sive
    /inˈtro͞osiv/

I don't get the milk reference (because Canadians have milk in bags?) and do you need reminding here you're the angry, butthurt, whiner in this situation? And lastly, in what fucking world should anyone ever listen to someone that says, "ur"?

• @TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@bikegremlin said:

@SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@yokowasis said:

@serv_ee said:

@yokowasis said:

Let it go.

in·tru·sive
    /inˈtro͞osiv/

I don't get the milk reference (because Canadians have milk in bags?) and do you need reminding here you're the angry, butthurt, whiner in this situation? And lastly, in what fucking world should anyone ever listen to someone that says, "ur"?

k lol

• SmallWebSmallWeb Member, Provider

It's the year 3366, the only two people left on LET are Foxy Bingo and Sir Timbo.

Legend has it they will never stop beefing.

Thanked by 1seriesn

Michael from SmallWeb - Support is only offered via ticket/email.

• @SmallWeb said:
    It's the year 3366, the only two people left on LET are Foxy Bingo and Sir Timbo.

Legend has it they will never stop beefing.

fax no printer fuck the opps