Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM 1tb for 3 yers !! only 50 eur Located in Romania-Norway Limited Stoc ! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM 1tb for 3 yers !! only 50 eur Located in Romania-Norway Limited Stoc !

Comments

• @JerryHou said:
    Norway location is an interesting option, may get one...

I think @cociu will provide more on Black Friday madness.

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • Somebody were able to get his VPS reinstalled using ISO?

• @default said:

@JerryHou said:
    Norway location is an interesting option, may get one...

I think @cociu will provide more on Black Friday madness.

Hopefully, I wish there will be some 2T option. LOL

• ofitofit Member
    edited October 2020

@jugganuts When you bought it? My have 168 Single-Core Score, 164 Multi-Core Score but on my did not enable aes-in and Base Frequency 1.80 GHz

GeekBench5 https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4352336

• @ofit said:
    @jugganuts When you bought it? My have 168 Single-Core Score, 164 Multi-Core Score but on my did not enable aes-in and Base Frequency 1.80 GHz

Yeah. It seems specs are not the same for every customer. Maybe @cociu can provide more info.

• @default said: Maybe @cociu can provide more info.

if hi opened a tiket and can locate the node i will take a look the difference , normaly we had use the same baremetal

• PilzbaumPilzbaum Member
    edited October 2020

@andrewn said:
    Somebody were able to get his VPS reinstalled using ISO?

Next to the method of @akb I present you the iPXE method. But I believe that his is easier! However, as I have read some stuff (like here), his method might not support every custom iso (like Windows maybe).

There are some options via iPXE, but I discovered them some hours ago, so I can give no complete tutorial.

First of all you need to login to the clientarea on HS and select your service, on which you'd like to install a custom iso.

Then, you need to edit Information and select Network as Boot Device 1 and Confirm.

After this, reboot via the panel and open the noVNC Console.

While booting, there is an option to press CTRL-B to open the iPXE command line

When entering iPXE there are multiple options to continue
    The most promising in my opinion would be to use netboot.xyz. Netboot provides many different system OSes, so for most use cases this could be the best option.
    Note: replace https with http when using netboot.xyz

dhcp
    chain --autofree http://boot.netboot.xyz

For custom isos (ISO needs to be smaller than the existing RAM! This is a downer imo):

kernel https://boot.netboot.xyz/memdisk iso raw
    initrd http:/direct-iso-link.tld/iso.iso
    boot

Alternatively, sanboot might also be used (I didn't test it completely, but the debian installer started and failed later on):

dhcp
    sanboot http:/direct-iso-link.tld/iso.iso

but netboot.xyz has an option to selfhost it. You then can add custom isos. This is a cleaner way I believe, to install custom isos.

Sidenotes:
    I have not tested any real install.
    When using sanboot, the debian installer failed
    I didn't test any option from netboot.xyz, as I don't need the custom iso install

I hope this could help others.

EDIT: Fixed many typos... Man, I can't write anymore

• Great tutorial! thanks

• @cociu Ticket #859177

• @ofit said: @cociu Ticket #859177

ok thanks , i will forwar it to my people to see if see any difference tumorrow. Thanks.

• DevilDevil Member
    edited October 2020

@sjkme said:
    i've been a customer for about 3 years and have a couple of storage servers with them, had some issues initially (network speed issues mostly) but that's all been sorted for a while now. The network performance is great & customer support is very quick to respond, for the price this is a insane deal. I'm tempted to grab another but waiting for dedicated deals.

What languages the support is offered in? If English, then is it the same person who promotes this VPS on this forum, or are there other support people with better command over the language (I am not judging anyone, just a practical concern if I decide to buy their services)?

Are the use of abusive words, offensive remarks about one's family members made off this forum as well, or that's reserved for this forum (apparently with moderators' blessings)?

I am genuinely curious about these things. On one hand I see the kind of language promoter uses and on another hand I see the prices that seem just too good to be true, i.e. unreal.

When someone asks a technical question about certain kind of feasibility (like cost) or problem the answer, instead of being a to the point response, is often "I will let my users speak".

So from the outlook presented on LET it reads like unprofessionally run in every aspect. What's the deal here?

• @Devil said: Devil

no comment , i will not play anymore such game. the people finally will review and we will see who have the part of true. I lost to many time here to try to tell the same. So better to invest this time in add more sexy offers , add more quaility , add more features in our business.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

My take ...

@Devil said:
    What languages the support is offered in? If English, then is it the same person who promotes this VPS on this forum, or are there other support people with better command over the language (I am not judging anyone, just a practical concern if I decide to buy their services)?

I've only seen English there, between reasonably good and quite good, depending on the person. And no, usually it's not @cociu but someone from support or tech. I guess cociu only comes in when a boss decision is required.

Are the use of abusive words, offensive remarks about one's family members made off this forum as well, or that's reserved for this forum (apparently with moderators' blessings)?

No, not at all. It's polite and between matter of factly and friendly.

So from the outlook presented on LET it reads like unprofessionally run in every aspect. What's the deal here?

What you see here is cociu, the owner and boss who seems to take care of sales and marketing and he is a human being and like all humans has a personality; some like it, some don't.

• will norway node be delivered soon? 10 days past... :)

• Romania still shows in-stock, but can't order.

I know the offer has passed, but I was wondering if I could order one if there is still stock.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jpeng said:
    will norway node be delivered soon? 10 days past... :)

1. Order Norway.
    2. Do 14 push-ups every day.
    3. Box delivered after 196 push-ups.
    Thanked by 3TimboJones Mikasa BBTN
  • @drunkendog said:
    Romania still shows in-stock, but can't order.

I know the offer has passed, but I was wondering if I could order one if there is still stock.

Maybe because you are drunk.. let it sobber first..

• drunkendogdrunkendog Member
    edited October 2020

@chocolateshirt said:

@drunkendog said:
    Romania still shows in-stock, but can't order.

Maybe because you are drunk.. let it sobber first..

xd. I'm still kicking myself for missing this order. This was the exact thing I needed, and I just... skipped it

• @cociu The server is listed as ssd but the cache feature on the server is not activated, and the processor settings are not host but kvm64, cpuunit also 512 should be 1024, I know that the cost is very cheap, but please keep the quality

Thanked by 1Mikasa
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2020

@malhuda - learn to read please. This topic is about a different offer, one with HDD in Raid10, without any SSD. The CPU is very low, and RAM is most likely oversold. So, this offer is most likely useful only as storage.

Because you probably do not like to go back and read the opening post, i provide you with specs, putting the storage part (no SSD cache part) in bold.

1 core (E5-2450L cpu)
    512 mb ram
    1 tb Hdd (raid10)
    5 tb traffic/mo
    1 ipv4
    1gbps port speed

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @malhuda said: @cociu The server is listed as ssd but the cache feature on the server is not activated, and the processor settings are not host but kvm64, cpuunit also 512 should be 1024, I know that the cost is very cheap, but please keep the quality

this is not our tiketing system , please post all this info in to a tiket and my colleage will help you. Definetly is not ok something there.

• @default thanks for the help , but from the config hi have i think is speack about the ssd offer wich i made some time ago , any way this is not related to this offer also i will not resolve any issue posted in LET , we have a tiketing support wich is function now like a charm so hi can open a tiket.

• malhudamalhuda Member
    edited October 2020

@default said:
    @malhuda - learn to read please. This topic is about a different offer, one with HDD in Raid10, without any SSD. The CPU is very low, and RAM is most likely oversold. So, this offer is most likely useful only as storage.

Because you probably do not like to go back and read the opening post, i provide you with specs, putting the storage part (no SSD cache part) in bold.

1 core (E5-2450L cpu)
    512 mb ram
    1 tb Hdd (raid10)
    5 tb traffic/mo
    1 ipv4
    1gbps port speed

Okay fine, sorry I misplaced, and I've moved it to what it should be

• @cociu said:

@malhuda said: @cociu The server is listed as ssd but the cache feature on the server is not activated, and the processor settings are not host but kvm64, cpuunit also 512 should be 1024, I know that the cost is very cheap, but please keep the quality

this is not our tiketing system , please post all this info in to a tiket and my colleage will help you. Definetly is not ok something there.

Okay, well I'll make the ticket

• @malhuda said: Okay fine, sorry I misplaced, and I've moved it to what it should be

no you posted in my second thread definetly is not where you need to post.

• @malhuda said:

@cociu said:

@malhuda said: @cociu The server is listed as ssd but the cache feature on the server is not activated, and the processor settings are not host but kvm64, cpuunit also 512 should be 1024, I know that the cost is very cheap, but please keep the quality

Okay, well I'll make the ticket

apart from that, you shouldn't complain about things you don't understand ;-)

cpu units is something to balance load - so without knowing the numbers for other instances in parallel, there is not much discuss the 512. if they all are 512 the result would be pretty much the same as with 1024 being the default setting.
    however, adjusting this on heavily used system makes a lot of sense and you rather WANT providers to make proper use of that option.

same goes for the cache setting. no-cache at that point does not mean NO cache at all. maybe read and understand the options proxmox gives there first: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Performance_Tweaks - and the level this works on. you don't need or want unneccessary double caching nor write back eating your precious data.

• Any benchmark from Norway?

• @default said: Any benchmark from Norway?

nobody was received , unfostunatly we have a delay in the pallet deliver with 4 days until now.

• @cociu said:

@default said: Any benchmark from Norway?

nobody was received , unfostunatly we have a delay in the pallet deliver with 4 days until now.

So the "14 days delivery maximum" is now modified into what? Any time expectations until provisioning?

• @default said: So the "14 days delivery maximum" is now modified into what? Any time expectations until provisioning?

is question of days no more , the problem i have not count with the idiots from our custom (romania dhl) was put us to remake the papers 10 times almost. Open the pallet 3 times , so was pick up 4 days after ... but yes finnaly i have broke my word so if someone is feel bad of this i really apologise.

Thanked by 1bdl