Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
SiteGround to drop all WordPress-related Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

SiteGround to drop all WordPress-related Support

Siteground to drop all WordPress-related support completly.

Oh, well. I was with them a couple of years back and it was quite snappy. I used to justify their sometimes a bit more pricy plans with their support quality that often went the extra mile. But now it seems they dropped that completly.

I mean, they must have ended up becoming like LE Support Desk getting inquiries for buggy third party plugins they can't do or known much about. Still, dropping wp support entirely will make justifying their higher pricing a bit more difficult. They could have instead limited support to core wp or similar. But then again, there'd be many customers who wouldn't known where to draw the line.

Tl;dr: If you relied on Siteground to deal with your or your client's WP issues look elsewhere.

Comments

  • Mmm they just dropping support for third party plugins and themes for Wordpress. I guess they still will run WP optimized servers. This still matters.

    Thanked by 1Ympker

    hostwp.net -- Wordpress Hosting for Developers.

  • @LTniger said:
    Mmm they just dropping support for third party plugins and themes for Wordpress. I guess they still will run WP optimized servers. This still matters.

    It's likely that. Honestly, I cannot imagine all the third party plugin requests they may have gotten. They still offer great performance :)

  • Is siteground owned by EIG?

    Good Morning. Have a nice day ahead!smiley

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

    Why they should support 3rd party applications or someone else corrupted code? I personally don’t get why they supported in first place? I understand the server optimised servers/shared hosting for WP like all other providers do.

    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • @WebProject said:
    Why they should support 3rd party applications or someone else corrupted code? I personally don’t get why they supported in first place? I understand the server optimised servers/shared hosting for WP like all other providers do.

    They sure had a reputation for going the extra mile. Understood they dropped it but somehow, as a provider, you have to differ from the masses. Support was one of their perks.

  • @JasonM said: Is siteground owned by EIG?

    Nope

    Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @JasonM said: Is siteground owned by EIG?

    Don't think anyone would be praising their support if they were owned by EIG :joy:

    Visit my website || Add me on Discord: Unixfy#3061

  • experttechitexperttechit Member, Provider

    I have seen complaints about SG recently and Their ‘new’ panel

  • this is sensationalist marketing material and anyone providing a wp service should be doing it themselves anyways.

    lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

  • The link is for WPX trying to make money off the decision. Compare prices though- site ground 10 bucks a month fr unlimited sites and wpx 25 a month for 5 sites. Yep, easier to provide more support with higher margins

    Nothing profound to say, so I'm on LET.

  • CasualCanvasCasualCanvas Member
    edited October 15

    I support Jeff Bittner on this one. The article looks more like a hit piece since at the end it's more like, why choose use over the one we're dissing.

  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited October 15

    @Unbelievable said:
    The link is for WPX trying to make money off the decision. Compare prices though- site ground 10 bucks a month fr unlimited sites and wpx 25 a month for 5 sites. Yep, easier to provide more support with higher margins

    It's not that simple. WPX is similar to Pressable, Kinsta, WP Engine, etc., proper managed WordPress hosts, whereas SiteGround is just another Shared host like InMotion, A2, InterServer, etc.

    SiteGround's cheapest plan costing $15/month (not 10) provides almost nothing (talking about not-discounted prices). Only their $40/month plan is similar to what WPX or other managed WordPress hosts offer.

    But, I also agree that this blog post is an attempt to get SiteGround's dissatisfied customers.

  • MS said:

    @Unbelievable said:
    The link is for WPX trying to make money off the decision. Compare prices though- site ground 10 bucks a month fr unlimited sites and wpx 25 a month for 5 sites. Yep, easier to provide more support with higher margins

    It's not that simple. WPX is similar to Pressable, Kinsta, WP Engine, etc., proper managed WordPress hosts, whereas SiteGround is just another Shared host like InMotion, A2, InterServer, etc.

    SiteGround's cheapest plan costing $15/month (not 10) provides almost nothing (talking about not-discounted prices). Only their $40/month plan is similar to what WPX or other managed WordPress hosts offer.

    But, I also agree that this blog post is an attempt to get SiteGround's dissatisfied customers.

    Uhhhh, where are you looking? I'm looking at SG's WP Hosting and Shared Hosting and the cheapest plan that I can see is 6.99/month, 14.99/month the highest.

  • ShazanShazan Provider

    @CasualCanvas said:
    Uhhhh, where are you looking? I'm looking at SG's WP Hosting and Shared Hosting and the cheapest plan that I can see is 6.99/month, 14.99/month the highest.

    6.99 is the discounted price (first payment only if I am not wrong), the regular price is 14.99.

    Thanked by 1_MS_

    Noamweb - Managed hosting in Italy

  • @Shazan said:

    @CasualCanvas said:
    Uhhhh, where are you looking? I'm looking at SG's WP Hosting and Shared Hosting and the cheapest plan that I can see is 6.99/month, 14.99/month the highest.

    6.99 is the discounted price (first payment only if I am not wrong), the regular price is 14.99.

    I've looked into it further, it seems the discounted price doesn't kick in if you do monthly payments but if you do yearly then it kicks in.

  • ... like they have been acing it like a champ with their Wordpress support till now :D :D :D . They are, even otherwise, just a 'level 1' support good enough for an average Doe, the moment your demand and traffic increases, you have to look into better, more experienced Admin / Devs to take care.

    And not to mention the horrible tracking/caching plugin they install in the name of 'optimisation' which adds shitload of telemetry and bloat beyond the scope.

  • Siteground support was my first job in life. Definitely going the extra mile in helping customers was their market differentiator.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • SiteGround realized the high liability of those auto-updates just prior to WP 5.0 rolling out with the new Gutenberg editor. On the other hand, lack of updates is the number one way sites get hacked. And that puts the server and all other sites on the server at risk

    so finally siteground decide to drop all support on wordpress

Sign In or Register to comment.