Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
PayPal dispute fee of 15 USD / 14 EUR from December 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

PayPal dispute fee of 15 USD / 14 EUR from December 16

M66BM66B Member

This will be "fun", a new PayPal dispute fee of 15 USD / 14 EUR from December 16, 2020:

Section A3.3.2:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/marketing/ua/pdf/GB/en/ua-121620-v2.pdf

And a fee for inactive accounts as well ...

Thanked by 1Ympker

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Top Provider

You will not be charged a Standard Dispute fee for disputes that are:
    • Inquiries in PayPal’s Resolution Centre that are not escalated to a claim with
    PayPal.
    • Resolved directly between you and the buyer and not escalated to a claim with
    PayPal.
    • Filed by the buyer directly with PayPal as an Unauthorized Transaction.
    • Eligible for PayPal Seller Protection .
    • Claims with a transaction value that is less than twice the amount of
    a Standard Dispute fee.
    • Decided in your favor by PayPal or your issuer.

HostUS | OpenVZ & KVM VPS in 10 worldwide locations with our own Breeze Panel!
    AS7489 | View our network | LIR Services - IPv4, IPv6, ASN | Latest Special Offers!

• M66BM66B Member
    edited October 13

@AlexanderM that would be nice, where did you read that?

Edit: stupid question because it is just in the referenced document!

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited October 13

@M66B said: And a fee for inactive accounts as well ...

What?

I swear to drunk Im not god

• M66BM66B Member

@serv_ee said:

What?

Indeed, "what?", even 12 euros yearly and as I understood it from another forum, it will even be applied at the end of this year for this year ...

Logging in seems to be enough to "reset" this though.

• @M66B said:

@serv_ee said:

What?

Indeed, "what?", even 12 euros yearly and as I understood it from another forum, it will even be applied at the end of this year for this year ...

What bullshit is that? I got two accounts on PP that I cant even login to anymore since the domain doesnt exist anymore but my CC are tied to em. Oh well..happy times for my CC issuer when Ill just charge back Paypal with the explanation of "Inactive account fee"

• snahsnah Member
    edited October 13

The inactivity fee applies to users registered in United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary (Corporate Customers only) Isle of Man, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia.

The inactivity fee will be the lesser of the fee listed below or the remaining balance in your account

• U.K. Pounds Sterling:12.00 GBP
    • Euro:12.00 EUR
    • Czech Koruna:300.00 CZK
    • Hungarian Forint:4,000.00 HUF
    Thanked by 1M66B
  • Yeah, I have a PayPal account too that I can't even access anymore... I deleted my phone number, set another primary one and they still send the 2FA to the old one... Turns out they have a different setting for this, well, too late.

• JoeFJoeF Member

Is the inactive account fee only for business accounts or does it also apply to personal?

• M66BM66B Member

@JoeF said:
    Is the inactive account fee only for business accounts or does it also apply to personal?

As far as I understood it applies to all accounts.

• JoeFJoeF Member

@M66B said:

@JoeF said:

Oh well paypal can enjoy my cc dispute fee.

Thanked by 1serv_ee
  • @JoeF said:

@M66B said:

The inactivity fee will be the lesser of the fee listed below or the remaining balance in your account

I read that to mean they'll take from your outstanding balance up to the value of the fee. Unless I've misread it they won't be reaching out to charge funding sources like credit cards.

• M66BM66B Member

@cochon said:

@JoeF said:

@M66B said:

I read that to mean they'll take from your outstanding balance up to the value of the fee. Unless I've misread it they won't be reaching out to charge funding sources like credit cards.

Indeed, they won't charge from connected payment methods, like credit cards and bank accounts, it seems.

• Good luck all the hosting providers. Some fucked up morons will cause damage.

• jhjh Member

This is going to double overheads at some LET providers.

• M66BM66B Member

@jh said:

They just need to lower prices below half of 15 USD / 14 EUR and there won't be any problem ;-)

• cociucociu Member, Provider

paypal need money for his marte rockets. Fuck them really , this is a invented fee to suck more money.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Inactivity fee can be avoided by simply logging in once a year.

• @M66B said:

@jh said:

They just need to lower prices below half of 15 USD / 14 EUR and there won't be any problem ;-)

Isn't it double?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited October 13

@TheKiller said:
    Good luck all the hosting providers. Some fucked up morons will cause damage.

Some fucked up morons don't usually win a dispute.

If anything, this will fucked up some moron hosting providers.

It's a good news. Providers can't just refuse refund and change it into credit.

Cough... Kgb... Russian... Cough

• M66BM66B Member

@sanvit said:

@M66B said:

@jh said:

Isn't it double?

Yes, I was too optimistic I guess ...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Love to see it. Enjoy it lowend providers, suckers.

There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

• The hosting market is high risk, so Paypal and Stripe don't really want you on there anyways.

lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

• @deank said:
    Love to see it. Enjoy it lowend providers, suckers.

AWS SPY.

• CConnerCConner Member, Provider

Lmao. As if providers needed more reasons to dump PayPal ASAP. Especially after the broken WHMCS-PayPal integration fiasco.

GameDash, an AIO solution uniting billing, support & game server management platform.
    Visit our website or join our Discord to find out more.

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

@SirFoxy said:
    The hosting market is high risk, so Paypal and Stripe don't really want you on there anyways.

if you do run business you need to expect the high rick customers everywhere not just hosting industry. In my previous electrical business we had such lovely customers who receive their electrical items and 3-5 months down the line check their credit card statement and trying to chargeback the transaction as they never received the item, such lovely customers forget that they did signed for their parcels.

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • I really hope a serious payment processor (for both businesses and regular people) takes over and people start dumping PayPal for good. They have been the most popular payment processor for years and they're taking advantage of that lately. Bastards!

Thanked by 1cociu
  • jarjar Provider

@AlexanderM said: You will not be charged a Standard Dispute fee for disputes that are:

+

@AlexanderM said: • Decided in your favor by PayPal or your issuer.

=

Happy me.

MagicSpam blackmails providers into buying their software, and ServerHub is a professional spam organization.

@kalimov622 said:
    I really hope a serious payment processor (for both businesses and regular people) takes over and people start dumping PayPal for good. They have been the most popular payment processor for years and they're taking advantage of that lately. Bastards!

You do have such payment gateway called Stripe but not all customers wish to pay via their payment card.

Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • @WebProject said:

@kalimov622 said:
    I really hope a serious payment processor (for both businesses and regular people) takes over and people start dumping PayPal for good. They have been the most popular payment processor for years and they're taking advantage of that lately. Bastards!

You do have such payment gateway called Stripe but not all customers wish to pay via their payment card.

also, not all countries supported by Stripe.

@mezoology said:

@WebProject said:

@kalimov622 said:

For merchants yes it’s still limited countries but as for buyers no limits on countries, simply need to have Visa, MasterCard or Amex or other option of payments.

• @mezoology said:

@WebProject said:

@kalimov622 said:

Correct and I think you need a business to register with Stripe.
    Eitherway @WebProject, I was referring to something similar with PayPal but well not PayPal. Unfortunately, Skrill which is the first that come into my mind doesn't come anywhere close in terms of popularity.

Skrill used to be great 10 years ago, unfortunately not anymore due to luck of customer service, £15 per month charge (probably more now) to get access to merchant account without any flexibility or options of payments it’s just pointless.

• jsgjsg Member

Maybe this new case of Paypal actually behaving like Payjerk will trigger the creation of a more reasonable competitor. I'd also not be surprised if the EU slams them with a hefty fine sooner or later.

Thanked by 1kalimov622

Thanks no.

• @serv_ee said:

@M66B said:

@serv_ee said:

What?

What bullshit is that? I got two accounts on PP that I cant even login to anymore since the domain doesnt exist anymore but my CC are tied to em. Oh well..happy times for my CC issuer when Ill just charge back Paypal with the explanation of "Inactive account fee"

Register the domains yourself.
    Cancel your credit card.

• @WebProject said:

@SirFoxy said:
    The hosting market is high risk, so Paypal and Stripe don't really want you on there anyways.

if you do run business you need to expect the high rick customers everywhere

High Rick is the worst customer to have.

Thanked by 2lokuzard PHDan
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited October 13

@TimboJones said:

@serv_ee said:

@M66B said:

@serv_ee said:

What?

Register the domains yourself.
    Cancel your credit card.

You mean the domain I let expire and now they want $2000 for it? Yeah, no.

Edit:

My bad

Finance This Domain: $3495 12 monthly payments of $292

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Provider
    edited October 14

PayPal is still a large portion of our business. I dislike them for numerous reasons not relevant to this thread, but I would like to address one thing about this upcoming dispute policy change.

Ecommercebytes said a PayPal representative explained the policy as such;

Update 10/3/2020: PayPal's spokesperson provided the following additional clarification;

"The Dispute Fee will replace PayPal's existing Chargeback Fee for branded transactions for disputes that are not resolved by merchants, and in proportion to a merchant's dispute rate. This will help merchants mitigate losses and also encourage merchants with high dispute rates to improve buyer experience. These merchants will be charged a higher fee compared to merchants with a standard dispute rate. So merchants with a higher dispute rate will see an increase whereas those with a standard (or lower) rate would actually see a decrease in costs."

So if I'm understanding correctly, this isn't that significant of a change, and it doesn't seem like you're going to be charged a fee simply for a PayPal dispute, remember that financial institution chargebacks are technically a "dispute," but are not the same as disputing a balance transfer to another PayPal account/user.

If anyone has more information or contradictory information to the above, feel free to correct me. PayPal probably needs to do a better job of communicating what the actual change is they're making.

Thanked by 2M66B kalimov622

bdw , anyone know some module for whmcs wich can do this :

if a customer pay with paypal increase the price with X% ?

• M66BM66B Member

@cociu said:

Maybe you don't care, but this is not allowed in the EU.

• @cociu said:

Not allowed by PayPal ToS, AFAIK.

Thanked by 1farsighter

@AC_Fan said: Not allowed by PayPal ToS, AFAIK.

fuck them , so i need to suck all the mess , hight fees , dispute fees , etc etc... unbeleve where we go in 2020

Thanked by 1lentro
  • M66BM66B Member

@cociu said:

@AC_Fan said: Not allowed by PayPal ToS, AFAIK.

fuck them , so i need to suck all the mess , hight fees , dispute fees , etc etc... unbeleve where we go in 2020

The other option is to reduce the dispute ratio ...

@M66B said: Maybe you don't care, but this is not allowed in the EU.

i dont know if this is real but if i sell a product and i have more cost comparatively with other solution/payment processor i dont see any problem to give this cost to the client , good motivation to ask my acountant.

• M66BM66B Member

@cociu said:

@M66B said: Maybe you don't care, but this is not allowed in the EU.

i dont know if this is real but if i sell a product and i have more cost comparatively with other solution/payment processor i dont see any problem to give this cost to the client , good motivation to ask my acountant.

You are the entrepreneur, so this has nothing to do with your customers.

If you have a high number of disputes, this is mainly your problem, not the customers problem. Note that there is a difference between disputes and claims. The latter you can always fight.

edited October 14

@M66B said: You are the entrepreneur, so this has nothing to do with your customers.

If you have a high number of disputes, this is mainly your problem, not the customers problem. Note that there is a difference between disputes and claims. The latter you can always fight.

tell this to some chines people unfortunately this people is opened to make disputes first without open any tickets , etc etc. I cannot complain for disputes because is a verry small procentaje but man ... is happened so way i am obligate to suck all mess ? first of all the customer who open the dispute is client of paypal and after this my client . So wtf i am obligate to cover all this risck ?

EDIT : more if we are all in EU way i am pay almost doble fees for a transaction comparatively with any country from EU ? so i dont see the low of not charge the client more very good one if we are charged too . I repeat , i dont know if such low exist (i will ask my acountant ) but if is exist is easy to attack

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • M66BM66B Member

@cociu said:

@M66B said: You are the entrepreneur, so this has nothing to do with your customers.

tell this to some chines people unfortunately this people is opened to make disputes first without open any tickets , etc etc. I cannot complain for disputes because is a verry small procentaje but man ... is happened so way i am obligate to suck all mess ? first of all the customer who open the dispute is client of paypal and after this my client . So wtf i am obligate to cover all this risck ?

Just see a dispute as ticket. Maybe you need to inform Chinese people better? Maybe you should stop serving Chinese people? Again, you are the entrepreneur!

edited October 14

@M66B said: Maybe you should stop serving Chinese people? Again, you are the entrepreneur!

you see ... finally is all about communication and understand them. So what i told before , first of all a customer when pay with paypal is paypal customer and after this my customer , way paypal is not involucrate in this to inform this x procentaje of customers how should need to be the transaction in paypal ? is not bordered because is make money. Do not forgett paypal was lost many case (court case) because was abusive. ETC ETC, the truth maybe is somewhere in the middle .

Stop to sell to a target country i see this a verry verry fucked because if i go to china for exemple i am espected to be served for my money i am sure i will not know all usual things from there so i will faill with something , this not mean china must to close the doors for EU or us citizen no ?

• PHDanPHDan Member

I mean this honestly: What in the literal fuck did you just type?

• M66BM66B Member

@PHDan said:
    I mean this honestly: What in the literal fuck did you just type?

Don't take it to serious, this is what perfume poisoning does to you.

Thanked by 1lokuzard