Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Your thoughts about new ryzen 5000
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Your thoughts about new ryzen 5000

ugurzugurz Member
edited October 10 in General

I love the new 19% IPC increase with the stability of new zen design

Comments

  • On, paper, looks good. However, since there aren't really any varying reviews yet then I'm not quite sure if I'll be getting it or just the 3xxx XT series.

    Thanked by 1ugurz
  • I like the feature which auto-blocks people from typing thread titles in all caps.

    Thanked by 2ugurz TimboJones
  • ugurzugurz Member

    @tetech said:
    I like the feature which auto-blocks people from typing thread titles in all caps.

    Edited :)

    Thanked by 2tetech t0ny0
  • lentrolentro Member, Provider

    Go team red!

    Love the new improvements - will truly make a difference & force Intel to price their CPUs competitively at last.

    FluidStack: Up to $600 Monthly For Your GPU(s) or Rent Affordable GPU Machines | VC-backed | 2,000+ Machines (aff link)
    ISODME: Web hosting | Managed VPS services | U.S. based support | High Uptime | isodme.com

  • Adam1Adam1 Member

    @ugurz said: 19% IPC increase

    I'll believe it when I see it, but even a 10% increase would be impressive.

  • jsgjsg Member
    edited October 10

    Too high TDP, at least with the currently announced models. Plus basically announced in a strongly gaming biased context. So for me it's a case of "Thanks, but thanks, no" for the time being.

    That said, I like the 4000s and they are damn good enough for me, and frankly, I don't see people having a 3000 or 4000 saying "Oh, if only I had more single core performance" - except of course gamers (who are utterly irrelevant for my and most professional use cases but) who probably are an easy clientele to milk for AMD. For me another reason to say "thanks, no, AMD".

    Btw, "funny" that hacker news is interested in e.g. "US Army trials augmented reality goggles for dogs" but seems to have missed the Ryzen 5000 news ...

    Thanks no.

  • @jsg said:
    Too high TDP, at least with the currently announced models. Plus basically announced in a strongly gaming biased context. So for me it's a case of "Thanks, but thanks, no" for the time being.

    That said, I like the 4000s and they are damn good enough for me, and frankly, I don't see people having a 3000 or 4000 saying "Oh, if only I had more single core performance" - except of course gamers (who are utterly irrelevant for my and most professional use cases but) who probably are an easy clientele to milk for AMD. For me another reason to say "thanks, no, AMD".

    Btw, "funny" that hacker news is interested in e.g. "US Army trials augmented reality goggles for dogs" but seems to have missed the Ryzen 5000 news ...

    4000 series is for laptops only.

    Thanked by 2vimalware TimboJones
  • Expensive

  • Adam1Adam1 Member

    @jsg said: I don't see people having a 3000 or 4000 saying "Oh, if only I had more single core performance"

    Well you do, thats why theres several variations of effectively the same CPU sold at 100MHz increments.

    Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • emreemre Member

    4x ryzen 5950x cores
    5.9 gb ram
    59 GB NVME
    1 ipv4
    /64 ipv6
    5.9TB/month / 10 Gbps Port
    Frankfurt/NewYork/LosAngeles/Tokyo/Singapore
    7 USD/.Month
    Subscribe now:
    Soon TM...

  • looks to be an awesome Hypervisor cpu for all the idling vps out there :D

    Thanked by 1webcraft
  • jsgjsg Member

    @TheKiller said:
    4000 series is for laptops only.

    Nope, there are already some SFF boxes announced. And up to 128 GB memory, one or even two NVMe plus two 2.5" SSD/HDD is damn good enough for the vast majority of office and most private boxes (excl. many gamers obviously). And all in a nice low power envelope.

    Thanked by 1vimalware

    Thanks no.

  • @jsg glad god has spoken and given us his opinions

    Thanked by 1ViridWeb

    Nothing profound to say, so I'm on LET.

  • jsgjsg Member

    @Unbelievable said:
    @jsg glad god has spoken and given us his opinions

    Oh, evil me! How dare I to also tell my view (after some others have done so).

    Thanks no.

  • danninovdanninov Member
    edited October 11

    @jsg said: Nope, there are already some SFF boxes announced.

    The 4000 series is the same Zen 2 arch with 3000 series desktop.
    Zen 2 Desktop: 3000 series
    Zen 2 Laptop & APU: 4000 series

    So there is no improvement, only marketing naming schemes. That's why they skip 4000 series for desktop to fix this confusing naming. All Zen 3 generation (desktop, laptop and APU) will be in the same 5000 naming.

    Thanked by 2vimalware TimboJones
  • Will be waiting for next gen Ryzen 5nm, that will (maybe) support USB4.0

    Thanked by 1t0ny0

    "They said it's RAID 5" - geekypixal

  • jsgjsg Member

    @danninov said:

    @jsg said: Nope, there are already some SFF boxes announced.

    The 4000 series is the same Zen 2 arch with 3000 series desktop.
    Zen 2 Desktop: 3000 series
    Zen 2 Laptop & APU: 4000 series

    So there is no improvement, only marketing naming schemes. That's why they skip 4000 series for desktop to fix this confusing naming. All Zen 3 generation (desktop, laptop and APU) will be in the same 5000 naming.

    I know, but exactly that is why I'm interested in Ryzen 4000 boxes. I get a 3000 plus a GPU and don't need a graphics card anymore. Or to be more precise, I get a "3000" with more than 4 cores plus a built in GPU.

    For what I do I simply don't need more than a basic GPU and a built-in one uses less el. power. But unfortunately the 3000G only have 2 or 4 cores. Now with the 4000 APU I finally get what I want and need.

    Btw, even for the kind of games I (quite rarely) play like Command and Conquer (read: old games) and even for many modern games (e.g. deserts of karak) my 3200G based box is easily powerful enough.

    Thanks no.

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @emre said:
    4x ryzen 5950x cores
    5.9 gb ram
    59 GB NVME
    1 ipv4
    /64 ipv6
    5.9TB/month / 10 Gbps Port
    Frankfurt/NewYork/LosAngeles/Tokyo/Singapore
    7 USD/.Month
    Subscribe now:
    Soon TM...

    Noted.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @seriesn said: Noted.

    This is some hostnun level pricing/plan layouts.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 117brownj
    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider
  • @emre said:
    4x ryzen 5950x cores
    5.9 gb ram
    59 GB NVME
    1 ipv4
    /64 ipv6
    5.9TB/month / 10 Gbps Port
    Frankfurt/NewYork/LosAngeles/Tokyo/Singapore
    7 USD/.Month
    Subscribe now:
    Soon TM...

    I'm triggered by this, what is wrong with adding it all up, 6gb ram, 60 gb nvme, 6 tb bandwidth, ryzen 6000x????????

  • @Ahfaiahkid said:

    @emre said:
    4x ryzen 5950x cores
    5.9 gb ram
    59 GB NVME
    1 ipv4
    /64 ipv6
    5.9TB/month / 10 Gbps Port
    Frankfurt/NewYork/LosAngeles/Tokyo/Singapore
    7 USD/.Month
    Subscribe now:
    Soon TM...

    I'm triggered by this, what is wrong with adding it all up, 6gb ram, 60 gb nvme, 6 tb bandwidth, ryzen 6000x????????

    whoosh

  • @vovler said:
    Will be waiting for next gen Ryzen 5nm, that will (maybe) support USB4.0

    For what purpose? This high end shit needs quality cables, none of this USB 2.0 junk we've been getting away with for years. Maybe the thin laptop people will care more.

  • CasualCanvasCasualCanvas Member
    edited October 11

    @TheKiller said:

    @jsg said:
    Too high TDP, at least with the currently announced models. Plus basically announced in a strongly gaming biased context. So for me it's a case of "Thanks, but thanks, no" for the time being.

    That said, I like the 4000s and they are damn good enough for me, and frankly, I don't see people having a 3000 or 4000 saying "Oh, if only I had more single core performance" - except of course gamers (who are utterly irrelevant for my and most professional use cases but) who probably are an easy clientele to milk for AMD. For me another reason to say "thanks, no, AMD".

    Btw, "funny" that hacker news is interested in e.g. "US Army trials augmented reality goggles for dogs" but seems to have missed the Ryzen 5000 news ...

    4000 series is for laptops only.

    Uhhh, nope. They have these 4000 Pro series for desktop. Was being sold in our Country for about a month or so now. It's basically the 3000 X series but with built-in Graphics.

  • @TimboJones said:

    @vovler said:
    Will be waiting for next gen Ryzen 5nm, that will (maybe) support USB4.0

    For what purpose? This high end shit needs quality cables, none of this USB 2.0 junk we've been getting away with for years. Maybe the thin laptop people will care more.

    Then you buy the high-quality cables. Yes, I'm looking forward to have a laptop with a decently powerful CPU, then have a dock for Ethernet, power, mouse/keyboard and an external GPU that connects my monitors.

    I'm aware that you can already do this with Thunderbolt, but I'd rather wait for something Ryzen based to replace my desktop.

    "They said it's RAID 5" - geekypixal

  • oplinkoplink Member, Provider

    AMD is just blowing intel out of the water these days.

Sign In or Register to comment.