Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanksgiving Sale - SSD Powered KVM VPS servers starting at $2.33/mo. for 256MB and $7/mo. for 1GB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thanksgiving Sale - SSD Powered KVM VPS servers starting at $2.33/mo. for 256MB and $7/mo. for 1GB

petempetem Member
edited November 2013 in Offers

Many of you might think that we are new to the LowEndTalk/LowEndBox community, however that is not the case. My name is Pete, and I am Marc's younger brother who started PhoenixVPS in 2011. I have been really intrigued by the idea of providing high quality - low cost VPS servers that adhere to the LET philosophy of doing the most with the least amount of resources. At the same time neither me, nor Marc like the idea of overselling/overcommitting resources, so when I started working on KVM.SH my first thought was to build the nodes with the assumption that every customer uses all the resources that he or she is paying for.

My secondary goal was to keep things as simple as possible. We managed to compress almost the entire web site in one page and we have also simplified the ordering system, billing system and the customer portal for customers. The results speak for themselves as customers can focus on their work instead of having to navigate their way through complicated menus, tabs and pages.

After working very hard to bring this new hosting service to you, I wanted to bring our new service plans to the attention of this community. Our plans start at $2.33/mo. (billed quarterly) for 256MB RAM and 10GB SSD powered storage and go all the way up to 8GB RAM and 320GB SSD powered storage for $56/mo. While this of course this last plan does not fit the $7 criteria, the reason why I am bringing it up is because we have priced our VPS packages from 1GB to 8GB in multiples of 7. Yes, the prices are very competitive, the hardware is solid and the nodes are plenty.

As a token of my appreciation, in addition to our great pricing I am also taking an additional 25% off our hosting packages starting from 1GB and up to 8GB for the next 72 hours. Just use promo code THXGIVING25 (this code applies to any billing period).

Our website is: http://kvm.sh
Our web site is very descriptive when it comes to our services and hardware so any questions that you may have should be answered there.

Now, here is our LET offer:

KVM SSD 256

CPU Cores: 1

Dedicated RAM: 256MB

Swap Enabled: Yes

SSD Storage: 10GB

Redundancy: Raid 10 + BBU

Bandwidth: 1TB

IPv4 Addresses: 1

Available IPv6: Yes (via tunnel)

Advanced Control Panel: Yes

Managed DNS Service: Yes

Server Bear Benchmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/07/17/35tly5yoQh0pIMOa

Price: $7/quarter (2.33/mo.)

Direct Order Link: https://my.kvm.sh/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

KVM SSD 512

CPU Cores: 1

Dedicated RAM: 512MB

SSD Storage: 20GB

Bandwidth: 2TB

Server Bear Benchmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/07/17/kba97p2ESMZq13dI

Price: $12/quarter ($4/mo.)

Direct Order Link: https://my.kvm.sh/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

KVM SSD 1024

CPU Cores: 2

Dedicated RAM: 1024MB

SSD Storage: 30GB

Bandwidth: 3TB

Server Bear Benchmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/07/17/k7cGblfezGMqM2ot

Price: $7/mo. - use promo code THXGIVING25 to save an additional 25% for the next 72 hours

Direct Order Link: https://my.kvm.sh/cart.php?a=add&pid=3

Locations:

Phoenix, AZ - Phoenix NAP

Buffalo, NY - Colo Crossing

Node Specs:

- Dual Intel Xeon E5 2609 @ 2.4 GHz (some nodes are dual hexa core Xeon E5 2620)

- 128GB Registered DDR3 RAM

- 6 x 2TB Western Digital RE4 in RAID 10 Configuration

- 4 x 120GB Samsung 843T Pro Enterprise Edition (or Intel 520) SSD Drives for caching

- LSI Harware RAID 10 Controller with 1GB DDR3 Cache + BBU

- Cache Cade Pro 2.0 - Hardware SSD Caching via LSI controller

- 1Gbit Internet Connection

Storage Configuration

As you can see in the node specs above, the storage is SSD cached and we are using CacheCade Pro 2.0 and LSI RAID controllers to achieve really high read and write speeds.

Thank you for checking out our offer, and please, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Comments

• Could you please post test IP and download link?

• alexvolk said: Could you please post test IP and download link?

Yes, we will in a little bit :) It is currently after 4AM here so it's time for a shift change ;)

• @petem said:

Can you do monthly plan also ? Not everyone likes quarterly payments.

• petempetem Member
    edited November 2013

alexvolk said: Can you do monthly plan also ? Not everyone likes quarterly payments.

We do monthly plans starting with the 1GB package on up. We don't do monthly plans bellow that simply because of the transaction fees. You're not left with a whole lot after 2.9% + 0.30 cents per transaction.

• Guys, it's not pure SSD, it's SSD cached. :D

Thanked by 2DalComp upfreak
  • petempetem Member
    edited November 2013

budi1413 said: Guys, it's not pure SSD, it's SSD cached. :D

Yes, it says that all over our web site :P

Node Specs:

• Dual Intel Xeon E5 2609 @ 2.4 GHz
    • 128GB Registered DDR3 RAM
    • 6 x 2TB Western Digital RE4 in RAID 10 Configuration
    • 4 x 120GB Samsung 843T Pro Enterprise Edition SSD Drives for caching
    • LSI Harware RAID 10 Controller with 1GB DDR3 Cache + BBU
    • Cache Cade Pro 2.0 - Hardware SSD Caching via LSI controller
    • 1Gbit Internet Connection
  • @petem wrote: Available IPv6: Yes

Even in Buffalo?

• @budi1413 said:
    Guys, it's not pure SSD, it's SSD cached. :D

Thanks for the notice. Had a package in my cart, almost checked out until I read your comment. This offer is so misleading.

• DalComp said: Thanks for the notice. Had a package in my cart, almost checked out until I read your comment. This offer is so misleading.

Well, i think it's too generous to give large SSD storage. Front Range Hosting also use the same term too even their vps only SSD cached.

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • @budi1413 said:
    Well, i think it's too generous to give large SSD storage. Front Range Hosting also use the same term too even their vps only SSD cached.

Yeah but FRH explicitly said "SSD Cached" on their offers, and not "SSD Storage". I admit it's my mistake for not researching thoroughly prior to order a service, maybe too excited or just too trustful to the name of @marcm. A note in my book.

• @DalComp On the front page of KVM.SH it says "SSD Caching", look at the first slide in the slider. It's put there on purpose so that no one will miss it. That being said, remember that not all SSD caching is equal, and as a consequence performance varies allot. These nodes were designed with RAID 10 SSD caching (6 x 2TB HDDs and 4x120GB SSDs for caching) + CacheCade Pro 2.0 by LSI, which is basically hardware SSD caching. The result is near-native SSD read and write speeds. This isn't DO after all where "business secrets" are invoked when asked about node/storage specs, lol. Pete was just excited and in a hurry to get the word out, however I see that he posted the node specs in a comment. He will update the listing as well so that the information is as accurate as possible. Server Bear benchmarks are listed with each package. All of that being said, if you want to ask for a refund just open a ticket :-)

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • any iso for windows?

• @kyaky - Windows licenses are hard to verify, so instead of dealing with all the complications we decided to just not support Windows at all. This may change in the future if we can offer Windows Licenses as well at a decent price.