Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel has increased its pricing again! Which control panel will you move to?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel has increased its pricing again! Which control panel will you move to?

HostXNowHostXNow Member
edited October 2020 in General

As mentioned at

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/167225/did-cpanel-price-increase-again-received-email
https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/167216/pricing-changes-to-your-cpanel-effective-jan-1-2021/p1

cPanel has increased its price again. I know of the following control panels that can be used for alternatives:

• CyberPanel
  • DirectAdmin
  • InterWorx
  • OVIPanel
  • ApisCP

Which one(s) will you switch to? Or maybe you will use a different control panel not on the list or not use a control panel at all?

Which control panel will you move to?
  1. CyberPanel103 votes
    1. DirectAdmin
      67.96%
    2. InterWorx
        1.94%
    3. OVIPanel
        0.00%
    4. ApisCP
      14.56%
    5. Other (Please specify)
      15.53%

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2020

Where is the option for 'staying with cPanel', you assume people are going to move. That aside, the only sensible option for a degree of user continuity is DA.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @HostXNow what are you going to be using as an alternative to cPanel for your shared and reseller hosting?

• @Lee said:
    Where is the option for 'staying with cPanel', you assume people are going to move. That aside, the only sensible option for a degree of user continuity is DA.

The thread is for those who ARE going to move to another control panel... which one would they move to.

If they are going to stick with cPanel, then the thread doesn't apply to them ;)

• @LeonDynamic said:
    @HostXNow what are you going to be using as an alternative to cPanel for your shared and reseller hosting?

We will not change anything for existing customers but may have to look into other control panels for new signups in the future if cPanel keeps adding too many price increases like this.

• LeeLee Veteran

Holy shit, your prices are fekkin offensive.

• HostXNowHostXNow Member
    edited October 2020

@Lee said:
    Holy shit, your prices are fekkin offensive.

Maybe to LET users.

Serious, our operating costs are fekkin expensive.

cPanel needs to be very careful with their price increases and when they decide to do them. Covid/Brexit.

• LeeLee Veteran

No, but hold on. £75 per month for a reseller that gives 1 core, 1GB Ram, 125 cPanel accounts. Surely that is not the resource for 125 accounts, but per account?

• I think the only logical option right now is DirectAdmin, the other panels (no offence) are no where near the stability nor features of DirectAdmin.

Thanked by 3HostXNow Shazan imok
  • @Lee said:
    No, but hold on. £75 per month for a reseller that gives 1 core, 1GB Ram, 125 cPanel accounts. Surely that is not the resource for 125 accounts, but per account?

Of course, per account.

It's not as expensive as you think.

There are lots of costs involved

cPanel (even more so now x2)
    Acronis
    JetBackup
    Softaculous
    LiteSpeed
    Kernelcare
    Imunify360
    MailChannels
    MagicSpam
    CloudLinux
    Backups

Sales, Billing, Technical Support, etc.
    Infrastructure costs (servers themselves)
    Accounting

and so on. Sometimes I think cPanel charge prices like they think cPanel is the only thing a hosting provider needs to run the entire business.

Anyway @Lee we don't need to discuss @HostXNow plans/price/specs in this thread. Thanks!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • LeeLee Veteran

@HostXNow said: Anyway @Lee we don't need to discuss @HostXNow plans/price/specs in this thread. Thanks!

You're not on WHT.

• I'd probly use lisence from cpanelcentral at this point. Its a shared or cracked cpanel lisence so it's cheaper.

• LeeLee Veteran

@stefeman said: I'd probly use lisence from cpanelcentral at this point. Its a shared or cracked cpanel lisence so it's cheaper.

Probably comes with extras you don't know about though.

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2020

Already moved to DA last time round.... Easy to use.... Owned license :) what more can I say.... I mean how often as a client do you login to cpanel and what do you do?

• Edit dns records
    • create domains
    • change php version
    • setup mailboxes

all easy enough in DA B)

• @Lee said:

@HostXNow said: Anyway @Lee we don't need to discuss @HostXNow plans/price/specs in this thread. Thanks!

You're not on WHT.

I was reminded of that when you said "Holy shit, your prices are fekkin offensive.".

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2020

@HostXNow said: I was reminded of that when you said "Holy shit, your prices are fekkin offensive.".

Sorry, but even for companies that I would consider to offer the most premium service and have way more significant costs than you and offer everything you list and more, they still don't start at close to £75 per month for a basic reseller.

Just shocked at your pricing for what you offer that's all. Nothing to do with being on LET. I am not a LET cheapskate when it comes to hosting costs, but I wouldn't be bent over either.

Anyway, you're right, offtopic so back on-topic.

• HostXNowHostXNow Member
    edited October 2020

@Lee said:

@HostXNow said: I was reminded of that when you said "Holy shit, your prices are fekkin offensive.".

Sorry, but even for companies that I would consider to offer the most premium service and have way more significant costs than you and offer everything you list and more, they still don't start at close to £75 per month for a basic reseller.

Just shocked at your pricing for what you offer that's all. Nothing to do with being on LET. I am not a LET cheapskate when it comes to hosting costs, but I wouldn't be bent over either.

Anyway, you're right, offtopic so back on-topic.

No need to be sorry if it's what you think, but who and what are you comparing £75 to? Which service/plan at which provider?

We've been around over 15 years and offer high-performance hosting, to name a few. It isn't just about the price/diskspace/bandwidth. We offer some of the best resource limits around https://clients.hostxnow.com/knowledgebase/128/What-are-your-CloudLinux-limits-set-to-for-your-Shared-Hosting-Cloud-Hosting-Shared-Reseller-Hosting-and-Cloud-Reseller-Hosting-plans.html

And including all the vendors I mentioned isn't cheap, but we want to provide the best.

Sure, you can find other providers who offer a lower price, but they usually have abysmal support, overloaded servers and disappear after a few months or years.

Our SSD Cloud Reseller Hosting is priced at a lower £35/month due to the resources not being as high.

It depends on what you need.

Also, don't think all customers are paying what is advertised on the website because that pricing has not been there since we started. We increased the pricing now and again for new signups when our suppliers increase their own prices. Also, don't forget those prices are without discounts/promotions, which would reduce the pricing more.

We also set up another brand StableWebs.com which has more budget pricing compared to HostXNow, for those who don't require as much diskspace and lots of cPanel accounts.

Between the two brands, there should be something for everyone no matter the budget, even more so when discounts and promotions are used.

Granted our NVMe Shared Reseller Hosting plans are some of the expensive ones but for everything that is included the price is justified, especially with the price increase from cPanel last year and again this month.

• Not moving, because been always with DA.

Thanked by 1HostXNow
  • @jahrinc said:
    Not moving, because been always with DA.

Sounds good to me.

• There is no button to vote for CyberPanel :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

/bin/bash is my control panel.

Thanked by 3default Trav Chocoweb
  • nemnem Member, Host Rep

I voted for myself. Did that adulterate the results?

• Plesk...

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • @nem said:
    I voted for myself. Did that adulterate the results?

Since you didn't switch from cpanel, you just ruined the whole thing with your fraudulent vote.

Thanked by 1nem
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Virtualmin. Look at how beautiful it is. Plus, it's FOSS!

Thanked by 2Xsltel vimalware
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

@lentro said:
    Virtualmin. Look at how beautiful it is. Plus, it's FOSS!

One of the best free panels.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2020

@halidx said: i use a shared license from ******* for 6.5$/m and worked for me from a long time

keep taking daily backups, because one day your VPS/Dedicated server will get hacked for sure.

• @halidx when did you start working for servers.web.tr? How much they pay you to post?

• Do you work for them? Yes or No? I think you do

• @Synatiq said:
    Plesk...

Plesk is increasing prices in Jan 2021.

• We provide ispmanager and virtualmin for our clients for the managed vps.
    I think most of the panels like directadmin/cpanel/plesk targets the shared hosting market. Since we only provide VPS then we try to offer our clients the cheapest possible panels. We dont offer directadmin because their cheapest have limits in user and domain and price is per 1 yr. So looks like its really for shared hosting market.
    ApisCP looks good but haven't tried yet, but its pricing model is also for shared hosting market.