Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HYPERVMART SCAM ! BEWARE!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HYPERVMART SCAM ! BEWARE!

last June, i used hypervmart.com for purchase of 50 vps machines
had nothing but troubles which i wont waste your time with
but what is more important is that Mr Hussain which i believe is the manager there, carrying this phone number- +971 54 442 6655, he setup my 50 vps and for reasons that im sure no one could explain , he set the default machine password as 123123
notice the screenshots from our chat as proof.

https://prnt.sc/ur7zhv
https://prnt.sc/ur7zt9
https://prnt.sc/ur80ez
https://prnt.sc/ur80qf

the VPS got hacked in less than a day, i raised the issue to him immediately, he apologized for using stupid passwords like that but that, along with some more hassle with those VPS, has resulted me in asking to terminate the servers and be refunded

https://prnt.sc/ur82kq

he did refund me that day but appearently he never terminated the services, so i was getting charged more and more with the existing paypal subscription, for 3 more months after that
july,august and september
i only noticed it yesterday, the guy basically ignored my messages, only after a while he replied with this message
https://prnt.sc/ur847p

as you can see, he is not even referring to the extra charges, which to me showing it was done intentionally.
kept on to blame me for abuse claims that reported by heymman.com, i could see the screenshot that came from a person named Francis that works with heymman.com.
those spams that mentioned there was not caused by me! , all those servers that were hacked were probably used for malicious intent, i am using hundreds of VPS servers daily from multiple suppliers out there, never got a complaint of sorts, they would all recommend me as a client, and for the longest time i used hypervmart for VPS as well, about a year ago, never got a complaint from him as well.
so not only he is accusing me of what happened after he knew those servers were hacked, apologized for the mistake that caused it, he then proceeds to keep charging my paypal account for services that were done with and to top it all off, ignore my messages when i bring forward this matter instead of just refunding me and get done with it.

Comments

• Mmm... drama. Yummy

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • 50 .. awesome!

And the company’s name sounds like a chain of retail store.

Thanked by 2JasonM kkrajk
  • @serv_ee said:
    Mmm... drama. Yummy

sameful if i ask me , destroying their own rep for some $$$

• @doronazul said: he then proceeds to keep charging my paypal account for services that were done with

Did he keep charging you or were you just really nice and kept sending him money?

so i was getting charged more and more with the existing paypal subscription

• @skorous said:

@doronazul said: he then proceeds to keep charging my paypal account for services that were done with

Did he keep charging you or were you just really nice and kept sending him money?

so i was getting charged more and more with the existing paypal subscription

paypal subscription is automatically charged
    i worked with countless companies for hostings , monitors etc , when they terminate the services on their end the subscription gets updated, either lower amount to match the number of services you pay for , or it goes to 0 but the sub remains active which then no harm.

the sad part is they dont even do the right thing and refund, look at the chats and his response, making lie based excuses to pocket that money ?

• SH_DreamSH_Dream Member, Host Rep
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

The WhatsApp chats - you had your signals then & there that how it'd have ended.

• @BlaZe said:
    The WhatsApp chats - you had your signals then & there that how it'd have ended.

what do u mean ?
    what signals ?
    when i had the issues with the hacked vps i ended up asking to terminate all and refunded, which initially he did
    my only mistake here is not killing the subscription on paypal from my end, that does not mean this gives them a right to pocket that money.

• Imagine ordering 50 servers thru WhatsApp.

• @Tempest said:
    Imagine ordering 50 servers thru WhatsApp.

through whatsapp ? of course not, was only chatting with him for support

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Basically, you deserve what you've gotten.

Plenty of signs of troubles and you still went for it.

Folks, this is what PMS does to people.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • edited October 2020

I don't understand. Why did you order that many VPS'es from an obscure site like that? When there are cheaper options available.

Did you abuse the IPs like the provider said? Seems like he showed proof to you.

Go with a bigger provider next time.

• @deank said:
    Basically, you deserve what you've gotten.

Plenty of signs of troubles and you still went for it.

Folks, this is what PMS does to people.

Troll it is...
    youre entitled to your opinion, im just sharing what happened, if i was naive thinking others would be honest then guilty as charged

Indeed, you are guilty as charged as you state.

• @FridayNightGamer said:
    I don't understand. Why did you order that many VPS'es from an obscure site like that? When there are cheaper options available.

Did you abuse the IPs like the provider said? Seems like he showed proof to you.

Go with a bigger provider next time.

maybe have a second read m8.
    didnt abuse anything, the screenshot he showed was a complaint for abuse from his DC, but look at the other screenshots, while he was doing the initial setups for the VPS ,he used 123123 as passwords! which made them easily hackable, i raised the issue right away to him and he apologized for it, just kept charging anyway

• @deank said:
    Indeed, you are guilty as charged as you state.

im fine with that, its a lesson for me and a warning for others.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited October 2020

So couple of things and a tldr;

• HyperVmart should have refunded you for the non-active service subscription. That's the only bit where they might not have done the right thing (as of yet).
    • You should have canceled your paypal subscription. You have that option.
    • You should have changed the default password, right after getting your service delivered. It doesn't matter who set it up, unless the plan was "Fully managed", that is 100% your responsibility.

Control what is controllable man. But anyone who also responds to support chats with "u" instead of "you", idk man, I would have doubted their professionalism from day 1.

What warning? You did pretty much everything in your abilities to screw yourself.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @seriesn said:

• HyperVmart should have refunded you for the non-active service subscription. That's the only bit where they might not have done the right thing (as of yet).

• you should have changed the default password, right after getting your service delivered. It doesn't matter who set it up, unless the plan was "Fully managed", that is 100% your responsibility.

REALLY NOT SURE WHY YOU GUYS ASSUME THE WORSE
    of course i did that asap, i got the list of ips and credentials from him, it was a matter of hours till my team started going through them one by one and noticed they were already hacked as shown in the screenshots
    at that point we started doing a resintall OS for them one by one in an attempt to clear out the hackers, more technical issues then arrised and at that point i gave up on it.

• @deank said:
    What warning? You did pretty much everything in your abilities to screw yourself.

dont you have some more sites to troll on ?
    get lost boy

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @doronazul said:

@seriesn said:

• you should have changed the default password, right after getting your service delivered. It doesn't matter who set it up, unless the plan was "Fully managed", that is 100% your responsibility.

I didn't man. You wrote the part where you got hacked because the provider used simple password for setup (which honestly idfk why he/she did). But the ultimate responsibility still falls on.

You would have been a happy user, he/she would have made some money, all by simply changing the default password :).

My 2 cents.

• @seriesn said:

@doronazul said:

@seriesn said:

I didn't man. You wrote the part where you got hacked because the provider used simple password for setup (which honestly idfk why he/she did). But the ultimate responsibility still falls on.

You would have been a happy user, he/she would have made some money, all by simply changing the default password :).

My 2 cents.

i totally agree about that
    i was pulling my hair that day when i saw that happening
    i work with a lot of other providers, never in my life seen anyone using 123123 as a password

i agree it would be my problem once i got them assigned to me but it didnt go that far, i terminated the whole thing the same day in a matter of hours.

• @seriesn said:

@doronazul said:

@seriesn said:

My 2 cents.

whats for sure is, shit happens, people make mistake, i m not complaining about that, the ugly part here is pocketing those extra charges when i brought forward the issue, NOTHING gives him the right to take those funds.

@doronazul said:
    what do u mean ?
    what signals ?
    when i had the issues with the hacked vps i ended up asking to terminate all and refunded, which initially he did
    my only mistake here is not killing the subscription on paypal from my end, that does not mean this gives them a right to pocket that money.

Using a simple password to setup VPS? Can't say anything more about it.

The subscription part, usually the client cancels it by themselves albeit they pocketing your money isn't right either. Some providers cancel the subscriptions as soon they terminate your account, that's just an ethical point from their part.

Now, if the 180 days haven't already passed, you're free to raise a dispute. Do call up Paypal after receiving a response from HyperVMart in the dispute.

• @BlaZe said:

@doronazul said:
    what do u mean ?
    what signals ?

Using a simple password to setup VPS? Can't say anything more about it.

The subscription part, usually the client cancels it by themselves albeit they pocketing your money isn't right either. Some providers cancel the subscriptions as soon they terminate your account, that's just an ethical point from their part.

Now, if the 180 days haven't already passed, you're free to raise a dispute. Do call up Paypal after receiving a response from HyperVMart in the dispute.

yeah, thats the only measure left to take, i would prefer to just get it resolved with them but they ignore messages or simply answer BS message like i showed in the SS here.
    thanks

@doronazul said:
    yeah, thats the only measure left to take, i would prefer to just get it resolved with them but they ignore messages or simply answer BS message like i showed in the SS here.
    thanks

Or you can just politely ask them to deduct the fees and send you back the remaining amount (if possible as Family&Friends). Perhaps they might resolve it in this way.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2020

@doronazul said: what do u mean ?
    @seriesn said: But anyone who also responds to support chats with "u" instead of "you", idk man, I would have doubted their professionalism from day 1.
    @deank said: Basically, you deserve what you've gotten.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @BlaZe said:

@doronazul said:
    thanks

Or you can just politely ask them to deduct the fees and send you back the remaining amount (if possible as Family&Friends). Perhaps they might resolve it in this way.

i would if there were any form of conversation, kind of hard to do that when all the messages getting screened

• @seriesn said:

@doronazul said:

@seriesn said:

My 2 cents.

You can't really race against a bot. When a vps installed with ssh port 22 public with username root password 123123. It will be hacked within a second.

OP could have reinstall the vps. But he didn't. Because maybe only the provider that can reinstall the vps.

OP is part to blame for sending bad guy a money (accident or not) . But the provider is to blame for using stupid password, and keeping the money.

Thanked by 2yoursunny seriesn
  • blaming someone else for forgetting to cancel paypal subscription for 50 vps from an unknown provider