Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Helping UK citizens to keep their .eu domain alive.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Helping UK citizens to keep their .eu domain alive.

Dear .eu owners from UK! I'd like to offer my help to keep your .eu domain alive if:
(a) you are an individual and have a .eu domain name;
(b) you won't be eligible to keep the .eu domain, but for some reason you wish to keep the domain alive for as long as possible (you are willing renew it for 10 years);
(c) you have no friends in the remaining EU who would help you with the subject therefore as a last resort you are willing to transfer the ownership to a stranger on the internet.

Disclaimer: I am not a provider. I just offer my help because I can. Feel free to sent a pm if you need it.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

If you’re offering to help, feel free to share details on how you’ll be helping.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2020

Trustee services are offered for situations like this and are provided by many registrars.

Thanked by 1SH_Dream
  • soalnusoalnu Member
    edited September 2020

By letting you transfer the domain ownership to me, a citizen of a EU member state. Nothing else.
    There are registrars who offer this as a service, but they mostly do it for a hefty price.

@soalnu said:
    By letting you transfer the domain ownership to me

And we trust you because?

Thanked by 3armandorg tjn Pwner
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@soalnu said:
    By letting you transfer the domain ownership to me, a citizen of a EU member state. Nothing else.
    There are registrars who offer this as a service, but they mostly do it for a hefty price.

Nobody knows you well enough and you are pretty new to this forum and yet providing your ‘mother teresa’ help.

• Read (c). I made the thread to signal that I am here to help if you are really in need.
    Take it as an initiative. Other members with more refined identity on this forum are welcome to join.

Those .eu owners whom this thread is for still have 3 months to find someone else to be their trustee.

• Today's episode on /r/whatcouldgowrong.

• I'm making my popcorn in preparation for the next thread.

• As a last resort you are willing to transfer the ownership to a stranger on the internet.

• EU citizens residing in the UK will be able to keep their .eu domains. It's (non-EU) UK citizens that won't be able to.

Frankly, and sorry if this sounds harsh, (non-EU) UK citizens should simply learn to live without .eu domains. It's one of the many advantages of Brexit that they won't be able to have .eu domains. They should embrace this advantage.

• @angstrom said:
    EU citizens residing in the UK will be able to keep their .eu domains. It's (non-EU) UK citizens that won't be able to.

Frankly, and sorry if this sounds harsh, (non-EU) UK citizens should simply learn to live without .eu domains. It's one of the many advantages of Brexit that they won't be able to have .eu domains. They should embrace this advantage.

How is not able to do something is an advantage?

• Don't do this, they voted to leave so they have to leave.

• On the other hand... What is stopping a company (eu registered) to offer such services.? i.e. The Owner on registrar record is the company but the company in actuality is a trustee for such domains by agreement for a service fee

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited September 2020

@kkrajk said:
    On the other hand... What is stopping a company (eu registered) to offer such services.? i.e. The Owner on registrar record is the company but the company in actuality is a trustee for such domains by agreement for a service fee

@Nyr said:
    Trustee services are offered for situations like this and are provided by many registrars.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @yokowasis said:

@angstrom said:
    EU citizens residing in the UK will be able to keep their .eu domains. It's (non-EU) UK citizens that won't be able to.

You may need to adjust your irony meter a little. :)

Anyway, losing .eu domains is a (happy?) consequence of Brexit -- it should be embraced.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

.eu domain can die for all I care.

• @yokowasis said:

@angstrom said:

eu's got no consonants. uk's got atleast one

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • @soalnu how much is your benevolent "help". Are you a company? do you have a contract you are wiling to sign? Or do you expect someone to say- here is a domain and some cash, you are a good guy Im sure, though noone has ever done business with you. Im sure when the domain generates lots of traffic- you won't hold it hostage. I'm guessing you are banking on people asking for help year one, then losing interest

This discussion has been closed.