Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost 225GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 5GB RAM, 2 IPs = $5/m MID-NOVEMBER SALE!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost 225GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 5GB RAM, 2 IPs = $5/m MID-NOVEMBER SALE!!

You're just in time for GreenValueHost's Mid-November Special, a super early sale in celebration of both Thanksgiving and Black Friday!

For a limited time only, we are offering the following plan for just $5.00 per month (Paid monthly)

• 225GB SSD Cached/Accelerated RAID-10 Disk Space
  • Unmetered Bandwidth (300mbps Port)
  • 4096MB Guaranteed RAM
  • 5120MB Burstable RAM
  • 2 IPv4 Addresses (Additional IPs are available for cheap in bulk w/ justification, just ask!)

Location: Choice of Buffalo, New York USA or Dallas, Texas USA

VPS Features:

• OpenVZ Virtualization
  • SolusVM VPS Control Panel
  • Free Setup
  • Basic Management (Support for network and hardware issues)

Ready to order? Here's the order link: https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=180

Questions? Please feel free to contact us by replying to this thread or by submitting a ticket to our sales department.

Comments

• can I have ip test?

• @Ruriko - Sure thing, please submit a ticket for this.

• 225GB SSD Cached?
    Typing error?

• @fraghostsolutions said:
    225GB SSD Cached?
    Typing error?

Don't think so, order page shows the same 225GB it's openvz for sure.

• wait wait wait, was the early november deal unmetered? if not i need in!....

• @fraghostsolutions - No, this is not a typing error.

@ultimatehostings - Yes it's OpenVZ. It's posted clearly on the thread.

@iLLagHee - The bandwidth allocation for our early November sale and our mid-november sale is the same. The difference is that there's 25GB extra HDD and 1 extra IP.

• can be a prefect backup vps.

• how about node spec ?

• @GreenValueHost Filling up your left server resources?

• upgrade can be available for your old cuostomers ?

• JFYI

In your WHMCS integration in the Footer area:-

Network & Datacenters point is overlapping Community Forums in the company Category.

And Cloud Reseller Hosting in the Services Category.

Get it fixed. The same in your front end website is working fine.

• Weren't you trying to sell off this company last week due to bad decisions made on overselling resources versus price charged?

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

I had one vps with them but I/O was very poor . So i took the refund. Benchmark score http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/09/19/aZkCexA7ojAqwX4W

• @Damian said:
    Weren't you trying to sell off this company last week due to bad decisions made on overselling resources versus price charged?

I think that was the shared hosting side which was sold to HVH this morning.

• Are you serious? Super Oversell!

• ^The above benchmark has disk IO measured as low as kbps - next.

• redoredo Member
    edited November 2013

@GreenValueHost Are you out of stock in Dallas?

• LeeLee Veteran

It just goes to show that the most unrealistic offers at the most unrealistic prices attract a lot of customers with the most unrealistic expectations.

• For clarification, srv1 and srv2 were not our only shared hosting servers. We're nowhere close to being that small. srv1 and srv2 were our NON CLOUD hosting servers that hosted our non cloud legacy shared & reseller hosting plans. Those servers were moved to HVH in order for us to focus more on our cloud infrastructure.

• GreenValueHost said: For clarification, srv1 and srv2 were not our only shared hosting servers. We're nowhere close to being that small. srv1 and srv2 were our NON CLOUD hosting servers that hosted our non cloud legacy shared & reseller hosting plans. Those servers were moved to HVH in order for us to focus more on our cloud infrastructure.

Because just transferring those customers to your 'cloud' hosting would be way out of line.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @HC_Ro - Transferring them all to our cloud infrastructure actually would be "way out of line" as you described it, which is why it wasn't an option for us.

• Any reason you are still sending invoices to customers for srv1 & srv2 when they aren't your customers anymore?

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited November 2013

@Kadar - We're still working on setting all srv1 and srv2 services to "Cancelled", however we cancel invoices for srv1 and srv2 as we see them.

Also, one of your services is on SRV3 which is one of our cloud servers, if you're referring to the invoice that's currently outstanding on your account, that one is for your service on SRV3 which you'll still have with us until you decide to cancel.

• can you share hardware info for this offer

• any benchmark results..?

• Can you do 32M or 64M with low disk and low BW?

• @jcaleb - We utilize Xeon E3-1240v3 Quad Core w/ HT CPUs for our nodes as we're able to receive large discounts on this node. We only place a certain amount of virtual servers per node and we make sure that our nodes are never overloaded, and our plans are spread out across multiple nodes to ensure maximum performance.

@Edo - Unfortunately, the plan is how it is and cannot be modified. Resources cannot be added or removed, with the exception of IP addresses which may be added to the VPS as needed (with justification) @ $2/m per additional IP.

@Scree - Please submit a ticket to our sales department with what you need and we'll always be more than happy to be of assistance :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Damn CC's Dallas network isn't bad. Go ahead and take a screenshot @jbiloh :P haha

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  2700.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 5120 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   11:32,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 102MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 33.8MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 101MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.80MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 9.97MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.09MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 24.3MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 28.5MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 34.5MB/s 
    I/O speed :  117 MB/s
  • @GreenValueHost can this be used as a software mirror? Your ToS say no bit torrent/file sharing but what about using it as a download mirror for a software project?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jarland said:
    Damn CC's Dallas network isn't bad. Go ahead and take a screenshot jbiloh :P haha

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    > Number of cores : 2
    > CPU frequency :  2700.000 MHz
    > Total amount of ram : 5120 MB
    > Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    > System uptime :   11:32,       
    > Download speed from CacheFly: 102MB/s 
    > Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 33.8MB/s 
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 101MB/s 
    > Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.80MB/s 
    > Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 
    > Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 9.97MB/s