Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NewsHosting is not working on Hetzner (DNS Issues)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NewsHosting is not working on Hetzner (DNS Issues)

Hello! Since this noon, NewsHosting or anyone on the NewsHosting Backend aren't working on Hetzner's Servers.

I have talked to both the parties and tried to make a way to fix this issue.

But, Hetzner is not ready to fix it.

According to NewsHosting: There is no issue from their side.

According to Hetzner: NewsHosting is using too much/many cnames.

NewsHosting is working fine for people on LeaseWeb and at home (as mine). But, only common cause is Hetzner.

Hetzner's Reply:

NewsHosting's Reply:

P.S.: I am not alone, a lot of people on Hetzner are facing the same issue started at the same time.

NewsHosting isn't resolving on Hetzner's DNS.

cc: @Hetzner_OL

Comments

• nobody forces you to use hetzner dns (or hetzner at all) ... so maybe just change that?

Thanked by 1techboy
  • Thanks for the reply @Falzo.

1. What kind of performance hit I can expect after changing the DNS? I'm not much aware of that part on the server-side.
    2. Is there any way to change it easily? I did google search but some says something, other says something else.

Thanks.

• usually you won't see a real performance hit just because you don't use the inhouse dns. while latency to another dns server can be a bit bigger, stuff like that gets cached for a reason even locally ;-)

how to change the dns servers depends on your OS and is usually done by either editing a conf file like /etc/resolv.conf in linux or simply set in the network settings if you are on windows etc.

• Just nslookup with different dns, 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 and problem resolves. Shouldn't be any difference using cf or goog dns