Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Speedtest Benchmark Script & NetCup review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Speedtest Benchmark Script & NetCup review

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

I was looking for a script just for Speedtest purpose. I found https://bench.monster/ but whatever argument I use there, it runs a GeekBench Test which I don't need.

And, along with it, anyone using NetCup Root Servers ?? How's their Disk I/O & Network Speed ?? I have see they advertise 2.5 Gbps Network Card, does it work in real ?

Thanks.

Comments

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

yabs.sh has options to disable features you don't need and is probably easier/nicer formatted then running Iperf3 yourself.

For example, the following line will execute just the Iperf3 network performance test:

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -dg

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Hello,

I was looking for a script just for Speedtest purpose. I found https://bench.monster/ but whatever argument I use there, it runs a GeekBench Test which I don't need.

And, along with it, anyone using NetCup Root Servers ?? How's their Disk I/O & Network Speed ?? I have see they advertise 2.5 Gbps Network Card, does it work in real ?

Thanks.

Dirty cut up version of bench.monster only for bandwidth test :

curl -sL files.servedez.com/bench.sh | bash -s

You can use all the locations flags.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: anyone using NetCup Root Servers ?? How's their Disk I/O & Network Speed

I've been using Netcup VPSs (Root servers and regular vServers/VPS) and they both perform as advertised. Disk and network is usually excellent and if there's anything to complain about (for me) it is the CPU performance (they aren't the fastest on the block!). Root servers have dedicated vCores (without nested virtualization and some other CPU flags) and they are very consistent performance wise (though not the fastest clock speed wise like the newer Ryzens). I don't have their latest G9 version (AMD + 2.5Gbit) but it is solid reliable consistent performance at very good pricing.

I really have nothing but positive things to say about my Netcup experience (though I'm in the process of consolidating some of my VPSs with them onto a dedi as it is more cost effective esp. with virtualization options).

The main caveat with them is their very strict non-negotiable cancellation policy that you are well advised to be aware of before signing up (esp. on the longer term contracts which provide a good discount as well).

In case you are interested, I had a post on some VPSs that I'm letting go soon.
    Please see: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/167104/vpss-in-germany-for-transfer

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Yabs; @MasonR is using our 10G Speedtest servers there so you have a chance to V-Max your VM ;-)

• if you're fine with just incoming speeds this is old but gold: https://github.com/K4Y5/ServerBench

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Hello,

Thanks.

Is it modified by you ?? Giving error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

## Global Speedtest

Location                       Upload           Download         Ping
    bash: line 690: print_end_time: command not found
     Share results:
     -
     -
     - https://clbin.com/p80jm

• My Netcup root server maxes out the 2.5gb on both usenet and torrents, without issue.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL

@alwyzon said:
    yabs.sh has options to disable features you don't need and is probably easier/nicer formatted then running Iperf3 yourself.

For example, the following line will execute just the Iperf3 network performance test:

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -dg

I get busy all the time. Is there any extra configuration for it ??

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy
    Wifx            | Zurich, CH (10G)          | busy            | busy
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | busy
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy

@king8654 said:
    My Netcup root server maxes out the 2.5gb on both usenet and torrents, without issue.

Can you please give me a disk speed overview ?? Any dd test result ?

@nullnothere said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: anyone using NetCup Root Servers ?? How's their Disk I/O & Network Speed

I've been using Netcup VPSs (Root servers and regular vServers/VPS) and they both perform as advertised. Disk and network is usually excellent and if there's anything to complain about (for me) it is the CPU performance (they aren't the fastest on the block!). Root servers have dedicated vCores (without nested virtualization and some other CPU flags) and they are very consistent performance wise (though not the fastest clock speed wise like the newer Ryzens). I don't have their latest G9 version (AMD + 2.5Gbit) but it is solid reliable consistent performance at very good pricing.

I really have nothing but positive things to say about my Netcup experience (though I'm in the process of consolidating some of my VPSs with them onto a dedi as it is more cost effective esp. with virtualization options).

The main caveat with them is their very strict non-negotiable cancellation policy that you are well advised to be aware of before signing up (esp. on the longer term contracts which provide a good discount as well).

In case you are interested, I had a post on some VPSs that I'm letting go soon.
    Please see: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/167104/vpss-in-germany-for-transfer

What is the problem with their cancellation policy ?

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited September 2020

Location Upload Download Ping
    USA, New York (Sprint) 217.63 Mbit/s 224.81 Mbit/s 89.832 ms
    USA, Chicago (Windstream) 193.13 Mbit/s 505.71 Mbit/s 100.119 ms
    USA, Dallas (Frontier) 155.69 Mbit/s 325.07 Mbit/s 128.896 ms
    USA, Miami (Frontier) 173.48 Mbit/s 369.90 Mbit/s 115.849 ms
    USA, Los Angeles (Spectrum) 128.49 Mbit/s 208.45 Mbit/s 148.688 ms
    UK, London (toob Ltd) 183.72 Mbit/s 1343.96 Mbit/s 15.410 ms
    France, Lyon (SFR) 798.74 Mbit/s 1703.50 Mbit/s 19.070 ms
    Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET) 1027.87 Mbit/s 1625.36 Mbit/s 14.369 ms
    Spain, Madrid (MasMovil) 568.04 Mbit/s 1149.24 Mbit/s 28.006 ms
    Italy, Rome (Unidata) 455.29 Mbit/s 648.55 Mbit/s 40.865 ms
    Russia, Moscow (MTS) 466.48 Mbit/s 1125.25 Mbit/s 38.550 ms
    Israel, Haifa (013Netvision) 265.00 Mbit/s 540.34 Mbit/s ping error!

Rclone/crop is running in the background so using 50-70MBs. For full output

https://clbin.com/3ypWJ

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: What is the problem with their cancellation policy ?

They typically need 30/31 days advance notice for cancellation on their contracts. So you can't just cancel a day before your invoice is due.

If you have a monthly contract, you effectively end up cancelling a month in advance - so for e.g.. your renewal is on the 15th, you have to give notice on the previous month before 14th to cancel. So you have a VPS, and you don't want it after Nov 15th - you have to cancel before Oct 14th.

Not something very typical or how things work at most places.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@seriesn said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Hello,

Thanks.

## Global Speedtest

Share results:
     -
     -

Just ran exact script as copied without issue with results above

• @nullnothere said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: What is the problem with their cancellation policy ?

They typically need 30/31 days advance notice for cancellation on their contracts. So you can't just cancel a day before your invoice is due.

If you have a monthly contract, you effectively end up cancelling a month in advance - so for e.g.. your renewal is on the 15th, you have to give notice on the previous month before 14th to cancel. So you have a VPS, and you don't want it after Nov 15th - you have to cancel before Oct 14th.

Not something very typical or how things work at most places.

Very typical for German hosts, no issue here, very clearly stated in their tos

Thanked by 1nullnothere

@king8654 said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@seriesn said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Hello,

Thanks.

## Global Speedtest

Share results:
     -
     -

Just ran exact script as copied without issue with results above

I copied the exact script but again same error. Probably, my vm issue but that shouldn't be the case, I don't know what's the issue.

• Try downloading the file and runing the script as it is.

I simply did a trim down of the main script to quickly bench multiple locations.

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2020

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I get busy all the time. Is there any extra configuration for it ??

No, that's just it. One or two busy endpoints aren't unusual, but all busy seems rather unlikely.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Firewall?

@seriesn said:
    Try downloading the file and runing the script as it is.

I simply did a trim down of the main script to quickly bench multiple locations.

Tried but it shows the same error :3

@Clouvider said:
    Firewall?

Yes, it seems so. After disabling csf, it showed some result except clouvider though :P

• Can anyone please post the GHZ speed of the CPU core used by their Root Server RS G9? Thanks!

• netcup good? their specs and pricing is very tempting. Anyone have servers on them? Share some experience md reviews

• Does anyone know how to get tax-free in netcup?Although their products look cheap, VAT is bad :(

• @team_traitor said:
    netcup good? their specs and pricing is very tempting. Anyone have servers on them? Share some experience md reviews

Read this if you have never heard much about netcup/german providers before:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/163650/a-headsup-about-german-provider-policies/p1

Thanked by 2zormal team_traitor
  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: I was looking for a script just for Speedtest purpose. I found https://bench.monster/ but whatever argument I use there, it runs a GeekBench Test which I don't need.

curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -speed