Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudCone - SPCS20 OFFERS 🔥 | Powerful & Fast RAID 10 SSD Servers starting at $12.95 per year!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudCone - SPCS20 OFFERS 🔥 | Powerful & Fast RAID 10 SSD Servers starting at $12.95 per year!

CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Hi LET'ers,

A small intro about the company, CloudCone, LLC is a Cloud Hosting Services Provider that provides Fully Managed hourly billed cloud virtual private servers, AnyCast DNS, and high-performance bare metal dedicated servers as our primary services. We offer an unmatched stack of cloud services that collaborate to provide a scalable infrastructure for your online presence

Together with an international team of in-house Support and DevOps Engineers, we provide 24/7 Live Priority Support for all our clients. The following offers are launch specials that are available until stocks last. As always, we listen to all of the feedback provided and continuously attempt to improve our services to match our overall customer demands better.

We maintain an in-house built control and billing platform for end users with a user-friendly UI which includes some robust features.

Today's offers are:

SPCS20-1

1 vCPU Core
2 GB RAM
40 GB RAID 10 SSD
1 x IPv4 and 3 x IPv6
3 TB Bandwidth
Free AnyCast DNS
$15.00/YR

Order RAID 10 SSD: https://app.cloudcone.com/compute/1171/create

SPCS20-2

1 vCPU Core
1 GB RAM
20 GB RAID 10 SSD
1 x IPv4 and 3 x IPv6
2 TB Bandwidth
Free AnyCast DNS
$12.95/YR

Order RAID 10 SSD: https://app.cloudcone.com/compute/1172/create

NOTE: Add funds to match the relevant plan before deploying

How to order

Addons

• cPanel License: $12.50 per month
  • 1 Tb/s Dedicated Anti-DDoS IP: $2.50 per month
  • Additional IPv4: $1.00 per month
  • IP Changes: $2 Once off

Cloud Support & Care

A support team of experts, qualified and enthusiastic enough to take on any task are available 24/7. Our Cloud Associates and Cloud Engineers will work one-on-one with you to make sure all your concerns are addressed and they will not rest until your projects are online and running smoothly.

Terms and Conditions

Freebies

CloudCone Mobile App

Want to experience the true accessibility and convenience of our brand? Make use of our Mobile App’s Instant Support feature to quickly contact our support team anytime, anywhere. You can also access a detailed dashboard with your server’s overview, active tasks and billing related activities. It also includes three key functionalities to ‘boot’, ‘reboot’ and ‘shutdown’. Download through the Google Play Store and Apple App store for free!

Social Media

CloudCone Network Spec

Node Spec

2 x Intel Xeon E5 CPUs
RAID 10 Drives
10 Gbit NIC Cards
Connected via Cisco Nexus 10G switches (FEX) on owned hardware/racks
For any questions feel free to reply on this thread and I'll be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks,
CloudCone LLC
Since 2012

Thanked by 2kaz050457 default

Comments

• Your prices are way too cheap. They scare me off.

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas
  • newbie only?

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

@zhsso said:
    newbie only?

Yes, just checked the backend, it's set for new customers only.

@Kiwi83 said:
    Your prices are way too cheap. They scare me off.

These plans are very much limited in stock, i think you should grab one :wink:

• only 3 ipv6 ?

• Crazy Price :o

• Are these OpenVPN or KVM?

@CasualCanvas said:
    Are these OpenVPN or KVM?

They are KVM

@dragonfsky said:
    Crazy Price :o

Thanks!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Kiwi83 said:

Well, the last guy who purchased that cheap at CloudClone, told me about how oversold the nodes are, for him it was quite an experience.

I mean you can be lucky yea, but sometimes you pick up piss, I was tempted but then I remembered the story he told on IRC.

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas
  • hi, @Cloudcone I have a question. I was reading through your TOS and Policies and I have some activities that may or may not depend on usage violate one of your terms.

I would like to take one of your yearly promos but do you allow downloading copyrighted material for my sole personal purpose only? It is not for online distribution but for my personal usage only.

What I am trying to do is spin some remote desktop to download some videos online (copyrighted, of course, mostly anime) and download those files on my local pc. Do you allow that? I am not distributing those online.

My internet connection here locally sucks and slow, so I want to have some remote desktop (VPS) with good speed to download some anime for me and download it locally for me. The reason for double download is that my ISP throttles my speed when I watch too many videos. I think they track those websites.

Do you allow those? Another thing is storage for personal photos since you have nice space storage than the other.

@Neoon said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Well, the last guy who purchased that cheap at CloudClone, told me about how oversold the nodes are, for him it was quite an experience.

I mean you can be lucky yea, but sometimes you pick up piss, I was tempted but then I remembered the story he told on IRC.

I'm sorry your friend had this experience. Here's what happens behind the scenes; when you place an order, OnApp randomly places your VM on a KVM hypervisor.

Now say after 3 days X new customers got placed on the same Hypervisor, then the HV CPU becomes oversold right?

One of our team members daily chores is to make these crowded nodes less crowded.

How we make it less crowded? We live migrate the KVM onto a different HV to balance out the nodes physical availability so customers could get their fair share.

Also, we explicitly offer customers to request their KVM to be moved to a less crowded hypervisor over a ticket (if they are having issues that is)

All this is done with zero downtime (our HVs are on a 10Gbit internal network as well)

Also, I'm not sure if your friend was on our HDD offers or SSD offers (these are SSD offers) HDD servers have a disk overhead as well.

@team_traitor said:
    hi, @Cloudcone I have a question. I was reading through your TOS and Policies and I have some activities that may or may not depend on usage violate one of your terms.

I would like to take one of your yearly promos but do you allow downloading copyrighted material for my sole personal purpose only? It is not for online distribution but for my personal usage only.

What I am trying to do is spin some remote desktop to download some videos online (copyrighted, of course, mostly anime) and download those files on my local pc. Do you allow that? I am not distributing those online.

My internet connection here locally sucks and slow, so I want to have some remote desktop (VPS) with good speed to download some anime for me and download it locally for me. The reason for double download is that my ISP throttles my speed when I watch too many videos. I think they track those websites.

Do you allow those? Another thing is storage for personal photos since you have nice space storage than the other.

I'm sorry, but if it triggers abuse, we'll have to take action since we follow DMCA.

• @Cloudcone said:

@team_traitor said:
    hi, @Cloudcone I have a question. I was reading through your TOS and Policies and I have some activities that may or may not depend on usage violate one of your terms.

I'm sorry, but if it triggers abuse, we'll have to take action since we follow DMCA.

Okay, that is green for me since it is only personal. Thanks.

Virt/Kernel : KVM / 5.4.0-26-generic
    CPU Model : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU Cores : 1 @ 2599.996 MHz x86_64 16384 KB Cache
    CPU Flags : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Disabled
    Load Average : 0.54, 0.79, 0.40
    Total Space : 40G (3.1G ~9% used)
    Total RAM : 1977 MB (178 MB + 1441 MB Buff in use)
    Total SWAP : 0 MB (0 MB in use)

Uptime : 0 days 1:20

ASN & ISP : AS35916, Multacom Corporation
    Organization : CloudCone, LLC

Region : California

Performing Geekbench v5 CPU Benchmark test. Please wait...
    ## Geekbench v5 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 608 (GOOD)
    Multi Core : 601

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
    bzip2 : 85.1 MB/s
    sha256 : 145 MB/s
    md5sum : 395 MB/s

RAM Speed:
    Avg. write : 1422.7 MB/s
    Avg. read : 2969.6 MB/s

Disk Speed:
    1st run : 490 MB/s
    2nd run : 388 MB/s
    3rd run : 396 MB/s

Average : 424.7 MB/s

## Global Speedtest

Location Upload Download Ping

Nearby 473.61 Mbit/s 251.60 Mbit/s 3.033 ms

USA, New York (Optimum) 212.18 Mbit/s 23.06 Mbit/s 73.365 ms
    USA, Chicago (Windstream) 181.71 Mbit/s 137.66 Mbit/s 60.471 ms
    USA, Dallas (Frontier) 294.69 Mbit/s 313.06 Mbit/s 32.625 ms
    USA, Miami (Frontier) 218.50 Mbit/s 194.48 Mbit/s 61.108 ms
    USA, Los Angeles (Spectrum) 447.82 Mbit/s 215.58 Mbit/s 2.597 ms
    UK, London (toob Ltd) 79.75 Mbit/s 58.72 Mbit/s 135.187 ms
    France, Lyon (SFR) 105.80 Mbit/s 22.03 Mbit/s 154.273 ms
    Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET) 33.00 Mbit/s 14.78 Mbit/s 165.433 ms
    Spain, Madrid (MasMovil) 77.84 Mbit/s 4.86 Mbit/s 151.606 ms
    Italy, Rome (Unidata) 82.36 Mbit/s 31.46 Mbit/s 177.683 ms
    Russia, Moscow (MTS) 19.06 Mbit/s 51.63 Mbit/s 252.523 ms
    Israel, Haifa (013Netvision) 66.20 Mbit/s 63.95 Mbit/s 196.064 ms
    India, New Delhi (GIGATEL) 45.03 Mbit/s 29.88 Mbit/s 251.770 ms
    Singapore (FirstMedia) 19.66 Mbit/s 35.41 Mbit/s 171.511 ms
    Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther) 112.96 Mbit/s 23.78 Mbit/s 101.982 ms
    Australia, Sydney (Optus) 32.69 Mbit/s 9.11 Mbit/s 226.317 ms
    RSA, Randburg (Cool Ideas) 20.04 Mbit/s 36.03 Mbit/s 297.513 ms

Brazil, Sao Paulo (Criare) 68.23 Mbit/s 109.16 Mbit/s 176.616 ms

Finished in : 13 min 19 sec
    Timestamp : 2020-09-28 15:06:13 GMT
    Saved in : /root/speedtest.log

Share results:
    - https://www.speedtest.net/result/10160876721.png
    - https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/3952135
    - https://clbin.com/u70Bi

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas
  • team_traitorteam_traitor Member
    edited September 2020

OMG @Cloudcone I was wrong signing up. I was just just running apt update and apt upgrade and you call it DDoS?

I was just running this apt-get install xorg lxde-core tightvncserver

You null routed my instance and called it DDoS? OMG. Not good not good.
    I sent the support asking for a refund. This kind of service is a big NO-NO for me. You let me down this early. This is not a good sign.

@team_traitor said:
    OMG @Cloudcone I was wrong signing up. I was just just running apt update and apt upgrade and you call it DDoS?

I was just running this apt-get install xorg lxde-core tightvncserver

You null routed my instance and called it DDoS? OMG. Not good not good.
    I sent the support asking for a refund. This kind of service is a big NO-NO for me. You let me down this early. This is not a good sign.

I don't think this is true, can you send me the ticket ID? I'm sure it's something else.

An update shouldn't trigger a DDoS attack related null route

• @Cloudcone that was a crazy experience. I really thought I broke the vps after my update. Your support says that the vps was null routed due to DDoS.

I already opened a ticket for refund. I never had experience this on my 4$ yearly vps nat

• mtsjrmtsjr Member
    edited September 2020

I ran 5 update/upgrade commands like 4 hours ago on the $15 a year deal and did not get shutdown due to a DDos attack.

• @mtsjr said:
    I ran 5 update/upgrade commands like 4 hours ago on the $15 a year deal and did not get shutdown due to a DDos attack.

that was crazy. should I create a separate thread for this? I was dumbfounded when they null routed mine. that was crazy. I really thought I broke my instance.

I have a yearly deal (512Ram/1vcore/10Gb) from dedipath that I use sometimes. Its idling now for 3 days.

I installed xorg + tightvncserver + midori + sublime and I connect to it using Remmina to download some videos. I was able to that. I was able to do that on Dedipath then why I was not allowed to that with cloudcone.

The reason why I ask for refund was when I open a ticket support to ask why I cannot connect to my server. They replied that they null routed my machine/ip due to DDoS.

It got me thinking that they have a very weird network policies than Dacentec who are famous for Null routing machines.

I got Dacentec server downloading almost 5Gb of files daily and I did not experience null routes. That is why I am confuse when Cloudcone support says I got DDoS I don't have Web server installed. That was a fresh installed server.

• team_traitorteam_traitor Member
    edited September 2020

6 hours past and I don't see an update on my ticket. No refund too. What is this sir @Cloudcone ?
    BTW my tickets are 67676 and 67678. Kindly review it. I want a Paypal refund sir so I can use it somewhere. Thanks in advance.

• root@cc1:/etc/apt# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2020-09-21

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Mon 28 Sep 2020 03:13:47 PM UTC

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU cores : 1 @ 2599.996 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 1.9Gi
    Swap : 0B
    Disk : 40G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 84.18 MB/s (21.0k) 596.76 MB/s (9.3k)
    Write 84.40 MB/s (21.1k) 599.90 MB/s (9.3k)
    Total 168.59 MB/s (42.1k) 1.19 GB/s (18.6k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 499.84 MB/s (976) 479.80 MB/s (468)
    Write 526.40 MB/s (1.0k) 511.75 MB/s (499)
    Total 1.02 GB/s (2.0k) 991.56 MB/s (967)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | busy | busy
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 438 Mbits/sec | 90.6 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | busy
    Wifx | Zurich, CH (10G) | 405 Mbits/sec | 17.2 Mbits/sec
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 391 Mbits/sec | 32.8 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 466 Mbits/sec | 124 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 463 Mbits/sec | 193 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 483 Mbits/sec | 464 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 429 Mbits/sec | 108 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | busy | busy
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 830 Mbits/sec | 134 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 824 Mbits/sec | 86.5 Mbits/sec
    Wifx | Zurich, CH (10G) | 668 Mbits/sec | 133 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 900 Mbits/sec | 141 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 927 Mbits/sec | 414 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 593
    Multi Core | 591
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/3952492

Not bad considering it's price tbh

• @sanvit Is it just me or is the proc that the node you're in seems to be wrong?
    Offer says the node you should be in should have a "2 x Intel Xeon E5 CPUs"
    But I'm seeing in your Benchmark that it's only "Intel Xeon E312xx", E3?

• @CasualCanvas said:
    @sanvit Is it just me or is the proc that the node you're in seems to be wrong?

iirc some virtualization softwares hides/rewrites parts of the CPU. Although it would be nice if you could clarify @Cloudcone

@team_traitor said:
    6 hours past and I don't see an update on my ticket. No refund too. What is this sir @Cloudcone ?
    BTW my tickets are 67676 and 67678. Kindly review it. I want a Paypal refund sir so I can use it somewhere. Thanks in advance.

I was looking at your ticket, copying the content of it so nobody else is confused with your experience.

Once a server is destroyed; the IP is added back to the public pool. When a user deploys a server, an IP is selected at random from the IP pool and then assigned to that particular server. In your case, the previous user could have received a DDoS attack and then it might have stopped after the server was destroyed. Once you have created a server, I believe the IP was working fine. Coincidentally, at the same you ran an update on the server, your server got DDoS due to the previous user's actions.

@CasualCanvas said:
    @sanvit said:

@CasualCanvas said:

iirc some virtualization softwares hides/rewrites parts of the CPU. Although it would be nice if you could clarify @Cloudcone

Sure! Our newer HVs are E5-2690 V3 and some Silver 4214s. The CPU however defaults/rewritten to "Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)" is to facilitate live migration, as it is a requirement of live migration that the guest CPU cannot be different.

Most providers have this (who needs to achieve live migration) some have it as "QEMU Virtual CPU" :smile:

Thanked by 2team_traitor sanvit
  • @Cloudcone Thank you for the update. I got a ticket also saying that the previous owner IP was DDoS.

• Wanted to grab another of SPCS20-1, but alas! I'm not a new customer! Racist towards existing customers!? ;-)

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • New customer only makes existing customers sad :neutral:

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • @sanvit said:

Virt/Kernel : KVM / 5.4.0-26-generic
    CPU Model : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU Cores : 1 @ 2599.996 MHz x86_64 16384 KB Cache
    CPU Flags : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Disabled
    Load Average : 0.54, 0.79, 0.40
    Total Space : 40G (3.1G ~9% used)
    Total RAM : 1977 MB (178 MB + 1441 MB Buff in use)
    Total SWAP : 0 MB (0 MB in use)

Uptime : 0 days 1:20

ASN & ISP : AS35916, Multacom Corporation
    Organization : CloudCone, LLC

Region : California

Performing Geekbench v5 CPU Benchmark test. Please wait...
    ## Geekbench v5 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 608 (GOOD)
    Multi Core : 601

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
    bzip2 : 85.1 MB/s
    sha256 : 145 MB/s
    md5sum : 395 MB/s

RAM Speed:
    Avg. write : 1422.7 MB/s
    Avg. read : 2969.6 MB/s

Disk Speed:
    1st run : 490 MB/s
    2nd run : 388 MB/s
    3rd run : 396 MB/s

Average : 424.7 MB/s

## Global Speedtest

Location Upload Download Ping

Nearby 473.61 Mbit/s 251.60 Mbit/s 3.033 ms

USA, New York (Optimum) 212.18 Mbit/s 23.06 Mbit/s 73.365 ms
    USA, Chicago (Windstream) 181.71 Mbit/s 137.66 Mbit/s 60.471 ms
    USA, Dallas (Frontier) 294.69 Mbit/s 313.06 Mbit/s 32.625 ms
    USA, Miami (Frontier) 218.50 Mbit/s 194.48 Mbit/s 61.108 ms
    USA, Los Angeles (Spectrum) 447.82 Mbit/s 215.58 Mbit/s 2.597 ms
    UK, London (toob Ltd) 79.75 Mbit/s 58.72 Mbit/s 135.187 ms
    France, Lyon (SFR) 105.80 Mbit/s 22.03 Mbit/s 154.273 ms
    Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET) 33.00 Mbit/s 14.78 Mbit/s 165.433 ms
    Spain, Madrid (MasMovil) 77.84 Mbit/s 4.86 Mbit/s 151.606 ms
    Italy, Rome (Unidata) 82.36 Mbit/s 31.46 Mbit/s 177.683 ms
    Russia, Moscow (MTS) 19.06 Mbit/s 51.63 Mbit/s 252.523 ms
    Israel, Haifa (013Netvision) 66.20 Mbit/s 63.95 Mbit/s 196.064 ms
    India, New Delhi (GIGATEL) 45.03 Mbit/s 29.88 Mbit/s 251.770 ms
    Singapore (FirstMedia) 19.66 Mbit/s 35.41 Mbit/s 171.511 ms
    Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther) 112.96 Mbit/s 23.78 Mbit/s 101.982 ms
    Australia, Sydney (Optus) 32.69 Mbit/s 9.11 Mbit/s 226.317 ms
    RSA, Randburg (Cool Ideas) 20.04 Mbit/s 36.03 Mbit/s 297.513 ms

Brazil, Sao Paulo (Criare) 68.23 Mbit/s 109.16 Mbit/s 176.616 ms

Finished in : 13 min 19 sec
    Timestamp : 2020-09-28 15:06:13 GMT
    Saved in : /root/speedtest.log

Share results:
    - https://www.speedtest.net/result/10160876721.png
    - https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/3952135
    - https://clbin.com/u70Bi

Just 15 dollars... What do you want?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2020

@elliotc said:
    New customer only makes existing customers sad :neutral:

This is the most awkward look I've seen towards overselling. It's not like the end is nigh though, because most providers do this to survive in the industry.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • @Cloudcone Based on your explanatioin, wouldn't the i.p blacklisted, so somebody will have their i.p blacklisted already?

• Excelent app Android :)

Thanked by 1Cloudcone