Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URGENT - Your Website and Data be in Danger (Cheap Web Hosting SCAMS)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URGENT - Your Website and Data be in Danger (Cheap Web Hosting SCAMS)

hostganhostgan Member
edited September 2020 in General

Dear readers,
As many may realize, advertisements with extremely cheap website hosting are common, but are they safe? This may be an unpleasant answer, your website may be in danger.
A good dedicated server requires a reasonably high investment, so let's consider $150 ~ $250 /mo perhaps there are cheaper servers and there may also be more expensive ones.
If the server has more than 30 accounts in its cPanel, the initial license cost is $45 and $0.20 for each account from 100 accounts.
cPanel Prices: https://cpanel.net/pricing/

Also has license CloudLinux (Optional) $14
WHMCS License (Optional) Start From $18 Among other things, so maintaining a quality server can be expensive and selling so cheap doesn't seem interesting.

So why are there so cheap web hosting?

There are companies that sell pirated systems: WHMCS, cPanel, CloudLinux among others.

What is the risk? All your data can be vulnerable, they are:

Personal data: Name, Date of Birth, Address, E-mail and others.
Your website files and emails are also at risk, people who sell these pirated systems can access all of this. They can spread a virus to make a profit, they can sell their system to other people.
The risks are many. But I am going to teach you how to get rid of these scams.

How not to be deceived?

First, you must search for the IP of your website hosting server. I will show you how to do this if you are not yet a customer of the company you want to hire.
Check the main site, often they are on the server itself, other times the IP is protected by a proxy service.

Open your computer's terminal (Command Prompt).
Windows: Windows + R: cmd or Start Menu> Execute: cmd
MAC: Launchpad> Terminal

Type in the terminal: ping domainofcompany.com and it will show a result similar to the screenshot result. PS: Replace "domainofcompany.com" with the website of the company you are looking for.

Screenshot: http://prnt.sc/ujpf9v
a) Public IP Address

Okay, you have the IP, now check if it is the real IP or if it is just a proxy, access it, for example: 192.192.192.192:2083
If you open the cPanel page, then you must now check the license for it. But beware, some people host on genuine servers, so you'll only know when to actually buy a hosting plan, which I'll explain in the next step.

Now if you have already purchased the hosting package you can be 100% sure about it.

1 - Access the cPanel of the website hosting company.
Follow the screenshot below to find the server's IP.
Screenshot IP Find: http://prnt.sc/ujpnch

Perfect, now that you have the IP, come on.

1 - cPanel License Check: https://verify.cpanel.net/app/verify
2 - WHMCS License Check (If the company uses):
3 - CloudLinux License Check: https://cln.cloudlinux.com/console/check-license

Below I will show the example of a legal company (with an original license) and a pirate company.
Legal Company: http://prnt.sc/ujptns
Pirate Company: http://prnt.sc/ujpv3v

I hope that in some way I have helped you, and also those who do a good job honestly. Be wary of very low prices, value your quality and data security.

Sorry my English is not my native language. I just want to help people who are concerned about their websites. I found several of these on Web Hosting Talk

Comments

• Names!

• @kkrajk said:
    Names!

Want the OP to get DDoS'd to oblivion? :tongue:

Thanked by 1ChristianDSH
  • What in the world did I just read..

• When you don't have money for a provider tag, you gotta earn it the hard way.

• what a waste of 2 minutes.

• In the legal hosting company image you left the original IP in the search bar. You may want to remove that (It looks like you wanted to as the main one was blurred)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • coolicecoolice Member
    edited September 2020

@hostgan said: 1 - Access the cPanel of the website hosting company.

That is NOT 100% correct it is correct only if the server has one shared IP. You should educate yourself before posting misleading information

cPanel Server can have multiple shared IPs that display to customers on that IP in their panel

Every reseller plan, can have it own shared IP for it's own sites only option is called Manage Reseller’s Shared IP, that reseller customers will see reseller shared IP there

https://docs.cpanel.net/whm/resellers/manage-resellers-shared-ip/

And server IPs list will be with multiple shared marked ...

Also if the hosting main site is on cPanel but on dedicated IP it will show that do not have license

License is shown only on the main server IP which can be not the main shared or hosting main site IP if the hosting is small to host main site with others and host behind cloudflare as cloudflare proxy 2083 newbie customers will check cloud flare IP for license

which make your post over 50% incorrect

You got to learn how it works before posting

• Yeah it makes sense when your brain does not have sense .

• But guys. Its URGENT!!!

• He needs his provider tag urgently. there's nothing else that is urgent.

Thanked by 2kkrajk JasonM
  • Congrats for your second threads

• @coolice Don't educate him! Past redemption. :|

Thanked by 1coolice
  • hostganhostgan Member
    edited September 2020

@coolice said:

@hostgan said: 1 - Access the cPanel of the website hosting company.

That is NOT 100% correct it is correct only if the server has one shared IP. You should educate yourself before posting misleading information

cPanel Server can have multiple shared IPs that display to customers on that IP in their panel

Every reseller plan, can have it own shared IP for it's own sites only option is called Manage Reseller’s Shared IP, that reseller customers will see reseller shared IP there

https://docs.cpanel.net/whm/resellers/manage-resellers-shared-ip/

And server IPs list will be with multiple shared marked ...

Also if the hosting main site is on cPanel but on dedicated IP it will show that do not have license

License is shown only on the main server IP which can be not the main shared or hosting main site IP if the hosting is small to host main site with others and host behind cloudflare as cloudflare proxy 2083 newbie customers will check cloud flare IP for license

which make your post over 50% incorrect

Be a little intelligent, if it is already difficult to maintain an original cPanel, imagine having dedicated IP's on a hosting sold for less than $1 dollar. I think you need more education.

• I just wanted to warn anyone who buys hosting plans for $0.75 /mo. It is not mandatory for someone to follow the recommendations, you must make your own decisions.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2020

@hostgan said:
    I just wanted to warn anyone who buys hosting plans for $0.75 /mo. It is not mandatory for someone to follow the recommendations, you must make your own decisions.

We have providers here that are selling DDoS attacks on other forums, and the moderation/admin team seemingly couldn't care less even when reported.

So what did you even expect? As long as its cheap, the users of this forum don't care. It's almost a religion to follow the cheapest deals. Personally I don't even use much of the super deal stuff, its just nice to grab in case I ever need it.

The hosts know this, and they take a calculated risk and let people idle their cheap plans. Just look at the other specs/limits of the said plans and you instantly realize that you can't use it for anything meaningful lol. There are other plans for the actual usage. You just grab the attention of the viewer with that plan and at the same time make some money out of it. They probly also cram all those "deals" into a single machine thats overloaded to oblivion with idlers.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

But, is this Urgent issue is resolved ? (as the title say)

• @Saahib said:

It never will be.

• @coolice said:

Do you honestly believe OP give a damn about how it works?

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint coolice
  • OMG @hostgan anyone knows that the owner of the machine can see your files. It is nothing new. It is all about trust. If you think your data is very critical and important then you need to invest in a well-established provider that you can sue them if they fu*k up.

• @Saahib said:

Maybe for you it's been solved.

• @team_traitor said:
    OMG @hostgan anyone knows that the owner of the machine can see your files. It is nothing new. It is all about trust. If you think your data is very critical and important then you need to invest in a well-established provider that you can sue them if they fu*k up.

I'm not saying about the owner of the server, I'm saying about the company that sells pirated cPanel.

• @stefeman said:

@hostgan said:
    I just wanted to warn anyone who buys hosting plans for $0.75 /mo. It is not mandatory for someone to follow the recommendations, you must make your own decisions.

We have providers here that are selling DDoS attacks on other forums, and the moderation/admin team seemingly couldn't care less even when reported.

So what did you even expect? As long as its cheap, the users of this forum don't care. It's almost a religion to follow the cheapest deals. Personally I don't even use much of the super deal stuff, its just nice to grab in case I ever need it.

The hosts know this, and they take a calculated risk and let people idle their cheap plans. Just look at the other specs/limits of the said plans and you instantly realize that you can't use it for anything meaningful lol. There are other plans for the actual usage. You just grab the attention of the viewer with that plan and at the same time make some money out of it. They probly also cram all those "deals" into a single machine thats overloaded to oblivion with idlers.

Thanks for understanding what I was saying.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

PMS detected.

P.S. I did smell PMS at the beginning but it wasn't leaking. It is now.

• @hostgan said:

@team_traitor said:
    OMG @hostgan anyone knows that the owner of the machine can see your files. It is nothing new. It is all about trust. If you think your data is very critical and important then you need to invest in a well-established provider that you can sue them if they fu*k up.

I'm not saying about the owner of the server, I'm saying about the company that sells pirated cPanel.

oh. Sorry about that. :)

• @team_traitor said:

@hostgan said:

@team_traitor said:

oh. Sorry about that. :)

It's not a problem. We know that the owner of the server can see the files, but he has responsibility to them, but those who pirate systems like cPanel, they have no responsibility.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2020

There will always be piracy. Theres nothing you can do to it. Besides, some nulled software are cleaned well and are without any backdoors. It's different if you search and download it from youtube or in some public forums with zero moderation.

There are several (ironically) paid sites with admins that audit every submission for known backdoors and groups that do not include any backdoors into "their" releases. This is where these hosts get their stuff from.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:
    PMS detected.

P.S. I did smell PMS at the beginning but it wasn't leaking. It is now.

PMS ?

• @stefeman said:
    There will always be piracy. Theres nothing you can do to it. Besides, some nulled software are cleaned well and are without any backdoors. It's different if you search and download it from youtube or in some public forums with zero moderation.

There are several (ironically) paid sites with admins that audit every submission for known backdoors and groups that do not include any backdoors into "their" releases. This is where these hosts get their stuff from.

Just gonna ignore that you know this well but...

"Known backdoors" - exactly.