Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 10Gbit/s Uplink Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 10Gbit/s Uplink Server

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

I'm looking for 10Gbit/s Uplink Server but with less bandwidth like 5-10TB for a small upgrade fee (probably).

Do you have any recommendation ??

Regards.

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited September 2020

Hello sir,
    Shared 10Gbit would work or require dedicated?

• Clouvider and Hetzner offer this.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • i can do this :

2xE5-2450L cpu
    2x480 ssd
    1 ipv4
    10gbps port speed (10 tb traffic included)

price will be 120 eur/mo.

We are located in Romania. Pm if you are interesed.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said:
    Hello sir,

Yes, Sir :D Shared will be Okay, but I need to see the specs (As it's a VPS, I need to check what specs I'm getting).

edited September 2020

@emilv said:
    Clouvider and Hetzner offer this.

Hetzner seemed to be puzzling. I didn't find a complete pricing where it's mentioned clearly. I also noticed I can take 10 Gbit on specific servers only. No idea about clouvider.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@seriesn said:
    Hello sir,

Yes, Sir :D Shared will be Okay, but I need to see the specs (As it's a VPS, I need to check what specs I'm getting).

I can do 10Gbit at NY/Miami, not sure if that’s feasible for you? Cost of the upgrade is usually $10/mo. But I can drop it to $5 :)

• Check out Heficed, their VMs have 10gbps uplink. Bandwidth is charged separately, 0.60 per TB and you can customize the rest of the specs.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2020

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@emilv said:
    Clouvider and Hetzner offer this.

Hetzner seemed to be puzzling. I didn't find a complete pricing where it's mentioned clearly. I also noticed I can take 10 Gbit on specific servers only. No idea about clouvider.

Feel free to contact me, can do 10Gbit, 2x 10Gbit, 40G or even 100G in Frankfurt ;)

Thanked by 2yoursunny kkrajk
  • graphicgraphic Member
    edited September 2020

Get a Hetzner EX or AX Server.
    Price for 10G will be this:

• php-friends.de 30€ on top for 10 gbit

• 10G dedicated uplink (incl. 10G NIC)** € 39.00 Only available for DX-line (only at location NBG1), PX-line, AX41/-NVMe, AX51/-NVMe, AX61-NVMe, AX60-SSD, AX160-NVMe/-SSD, SX62/132/292 and EX-line (only at location FSN1 and HEL1). Firewall feature is not available.

https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicated-server/general-information/root-server-hardware/

• Take a look at @Avoro - they offer 10Gbit VPSs in Frankfurt.
    IIRC they share colo space or network with @PHP_Friends

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

All our newest Xeon E servers in app EU and Us locations have 10G - have a look here, https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale/

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@nullnothere said:
    Take a look at @Avoro - they offer 10Gbit VPSs in Frankfurt.
    IIRC they share colo space or network with @PHP_Friends

Yes, they are our biggest colocation customer and we can highly recommend them =)

@PHP_Friends I can see your packages have 1 Gbit/s connection speed. EPYC 7402 has 64 Threads, suppose you hosted 32 VPSs (2 Dedi Cores Package). Does the server have 1 Gbit/s NIC Connected which means the 32 VPSs can burst upto 1Gbit/s but has no guaranteed speed. Is my assumption correct ?

• edited September 2020

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    @PHP_Friends I can see your packages have 1 Gbit/s connection speed. EPYC 7402 has 64 Threads, suppose you hosted 32 VPSs (2 Dedi Cores Package). Does the server have 1 Gbit/s NIC Connected which means the 32 VPSs can burst upto 1Gbit/s but has no guaranteed speed. Is my assumption correct ?

I doubt you will ever find a VPS with guaranteed 1Gbps.

Edit: I stand corrected.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

1 Gbps per VM is guaranteed, the nodes have 4x 10 Gbps and they are always very very far away from being saturated.

@t0ny0 said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

I doubt you will ever find a VPS with guaranteed 1Gbps.

Edit: I stand corrected.

No, I didn't mean it to be a guaranteed speed but at a while I thought, if 32 users try to use, then they will get 31 mbps :/ That's too low. You can't predict when your node will spike, that's why I asked.

@PHP_Friends said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

1 Gbps per VM is guaranteed, the nodes have 4x 10 Gbps and they are always very very far away from being saturated.

Thanks for your clarification.

@PHP_Friends Is your packages upgradable without data loss or migration ?

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    No, I didn't mean it to be a guaranteed speed but at a while I thought, if 32 users try to use, then they will get 31 mbps :/ That's too low. You can't predict when your node will spike, that's why I asked.

32 VMs each generating 1 Gbps would be no problem with 40 Gbps, but that will probably never happen. That's why we can assure 1 Gbps port capacity.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    @PHP_Friends Is your packages upgradable without data loss or migration ?

Yes, it's just a reboot and doesn't cost anything extra (so no setup fee).

@PHP_Friends said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

32 VMs each generating 1 Gbps would be no problem with 40 Gbps, but that will probably never happen. That's why we can assure 1 Gbps port capacity.

Yes, that would not make any problem & that's also not going to happen, I know. But, it could make a problem if the host node had 1 Gbit/s in total that's why I asked.

Thanked by 1dataforest

@PHP_Friends VAT is payable by all customers including those who are outside EU Region ?

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    @PHP_Friends VAT is payable by all customers including those who are outside EU Region ?

If you live outside of the EU you don't pay the VAT so your price is lower.

@PHP_Friends said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

If you live outside of the EU you don't pay the VAT so your price is lower.

How long it takes to activate the service ? Got an email about updating data, updated data more precisely, still no update.

"Still no update" 11 minutes after you answered the ticket... 🙄

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@PHP_Friends said:

How could you even not answer him lightning fast? ;) SCNR

Thanked by 1kkrajk

@PHP_Friends said:

:p Sorry, Actually I thought your whole system is manual as it seemed to me like that. But, then I found your support portal. Everything is so hidden :v

@PHP_Friends So far so good, everything is so stable after migration. Really an A+ Service. Do you also have the 30 days prior cancellation policy like if I have to cancel February 01st, I need to put cancellation request on January 01st ?