Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Backup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Backup

I have been doing some research on how I should back up my meager data. I am purely doing this for fun/learning and a bit of useful utilities for myself.

I was wondering if it makes sense to backup data from one VPS to another or should I backup locally. I was hoping to automate the process with a script. If anyone can point me to a legit tutorial or give me some suggestions to run with. A lot of what I have been doing with the VPS deals I found here is practice and learn on them.

Thanks!

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Never automate this when starting out. Do it manually, get to know some basic coding.

Thanked by 2lokuzard SH_Dream
  • @deank said:
    Never automate this when starting out. Do it manually, get to know some basic coding.

That sounds contradictory. Manually backing up something isn't coding shit. Automating it is.

• You have to code your own bash script!

• I have a "backup" /storage vps that I backup to backbkaze b2.... b2 is incredibly cheap im paying 8-10 dollars per month to store 1.8tb of data ... the vps I have is 18-20 dollars per month but I would be devastated if I lost the data completely... so this makes sense

• You can backup via FTP or SFTP.
    You are using any control panel like direct admin , cpanel, plesk
    Free control panel like webuzo
    They an option to back on remotely.