Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DA Reseller Account not sending Welcome message (credentials)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DA Reseller Account not sending Welcome message (credentials)

Need help.

I got another reseller account. I was busy fixing some stuff regarding emails etc;
My email scores 10/10 on mail tester and I am able to receive and send emails.

The problem that I have now is that when I create a user/client they cannot receive the welcome email which contains their login info. I had to manually create and send the information for them. Is this the default behavior of DA? @DA_Mark

I have opened a ticket from the support but it is been an hour. I am trying to find a way to fix it, maybe I missed something or maybe I was the one who causes it.

Does anyone have this kind of experience?
I also tried sending again the message but it is not working too.

Comments

• Are you using mail relay?

• @jeorlie said: I have opened a ticket from the support but it is been an hour

New low for patience. In the mean time, do you have some logs?

• Would you be kind enough to post the ticket #? Looking at the list of open tickets right now, I'm not able to see a topic that matches this.

• Sorry, @DA_Mark I was not clear about the support. I mean the hosting provider where I rented this reseller account. He replied but asking for log or errors. The thing is after creating an account everything is green except sending to the user his welcome message along with those credentials.

@LTniger
    I can't see logs. I don't have access to the server.

• @jeorlie said:
    Sorry, @DA_Mark I was not clear about the support. I mean the hosting provider where I rented this reseller account. He replied but asking for log or errors. The thing is after creating an account everything is green except sending to the user his welcome message along with those credentials.

@LTniger

Are you using any billing system or just going through DA?

If you are going through DA, is the box checked that says “Send E-mail notifications”?

Have you checked the spam section ?

• I created a test account.

SModified-creenshot-at-2020-09-26-03-33-12

Modi-Screenshot-at-2020-09-26-03-33-49

I created a test user account since I don't have a screenshot before. I did not received an email again. I check the spam folder too.

I'll ask the provider if they could give me error logs.

• @seriesn said:

@jeorlie said:
    Sorry, @DA_Mark I was not clear about the support. I mean the hosting provider where I rented this reseller account. He replied but asking for log or errors. The thing is after creating an account everything is green except sending to the user his welcome message along with those credentials.

@LTniger

Are you using any billing system or just going through DA?

If you are going through DA, is the box checked that says “Send E-mail notifications”?

Have you checked the spam section ?

I only create account on DA. I also tried that "Re-sending the message" and I check the "Generate random new password" something like that. Can I see my accounts error log? I am a reseller account only. I been checking if there is a system message I could check.

• My bad @DA_Mark . I thought the DA has this default behavior since there is a checkbox saying "Send notification" when creating an account. I thought DA can send email information to the users(client) email after creating the accounts.

It would be nice if DA can also send email accounts to since accounts are manually created.

The reseller account provider replied to my ticket and said that.

Hello,

The new account information emails should be sent from your billing management app (i.e. Blesta, WHMCS, etc.), not DirectAdmin.

If you have any additional questions, you can simply reply to this ticket at any time, which will re-open the ticket for you.

Guess I have to manually send emails for now. Thanks for the response guys.

• Interesting. So I did a quick test,
    When I created a new domain under a reseller manually, the email did got sent out (with the resellers email address on the sender address). Not sure if that has to do anything with the sending?

It works though. Even without a billing panel.

So not really sure. If you are getting all the system notification from the server, try changing your main email address and see if that helps?

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • @seriesn said:
    Interesting. So I did a quick test,
    When I created a new domain under a reseller manually, the email did got sent out (with the resellers email address on the sender address). Not sure if that has to do anything with the sending?

It works though. Even without a billing panel.

So not really sure. If you are getting all the system notification from the server, try changing your main email address and see if that helps?

If it works to you then there is wrong on this server. I cannot change the root email (default) I wanted to change the default into [email protected] from [email protected]. I don't have the full access to Direct Admin.

Now that you mention notification. I cannot receive a notification to my email address (the one I use to register on my account).

I will open a ticket again. Thanks @seriesn .

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Yes. I also faced the same issue. From @MikePT US DA reseler, I got a few mails from 'Creator Duplicate' but not for all accounts that were created. I even opened a ticket with MikePT.

From Francisco's DA LV server, I got almost all emails titled 'Creator Duplicate'.
    Anyhow it's nice to get such emails.

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas