Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Completely disgusted with WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Completely disgusted with WHMCS

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
edited September 2020 in Reviews

I have already written this same message in the WHMCS forum, but I write it here also with the hope that here someone will be able to understand my concern without finding fanboys who defend the incomprehensible ... (I hope).

But if someone wants to reply in the original message, I will also appreciate it, maybe then one day the solution will come ...

Here we go!

Hello, I've been a WHMCS customer for 12 years and I'm writing this message to report my discomfort with WHMCS and their lack of interest in correcting the problems.

Basically the domain name registration process at WHMCS is bullshit and the problem is that no one at WHMCS cares.

• It doesn't allow to define different owner/admin/tech contacts to a domain, all must be the same by obligation, why? Simply because WHMCS has decided that it has to be

• We register several domains in one order and all domains must have the same contactID, we force the customer to generate different orders, why? Simply because WHMCS has decided that this is the way it has to be

We talked to WHMCS at CloudFest, they understand our problem... And even after 3 years! everything still works that badly.

How is it possible that such a basic functionality as domain registration is so obsolete?

How is it possible that after notification by ticket the answer is: This is just the way it is
It doesn't show the slightest interest in escalating the failure and being interested in improving the product.

I'm really outraged. I don't understand how a panel that is supposed to be for a hosting company has such a bad domain registration process? I really don't understand.

How is it possible that after reporting the problem on CloudFest for 3 years in a row, this request is still being ignored?

You're going to tell me that I have to make a feature request... Ok, it's been done, for 3 years now!

I opened a new request (for a different topic) 1 week ago and it's still in moderation...

I'm getting more and more disgusted with this panel...

Comments

• Sounds like a pain! Just curious- do you have an owned license or pay monthly? I presume if you get a ton of users who pay monthly to complain they may be more inclined to fix the issue as it may impact their revenue more so that the owned license user. Wonder if Blesta or hostbill looks at the WHMCS forum and finds all the pain points and if theirs fixes it- they should market their software as addressing 50 WHMCS pain points etc, or buy our software now and you will never know the pain of- and create a huge list of WHMCS pain

Thanked by 1pphillips
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2020

if we s***talk on WHMCS will our licenses get suspended !!
    because this is clearly not cool .
    https://i.imgur.com/vATMTQC.png

I hope the publicity of this post will make some pressure on developers to fix this issue and won't get my license suspended :P.

TLDR: you can send **spamvertised ** website, registering with any provider using WHMCS and default email templates to specific high profile accounts or spamtraps and that will get the hosting provider IP/relay blacklisted.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Mate it looks to me like you expect a lot from WHMCS and at least some attention to your improvement suggestions, for being loyal to them.

1. I’m not sure if this proces can be improvemed by a 3 module or modification, if yes, just hire someone.

2. They’re not the only billing system online. Move on!

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider

Don't hold your breath, WHMCS development team is useless. Just hire someone to code a module.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Xsltel said:
    if we s***talk on WHMCS will our licenses get suspended !!
    because this is clearly not cool .
    https://i.imgur.com/vATMTQC.png

I hope the publicity of this post will make some pressure on developers to fix this issue and won't get my license suspended :P.

TLDR: you can send **spamvertised ** website, registering with any provider using WHMCS and default email templates to specific high profile accounts or spamtraps and that will get the hosting provider IP/relay blacklisted.

So you don't have enough time to fill in a feature request, but do have enough time to rant on LET?

Ok then.

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

@jackb said: So you don't have enough time to fill in a feature request, but do have enough time to rant on LET?
    Ok then.

At least on LET I get responses like your's, which is quite more valuable than getting ignored on WHMCS requests platform.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@armandorg said:
    you expect a lot from WHMCS

Serious?

In my opinion the contact management of a domain is quite important. So much so that you can have legal consequences if you don't register a domain with the correct contacts.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Have you ever considered suing?

• Their business model is having enough customers that they don't need to worry what any one customer - or a small group of customers - think about the software. If you have a few thousand $$$$ to spend on this, you could create a module or sponsor development, otherwise you need to adjust your expectations.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2020

@DataWagon said: Don't hold your breath, WHMCS development team is useless.

This. After decade of using it same issues keep on persisting.

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • WHMCS is overrated and still lacks many basic features. I have been thinking of moving away for a while, but no other platform has the functionality I need. WiseCP was good but it has lots of bugs.

• WHMCS never really listen to feedback. Contrary to WHMCS, one thing I immediately noticed about Hostbillapp is that they do care about what people ask for. We had a couple of features / quirks reported the first week we got Hostbillapp, and they were corrected or implemented to the mainline within 3 weeks. Can’t say that about any other software I tried over the years.

• very true! WHMCS is lacking many feature and for many important features WHMCS do not want to provide any feature, however there are many hooks, plugins, modules e,t,c available which can customize it.
    But you can hire a good developer who can customize it for you.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Synatiq said:
    WHMCS never really listen to feedback. Contrary to WHMCS, one thing I immediately noticed about Hostbillapp is that they do care about what people ask for. We had a couple of features / quirks reported the first week we got Hostbillapp, and they were corrected or implemented to the mainline within 3 weeks. Can’t say that about any other software I tried over the years.

Any update for SG Location ?

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Any update for SG Location ?

What a fantastic question that has nothing at all to do with this thread, and could've been offer suited messaging them directly.

The ignorance.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Any update for SG Location ?

lol

• WHMCS is barley upgraded or updated. No serious development is beeing done. What have they added in v8? New admin panel look so it seems they do something.

Maybe if they spent more time fixing and adding requests than changing designs it would be better.

I plan to move to hostbill on the long run because you need a lot of initial capital but it is cheaper to maintain long term because you do not pay for every single module. You do not have to third-party everything. And I have heard a lot that they listen to customer requests. But I have also seen threads that they are a mess so I want to check that as well.

• Worth asking ModulesGarden if they can add this for you. It may fit in well with some of their existing domain related modules

• WHMCS is useless and we are currently in a process of moving away from it. They can't implement such basic things as regex spam filters for tickets that we requested 2 years ago, so don't expect from them implementing anything like the OP any soon.

They spend a lot of time on implementing absolutely useless stuff instead of focusing on really important things. An official plugin for accepting Bitcoin that supports Electrum API or bitcoind in prune mode? Nevah! Just use Bitpay or similar nonsense like Coingate that require KYC and can freeze your funds any time...

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

@Hosterlabs said:
    WHMCS is barley upgraded or updated. No serious development is beeing done. What have they added in v8? New admin panel look so it seems they do something.

Uhm, what? There are far more changes in 8.0 than just a new admin panel.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Changelog:WHMCS_V8.0

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that WHMCS is fantastic and without issues, but to say that it's "barely upgraded or updated" is beyond silly.

• Why is there no love for Blesta? From what I see it does everything WHMCS does and more.

Thanked by 2pphillips Ticaga