Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to grant backup access to reseller
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to grant backup access to reseller

Hello,

I hope you all are fine. Yesterday, I received a support ticket from a reseller client that he wants to remotely backup his clients' data into his cloud account. He also suggested me JetBackup plugin. He wants to get Reseller has all privilidges (same as root) permission from JetBackup, which I denied to grant.

Please guide is it possible that resellers can remotely backup his data other than permission mentioned above?

Regards

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2020

@pakhost said:
    Hello,

I hope you all are fine. Yesterday, I received a support ticket from a reseller client that he wants to remotely backup his clients' data into his cloud account. He also suggested me JetBackup plugin. He wants to get Reseller has all privilidges (same as root) permission from JetBackup, which I denied to grant.

Please guide is it possible that resellers can remotely backup his data other than permission mentioned above?

Regards

I think there's a tab available in jetbackup called "permission" where you can grant whatever access you want to reseller.

https://docs.jetbackup.com/manual/whm/Permissions/allPermissions.html

But you shouldn't grant all privileges to reseller same as root.

• @ViridWeb said:

This is actual point, in which I have denied him. Is there not any other reason that reseller can create remote backups to their cloud accounts.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Tell them to get whmeasybackup it’s a script that will backup their files.

Thanked by 1pakhost
  • It worked for him

• @pakhost said:

@ViridWeb said:

This is actual point, in which I have denied him. Is there not any other reason that reseller can create remote backups to their cloud accounts.

Hello @pakhost,

Just to clarify, you can change Global Reseller permissions or set permissions for a specific reseller account in JetBackup, without granting unnecessary or excessive permissions. The permissions listed below can be set to "Yes" on the "WHM > JetBackup > Permissions" page to allow a reseller to create and manage their own remote destination(s), and create and manage their own backup job(s).

• Reseller can manage Destinations
    • Reseller can view Destinations
    • Reseller can view Backup Jobs
    • Reseller can manage Backup Jobs

The above permissions will only allow the reseller to view and manage destinations/backup jobs created by that specific reseller.
    Please note that granting these permissions to a reseller may reduce server performance depending on their Destination or Backup Job configuration and your available server resources. Additionally, we would recommend double-checking any permission changes yourself to ensure you're only providing the intended level of access.

Thanked by 1Lee