Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ApisCP 3.2 lifetime sale - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ApisCP 3.2 lifetime sale

Comments

• Does apiscp have reseller features or planned?

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

I see you are supporting bacula backup only. Do you have plan for integrating other backup method?

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@nem said: This panel will never be a cPanel replacement because there's opportunity to do things much better than architecture rooted in the 90s.

I understand when you say that. You are a panel dev and most us are just panel operators with some linux skills. So, the view you take and the one we perceive might be different. But the end goal isn't different. It is to have something that is accepted widely and lessen admin hours by automation.

I do remember the passion and love for your making that I have seen in your writing. It is something I cherish and have seen in only a handful of devs. My warmest wishes will always be for you and your panel.

• @nem , You should consider the opinions of other panel operators, it will increase the confidence and comfort of using ApisCP.
    I also hope that ApisCP Development follows the usual panel interface used by end users, as providers have a tough task of convincing their clients to accept using ApisCP.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@webcraft said:
    Does apiscp have reseller features or planned?

It's one of the three milestones before the end of the year. I'm returning to work on cp-proxy on Wednesday. After that reseller support through bless API calls that allows splitting an account to a subordinate as a reseller. Those accounts may be further subdivided because it's a simple recursion problem then. i18n will be the final major feature on target before the end of the year.

@ExonHost said:
    I see you are supporting bacula backup only. Do you have plan for integrating other backup method?

I haven't diverted effort to other approaches because Bacula works and there's a 1-click drop in that automatically configures itself. Backups that work and you can trust they work perfectly is peace of mind.

If you want to do a one-off backup, you can archive shadow/ and info/ where these are an account's data and metadata layers. Some have opted for Borg instead, but the process is the same.

@MechanicWeb said: It is to have something that is accepted widely and lessen admin hours by automation.

ApisCP is developer-first design, which provides significant tooling for automation and differentiation (Ansible, collections, Laravel). Firms that have switched have been thrilled with what ApisCP offers and the ease of customization, but it requires a deep dive to appreciate. Spin up a free 30-day trial and explore yourself!

@fbmy said:
    @nem , You should consider the opinions of other panel operators, it will increase the confidence and comfort of using ApisCP.
    I also hope that ApisCP Development follows the usual panel interface used by end users, as providers have a tough task of convincing their clients to accept using ApisCP.

Most of the chatter goes on in #feature-requests on the ApisCP Discord server. It allows me to storyboard these concerns in real-time and get a feel for the direction someone is going as well as pull in opinions from other panel operators already using ApisCP. Support questions on there are answered within minutes, which helps instill confidence and bolsters community leadership.

ApisCP isn't for everyone, but those who have made the switch - and it fits their business model - are absolutely thrilled with it. Lead, don't follow.

• @nem said: ApisCP is developer-first design, which provides significant tooling for automation and differentiation (Ansible, collections, Laravel). Firms that have switched have been thrilled with what ApisCP offers and the ease of customization, but it requires a deep dive to appreciate. Spin up a free 30-day trial and explore yourself!

The problem is that 99% of "web hosts" don't know their ass from a playbook and just want to curl|bash an insecure script that installs whatever shitpanel they can sell 10000 accounts on.

Thanked by 1nem
  • @hzr said:

@nem said: ApisCP is developer-first design, which provides significant tooling for automation and differentiation (Ansible, collections, Laravel). Firms that have switched have been thrilled with what ApisCP offers and the ease of customization, but it requires a deep dive to appreciate. Spin up a free 30-day trial and explore yourself!

The problem is that 99% of "web hosts" don't know their ass from a playbook and just want to curl|bash an insecure script that installs whatever shitpanel they can sell 10000 accounts on.

The ones that need everything to be open source but have never written a program in their lives :)

Thanked by 1nem
  • Just wrap ansible into instal.sh :)

• @nem said:

@webcraft said:

@webcraft said:

@dedipromo said:
    Also, will it be possible to transfer licenses between accounts?
    Thanks.

Would be interesting, especially for the many (pro??) lifetime licenses generated sometime earlier.

So can these free lifetime licenses (pro edition, right?) be transferred, too?

Yes, they're all reissuable and revokable now within my.apiscp.com. The QA Pro licenses from last year were converted to Pro lifetime licenses in the last licensing portal update.

If I want to add my free license to the panel, how do I do that @nem? Thanks

• Too bad I lost my free key. How much space will this consume? Worth a second look.

edited September 2020

@plumberg said:
    If I want to add my free license to the panel, how do I do that @nem? Thanks

Forward me a copy of your license.pem to [email protected]. I'll shred and it convert it to a reissuable Pro lifetime license via my.apiscp.com.

@MissFortune said:
    Too bad I lost my free key. How much space will this consume? Worth a second look.

A full install occupies 7-10 GB storage whether CentOS 7 or 8. Depending upon how many sites you host (>200), metrics can occupy a few more GB over its lifetime.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 2020

@nem
    Just fired up my VM, after many months and displays 3.1.3-10-g1c6ac04 — Latest version. I've likely missed a previous post but is this upgradable or will it require a re-install?
    (I've registered at my.apiscp.com and reading the documentation, so no need to answer the above. ;) )

"Lifetime Licence": Your license is valid and expires on Sat, 22 Nov 2087 09:24:44 -0600.
    Can/does this require conversion too?
    TIA

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @nem
    Just fired up my VM, after many months and displays 3.1.3-10-g1c6ac04 — Latest version. I've likely missed a previous post but is this upgradable or will it require a re-install?
    (I've registered at my.apiscp.com and reading the documentation, so no need to answer the above. ;) )

"Lifetime Licence": Your license is valid and expires on Sat, 22 Nov 2087 09:24:44 -0600.
    TIA

It can be upgraded, but you'll have quite a number of migrations to replay. Reinstallation will be faster. I test builds on Vultr 2 GB high-frequency nodes, which complete around 45-55 minutes. Nexus Bytes/@seriesn has the observed record for install time at 39 minutes.

Forward me your license to [email protected] before decommissioning the machine so I can convert it to a reissuable license. Those QA licenses from last year cannot be reissued.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
    edited September 2020

@nem said: Reinstallation will be faster.

Aye, I tried to upgrade but things got messy very quickly, so had to restore from backup.
    Reinstalling, using 6 cores to begin with 'cos life's too short. :p

• @nem said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @nem

TIA

It can be upgraded, but you'll have quite a number of migrations to replay. Reinstallation will be faster. I test builds on Vultr 2 GB high-frequency nodes, which complete around 45-55 minutes. Nexus Bytes/@seriesn has the observed record for install time at 39 minutes.

Forward me your license to [email protected] before decommissioning the machine so I can convert it to a reissuable license. Those QA licenses from last year cannot be reissued.

Thanks for the ping @nem ! We also have a beta installer template, that can be enabled upon request :)

Thanked by 1nem
  • @seriesn You just like it 'cos it has a section called Nexus! :p

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @seriesn You just like it 'cos it has a section called Nexus! :p

Not sure how many here remembers/would know what this gif is though :wink:

Reminder, there's 48 hours left on this sale. Sale ends October 1. Thanks to all who have made the switch so far!

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@nem said: ApisCP is developer-first design, which provides significant tooling for automation and differentiation (Ansible, collections, Laravel). Firms that have switched have been thrilled with what ApisCP offers and the ease of customization, but it requires a deep dive to appreciate. Spin up a free 30-day trial and explore yourself!

I hear what you are saying. ApisCP has my interest and I would love to try it out in future.

Meanwhile, keep up the good work.

Thanked by 1nem
    edited September 2020

@nem Thanks for your help in updating the licence.
    ( Using 6 cores didn't make any odds to the installation time - just over an hour - as it only peaked around 30% CPU. My Proxmox dedi is on slow rust, which doesn't help, though wasn't heavily disc bound.)

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2020

EDIT:
    Well, i bought it so far, spend quite a bit of time on not getting it working as advertised (due to out of date/wrong/misleading documentation and unexpected behaviour.)

so far this has been a waste of time.

Then i got salty and wrote a 2 part post about various issues i had.

in retrospect, a post like this doesnt do anyone, any good. neiter me - or nem,... hence i have removed this posts content.

edited September 2020

EDIT: This was part two of a very salty post. Mods: feel free to remove it.

@SGraf said:

Related to PowerDNS clustering which is now a bit easier to setup :)

It’s not every day you deal with a nasty landlord unceremoniously raising licensing costs again. Sale has been extended 72 hours to give everyone an opportunity to evaluate ApisCP. Pay a one-time cost per licensed server and reduce your burgeoning third-party licensing costs!

@nem said:

@SGraf said:

Related to PowerDNS clustering which is now a bit easier to setup :)

I do have to say, now that it looks like stuff is working as intended (and the docs actually now reflect how it works), its a nice product.

So i am revising my experience from a 2/10 to 8/10 because the issues i discovered got worked thru in a fast and timely manner (once recognized as issues).

Thanked by 1nem
  • @nem Please make a more user friendly gui for the basic user needs,as it is in da.
    The panel is sure very powerfull,but not that user friendly to to quick tasks.

• jhjh Member

@suricloud said:
    @nem Please make a more user friendly gui for the basic user needs,as it is in da.

I am not a huge fan of DA's GUI. I actually prefer APISCP although I think it could do with some colour.

Thanked by 1nem
  • MissFortuneMissFortune Member
    edited October 2020

@suricloud said:
    The panel is sure very powerful, but not that user friendly to to quick tasks.

Agreed! Just a few more tweaks to the design, and it should be better.

Thanked by 2suricloud NanoG6
  • Hey,
    I just saw today this offer. :neutral:

@suricloud said:
    @nem Please make a more user friendly gui for the basic user needs,as it is in da.

I'd need to know what your needs are in order to evaluate whether it's sensible. Not everything is worth the time to implement and too much noise lends itself to decision paralysis. For every design element that makes it into the UI that's another element(s) whose place it takes.

@jh said:
    I am not a huge fan of DA's GUI. I actually prefer APISCP although I think it could do with some colour.

If you know a little Bootstrap you can roll your own using its theme SDK. There's a very generic blue-hued theme planned for a future release once things slow down.

@tonz said:
    Hey,
    I just saw today this offer. :neutral:

Extended until October 4 due to the abrupt announcement by cPanel and Plesk. :+1: