Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Running Ghost Blog - Looking for provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Running Ghost Blog - Looking for provider

zenkizenki Member
edited September 2020 in Requests

Hi,

I want to run my own personal blog (I'm a student).
I know how to set it up, but I would prefer some in-built app/installer, like what Digitalocean has for Ghost.

IPv6 Required!
Can any providers do this?

Comments

• the only one i know of is https://hostineer.com/, never tried them before though, but they use apiscp which is what i am using to set up my ghost blog.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@HyperK9 said:
    Hi,

I know how to set it up, but I would prefer some in-built app/installer, like what Digitalocean has for Ghost.

IPv6 Required!

Hi,

We can install it for you, IPv6 is natively supported,
    Starts at £5.5 upgrade as u need
    Look here: https://webhorizon.in/clients/order/main/index/nat
    Let me know if any questions.

Regards

• @HyperK9 said:
    Hi,

IPv6 Required!

https://www.turnkeylinux.org/ghost - You can use the iso with any provider that allows custom iso upload.

We can help if you are interested :)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2020

Get a vps, install from the tutorial onLine.

Better yet

Save money sign up with Google cloud Platform one year free, use one of the ghost images.
    You may have to look up on ipv6.

@seriesn wasnt aware of this option cool

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @vyas11 said: one year free,

Unfortunately they changed it, now its 3 months, sad days, still free tho.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • lokuzardlokuzard Member
    edited September 2020

@vyas11 said:
    Get a vps, install from the tutorial onLine.

Better yet

Save money sign up with Google cloud Platform one year free, use one of the ghost images.
    You may have to look up on ipv6.

@seriesn wasnt aware of this option cool

May I also suggest Microsoft Azure? You get a $100 credit to try things out and an always-free services for a year AFAIK (Which also could be renewed if I'm not mistaken), it's included in the GitHub Student Developer Pack, instant activation and no credit card required.
    EDIT: Why not just go with Digital Ocean? You get a free $50 credit from the same GitHub pack, though you'll need a credit card to for this one (DO won't accept prepaid cards BTW).

• Hello,

If you are interested in a simple VPS that just works, I can offer you VPS Linux from hosterlabs.net, we are working on making very extensive documentations for each problem, and tutorials for everything. So maybe what you need will get prioritized and published as a tutorial :).

Anyways, you can check our Linux KVM VPS from 4$/month which is for higher performance or our OpenVZ Linux starting at 2.99$/month which are for basically low IO/CPU/RAM usage.

https://hosterlabs.net/panel/

Best regards!

• I probably will go with a VPS from a provider, or run one from my own colo. Thanks for the offers

• hemantahemanta Member
    edited October 2020

bloggingbig.com spam scam fraud spam scam fraud spam scam fraud theft affiliate fraud

• jonathajonatha Member
    edited October 2020

I am the same as you, I started using nexusbyte free hosting but reduced the resources then go to vps with cloudron(ghost and nextcloud) but needs 1gb of memory at least with 2gb swap.

• Most directadmin shared hosts with cloudlinux can do it. Be cheaper and less maintenance.

• S4_JohnS4_John Member
    edited October 2020

We've been working on setting up a Ghost hosting service, because there seems to be more and more demand for it recently, and also because we love Ghost. Compared to any other blog/cms the editor is just a pleasure to write in.

We haven't updated our site and pricing page with it yet, but we've done a lot of playing around and testing and optimising and we are ready to launch it.

Pricing will be the same as our other hosting offers, but we will pre-install node.js and Ghost for you.

• I think Gandi.net it is an excellent provider if you need to deploy Ghost (blogging). As well their customer support is very responsive.