Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap IPMI/KVM Dedicated Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap IPMI/KVM Dedicated Servers

Looking for ideas about the cheapest dedicated(bare hardware) servers available, ideally under 30 USD a month, with some sort of always available remote management(IPMI/KVM). The usual cheap dedi suspects like OVH(SYS, Kimsufi), online.net(scaleway), and Hetzner1 don't supply IPMI on anything less than 30 USD as far as I can see. I do know about metadedi but nothing about IPMI is listed so it isn't super helpful.

So far I'm looking at a Reprise Hosting server as it seems to be one of the cheapest I've seen with always available IPMI at 22.45 USD, but I'd greatly appreciate any other options you guys might know about.

Don't care about location, but I'm assuming only North America and Europe are relevant for this request.
Don't really care about hardware specs either, but at least a CPU from the last decade would be nice.

Thank you for reading to the end :)

1. I do know Hetzner will loan you a Spider KVM for some hours on request, but I'd like always available ↩︎

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If you’re ok with annual payments, https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale/ we have some stuff in your budget!

Secured IPMI access is included With all of them.

Thanked by 1Setsura
  • @Clouvider said:
    If you’re ok with annual payments, https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale/ we have some stuff in your budget!

Secured IPMI access is included With all of them.

I would personally prefer monthly/quarterly, probably should have put that in the OP. It is however worth considering anyway for my needs, and on a great network with you guys, I'll keep it in mind thank you :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Clouvider and SeFlow if non-monthly billing is an option, otherwise TNAHosting and Reprise Hosting.

• You have semi-permanent (several hours at a time) IPMI access on 11€/mth Online servers (i3-2100/i3-540) and above.

• @Shot2 said:
    You have semi-permanent (several hours at a time) IPMI access on 11€/mth Online servers (i3-2100/i3-540) and above.

Any links to these servers?

• @Shot2 said:
    You have semi-permanent (several hours at a time) IPMI access on 11€/mth Online servers (i3-2100/i3-540) and above.

Don't see those models available anywhere, including oneprovider, and I'm looking for permanent IPMI anyway.

@AC_Fan said:
    Clouvider and SeFlow if non-monthly billing is an option, otherwise TNAHosting and Reprise Hosting.

Didn't know about TNAHosting thank you.

• TNAHostingTNAHosting Member, Patron Provider

We still have a few of the E3-1230v2 systems from our recent offer available. 16GB RAM / 1TB HDD / IPMI for $24/m. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Thanked by 1Setsura
  • @plumberg said:

@Shot2 said:

Any links to these servers?

OneProvider (reseller of Online stuff), Paris.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

Just so i can see if i have some matching hardware and can craft you an offer in .eu...

Please give us some preferences:

• Network (Port+Data Volume/Transfer)
    • HW-Specs (How much Storage and Ram do you want)
    Thanked by 1Setsura
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited September 2020

@SGraf said:
    Just so i can see if i have some matching hardware and can craft you an offer in .eu...

Please give us some preferences:

• Network (Port+Data Volume/Transfer)
    • HW-Specs (How much Storage and Ram do you want)

100mbps port is fine, 10TB bandwidth ideal, but less is fine, I see you do 5TB standard on many things which would work for me.
    Hardware, don't really care, 4GB(or more) ram, 120GB(or more) SSD disk is preferred, but I can live with a 1TB hard drive too. CPU I don't care as long as it is from the last decade and better than an average smartphone processor. Thank you :)

P.S. I'm looking for this sort of thing in multiple locations, so any providers that have something please feel free to offer thank you.

edited September 2020

@Setsura said:
    100mbps port is fine, ... 5TB ... would work for me.
    Hardware, don't really care, 4GB(or more) ram, 120GB(or more) SSD disk is preferred, but I can live with a 1TB hard drive too. CPU I don't care as long as it is from the last decade and better than an average smartphone processor. Thank you :)

i will have to see, as the main issue with the price-point (at least for me, is the cost for the physical rackspace. I will go look thru my "scrap hardware" pile tomorrow to see if i can offer you anything. (no promises)

Thanked by 1Setsura
  • @SGraf said:

@Setsura said:
    100mbps port is fine, ... 5TB ... would work for me.

i will have to see, as the main issue with the price-point (at least for me, is the cost for the physical rackspace. I will go look thru my "scrap hardware" pile tomorrow to see if i can offer you anything. (no promises)

I understand, Austria is generally an expensive location. In general for this request I wasn't expecting any special locations like that, I was just expecting generic DE/FR/US stuff. Feel free to not bother, I don't want to put you out over something I may not keep long term anyway :)

edited September 2020

Since i just wrote this to someone else. ... I know that the guys at dacentec have a 10% off promo code (1 per client) if you sign up for their mailing list. So there is something to take a look at. as it pushes their E3-1220 16GB 2x2TB RTO down to $36.

Downside is that they (like a lot) of budget providers just put the ipmi on a public ip address. So that has security implications...

Thanked by 1Setsura