Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email not working properly Direct Admin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email not working properly Direct Admin

Hi, recently I got a reseller package. He has a provider tag here. Anyway I am trying to setup an email account because I want to use my domain as a support contact.

On DA (User view) I click Email Accounts and created "[email protected]" I set up the mailbox max limit 500MB. I add some sfp/txt, dmarc, dkim to my cloudflare and I tested the email health using the mail-tester.com in which I got a 10/10 score. I tried sending some test emails to my gmail account and other email address and everything works. I can send without a problem.

Now, I wrote some sample message using my Gmail account and sent to my "[email protected]" thinking everything is okay. Sadly gmail was not able to send an email to my support domain email. Gmail says that there is an error. See image

I gmail says 550 authentication required.

Why does Gmail need to authenticate to connect the mail server? I really thought that mail servers only check if SMTP/MTA has open ports and ready to accept emails. Am I wrong?

Not sure what to do. I need your help guys. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Is local mail delivery checkbox selected in MX settings page (user-level)?

• whoa, did not see that one. It was unchecked.

[Options]
    Use this server to handle my e-mails. If not, change the MX records and uncheck this option.

I check that option after reading your comment. This should be check by default right? Anyway. That was a quick fix. Thanks @smtalk . You are better support than my provider hahaha they did not even ask for that. Charge to experience.

Thanked by 1smtalk
  • @jeorlie said: This should be check by default right?

Yes, that's the default, not sure why it was unchecked on your user-level :smile:

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@jeorlie smtalk is one of the guy behind DA, or I should say he is the guy behind DA most of the time. ;) So obviously he knows inside-out about DA.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • really @Saahib ? I did not know @smtalk is one people behind DA haha. It is now working. thanks guys.