Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


EurekaHost - Who exactly are they?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

EurekaHost - Who exactly are they?

Hi guys,

This deal is floating around the tech sites:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/eurekahost-unlimited-plan-lifetime-subscription?utm_campaign=feed&utm_medium=RSS&utm_source=www

I can't find anything about EurekaHost and the domain eurekahost.com is up for sale. I think I found a reference to that address on some review site, but nothing else. I'm just curious is all.

Is this another deadpool scammer? :o

Where words fail, music speaks. (Hans Christian Andersen)
Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative. (HG Wells)

Comments

  • Also curious about this. I can’t even easily find a website for them. I want to say I’ve SEEN Eureka stuff before (like a 404 etc) but can’t exactly remember.

  • When I search their name, the top results are the Stacksocial page, as well as this actual LowEndTalk form post. If this form post is higher in the search results then their actual website, that seems like a huge red flag to me.

    Thanked by 1mrTom

    Free NAT VPS at MicroLXC

  • Agree, seems a bit fishy.

    Where words fail, music speaks. (Hans Christian Andersen)
    Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative. (HG Wells)

  • That sound about as good as buying hosting from eBay.

  • @t0ny0 said:
    That sound about as good as buying hosting from eBay.

    Yes, that's exactly what it sounds like. They seem to have EurekaDrive as well
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-eureka-hosting-storage-lifetimesubscription-bundle

    Apart from a self storage provider in Kansas, a search brings up nothing for that as well.

    Where words fail, music speaks. (Hans Christian Andersen)
    Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative. (HG Wells)

  • jarjar Provider
    edited September 2020

    No website just a panel: https://app.eurekahost.io/

    Page title “Laravel”

    The cpanel they’re selling is HostGator: https://gsf.websitewelcome.com:2083/

    This is seriously a HostGator reseller. This is the worst thing I’ve seen make it through StackSocial and it instantly tanks their credibility. I’m not saying they are incredibly above board but they’ve always been above this in my eyes. I’m really glad to have paid $39 to put this on blast. May it ensure that others don’t.

    Let's be clear here. HostGator promos are temporary. HG reseller is 140GB + 1400GB BW @ $24.95/m and that's if you pay for 36 months up front, otherwise it's $59.95/m. Such small reseller packages could result in EurekaHost fitting less than 50 customers into a single plan before having to branch out into a second account. This house of cards is absolutely a pump and dump scheme.

    "Note that Romania has laws agains all the illegal activities just like US, including copyright. Is not the Dracula's country or no man's land as you thought." - Random email from someone I don't know, about nothing I've done or said

  • I was search through namesilo to find what extensions that unavailable. Found eurekahost.io but it doesnt load correctly. Then I go to dnsdumpster.com and yeah there it is, app.eurekahost.io.
    There's nothing more I can found so I stop my curiousity. I guess sooner or later somebody can find who really they are.

    But..

    @jar said: paid $39

    I wasn't expecting someone really buy it :confounded:

    Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Provider

    @Coffee said: I wasn't expecting someone really buy it

    Sometimes you gotta take one for the team :joy:

    "Note that Romania has laws agains all the illegal activities just like US, including copyright. Is not the Dracula's country or no man's land as you thought." - Random email from someone I don't know, about nothing I've done or said

  • @jar said:

    @Coffee said: I wasn't expecting someone really buy it

    Sometimes you gotta take one for the team :joy:

    :D

    Thanked by 1jar

    Where words fail, music speaks. (Hans Christian Andersen)
    Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative. (HG Wells)

  • @jar said:
    No website just a panel: https://app.eurekahost.io/

    Page title “Laravel”

    The cpanel they’re selling is HostGator: https://gsf.websitewelcome.com:2083/

    This is seriously a HostGator reseller. This is the worst thing I’ve seen make it through StackSocial and it instantly tanks their credibility. I’m not saying they are incredibly above board but they’ve always been above this in my eyes. I’m really glad to have paid $39 to put this on blast. May it ensure that others don’t.

    Let's be clear here. HostGator promos are temporary. HG reseller is 140GB + 1400GB BW @ $24.95/m and that's if you pay for 36 months up front, otherwise it's $59.95/m. Such small reseller packages could result in EurekaHost fitting less than 50 customers into a single plan before having to branch out into a second account. This house of cards is absolutely a pump and dump scheme.

    I've had some great deals there, so yes, not all junk. Shame they let their guard down with this one. You can't blame Covid for everything. :#

    Thanked by 1jar

    Where words fail, music speaks. (Hans Christian Andersen)
    Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative. (HG Wells)

  • jarjar Provider

    I've been having a little fun with it, mostly just to try to convince stacksocial that they should restore my faith in them and delist it. Some more fun:

    Their contact link: https://app.eurekahost.io/home# (Just redirects to panel)
    Their privacy policy link: https://eurekahost.io/privacy
    Their terms of service link: https://eurekahost.io/terms

    "Note that Romania has laws agains all the illegal activities just like US, including copyright. Is not the Dracula's country or no man's land as you thought." - Random email from someone I don't know, about nothing I've done or said

  • Thank you for sharing them. Greetings from Russia.

  • This deal is not good. very misleading offer from stack social. The unlimited plan comes with unlimited domains and sub-domains but only one 1 gig storage. I asked if I can upgrade the storage all they said it was " you can't " their website is eurekahost.io found it after I bought te deal 🤦

    Thanked by 3jar sandanista JasonM
  • EUREKA HOST .- I do not recommend this product at all, I paid $60, it is a terrible service, the page does not load and if you are lucky, it does not allow you to modify anything because the page crashes.

  • valkvalk Member

    @jlarriega said:
    EUREKA HOST .- I do not recommend this product at all, I paid $60, it is a terrible service, the page does not load and if you are lucky, it does not allow you to modify anything because the page crashes.

    Duh yet another necro, signed up just to necro this thread

  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited August 25

    WTF, did the eurekahost vanished?
    the above link: https://eurekahost.io/privacy
    now forwards to joyworks.io with selling totally different product!

Sign In or Register to comment.