Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Kimsufi flashsale ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Kimsufi flashsale ?

Let's try again ... how long has it been since the last flash sale of Kimsufi ?

In general: I have the impression there were more flashsales from all kind of providers in the past ? Or am I wrong ?

«1

Comments

  • still waiting for them o:)

  • they've been sold out more or less quite a few times recently, I dont think there is any incentive for KS to do any kind of sale unless they add some more inventory to their lines, which given the age of the hardware seems unlikely.

  • @Adam1 said:
    they've been sold out more or less quite a few times recently, I dont think there is any incentive for KS to do any kind of sale unless they add some more inventory to their lines, which given the age of the hardware seems unlikely.

    I have the impression there seems more stock (on most models) lately than there was before ...

  • NeoonNeoon Member
    edited September 2020

    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1901sk21 ok

    Intel i5-2300
    4c/4t @ 2.8GHz
    16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
    2T

    12.99 + VAT + 9.99 SETUP + VAT

  • i3-2130 (1974), 8GB, 2TB HDD, Unlimited @ 100Mbit for 8.99€ in Beauharnois, Canada. Order: https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1804sk181

  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider

    Indeed @Neoon
    KS-7 in BHS (40% off)
    KS-10 in FR (30% off)

    recurring offers

    Till 28th september 2PM GMT

    Thanked by 2Sanjue007 LightBlade

    OVH - Dedicated Servers / Cloud

  • @ninzo59 said:
    Indeed @Neoon
    KS-7 in BHS (40% off)
    KS-10 in FR (30% off)

    recurring offers

    Till 28th september 2PM GMT

    is KS7 Identical with KS3c ? the spec sure looks the same. Are they the same ? how is kimsufi naming things anyway ?

  • NicholasOXINicholasOXI Member, Provider

    @yokowasis said:

    @ninzo59 said:
    Indeed @Neoon
    KS-7 in BHS (40% off)
    KS-10 in FR (30% off)

    recurring offers

    Till 28th september 2PM GMT

    is KS7 Identical with KS3c ? the spec sure looks the same. Are they the same ? how is kimsufi naming things anyway ?

    Hello, I'm not sure about the KS7/KS3C but the KS10 once was the KS4C (as the sale link they've activated is from 2019 when it was branded as the KS4C) and the sale link for the KS7 seems to be the one from 2018 so definitely not new sales; just existing ones repeated over and over again - the same with SoYouStart.

    Oxide Hosting - Affordable Website Hosting and Virtual Private Servers (VPS') in Gravelines, France and Montreal, Canada; starting from £2.99/month (GBP).

  • Yea, KS7 is the old KS3C, KS10 is KS4, they just renamed it.

  • JamesFJamesF Member, Provider

    @ninzo59 a bit off topic, but will OVH be giving higher CPU VPS's please?

  • 100mbit lol

    Welcome to 2005

    Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6". My geekbench results. I haz BuyVM, HostHatch, OneProv, ServaRica, Veesp.

  • @Shot2 said:
    100mbit lol

    Welcome to 2005

    you want to pay 10 bucks for dedicated server and wants to be 2030? lol .. :)

    Thanked by 1Roldan
  • Thanks, I was hoping for one of the 2x2 TB drives though ...

  • Waiting the old OVH/SyS/Kimsufi where we didnt had to pay setup fees since they are completely automatic. LOL

  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

    any of this the i5-3xxx or better?

  • @hzr said:
    any of this the i5-3xxx or better?

    Well, if you are lucky, in CA your i3 can be upgraded to an i5-xxxxS.
    However, FR you likely end up with an i5-2300

  • @Maluquinho69 said:
    Waiting the old OVH/SyS/Kimsufi where we didnt had to pay setup fees since they are completely automatic. LOL

    This and SyS prices havent been competitive for a long time now if you factor in everything.

    hm. I've lost a machine.. literally lost. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  • @Neoon said:
    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1901sk21 ok

    Intel i5-2300
    4c/4t @ 2.8GHz
    16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
    2T

    12.99 + VAT + 9.99 SETUP + VAT

    not that great
    I have exactly the same kimsufi server and I'm paying 10.99 for it.

  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

    @Neoon said: Well, if you are lucky, in CA your i3 can be upgraded to an i5-xxxxS.

    Are you sure that's the 7 and not the 10?

  • @hzr said:

    @Neoon said: Well, if you are lucky, in CA your i3 can be upgraded to an i5-xxxxS.

    Are you sure that's the 7 and not the 10?

    I have one of these, where I pay for an i3 but got an i5, so yes.

  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

    Damn. Guess I am not lucky several times in a row

  • @Neoon said: I have one of these, where I pay for an i3 but got an i5

    @hzr - I guess I've been lucky as well. From a previous sale, I have an I5-3570s and an I5-2400 and the price was actually only ~ €10 / month.

    I'm hanging to them only because despite the 100Mbit NICs, they provide very consistent and reliable network throughput (at a steady 11 MB/s) pretty much on demand.

  • NeoonNeoon Member
    edited September 2020

    @hzr said:
    Damn. Guess I am not lucky several times in a row

    Well, some people even end up with 1 gig downlink.
    In the end its a gamble.

  • @Neoon said: end up with 1 gig downlink.

    Is that temporary and gets fixed or is it that it remains a 1G link (and only one side is it?).

    Man, a KS with a 250Mbps+ link (preferably symmetric) will probably be a lifetime deal!

  • @nullnothere said:

    @Neoon said: end up with 1 gig downlink.

    Is that temporary and gets fixed or is it that it remains a 1G link (and only one side is it?).

    Man, a KS with a 250Mbps+ link (preferably symmetric) will probably be a lifetime deal!

    Likely a switch or such upgraded and they left the default settings.
    However, it does not look like, they care to reconfigure it.

  • @serv_ee said:

    @Maluquinho69 said:
    Waiting the old OVH/SyS/Kimsufi where we didnt had to pay setup fees since they are completely automatic. LOL

    This and SyS prices havent been competitive for a long time now if you factor in everything.

    It's been a while since I was in the market - are there other companies in the under $20/mo dedicated space, or are you saying the value isn't there due to the aging hardware provided?

  • @badreligion said:

    @serv_ee said:

    @Maluquinho69 said:
    Waiting the old OVH/SyS/Kimsufi where we didnt had to pay setup fees since they are completely automatic. LOL

    This and SyS prices havent been competitive for a long time now if you factor in everything.

    It's been a while since I was in the market - are there other companies in the under $20/mo dedicated space, or are you saying the value isn't there due to the aging hardware provided?

    The sub $20 is Kimsufi. SyS is a whole other story. The offerings arent really that good in my personal opinion when I compare it to Hetzner/Auction

    Thanked by 1badreligion

    hm. I've lost a machine.. literally lost. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  • @serv_ee said:

    @badreligion said:

    @serv_ee said:

    @Maluquinho69 said:
    Waiting the old OVH/SyS/Kimsufi where we didnt had to pay setup fees since they are completely automatic. LOL

    This and SyS prices havent been competitive for a long time now if you factor in everything.

    It's been a while since I was in the market - are there other companies in the under $20/mo dedicated space, or are you saying the value isn't there due to the aging hardware provided?

    The sub $20 is Kimsufi. SyS is a whole other story. The offerings arent really that good in my personal opinion when I compare it to Hetzner/Auction

    Especially because 250mbit at those prices is a joke, and OVH promised a doubling of SYS bandwidth in like, 2018?

  • @nonissue said:

    @serv_ee said:

    @badreligion said:

    @serv_ee said:

    @Maluquinho69 said:
    Waiting the old OVH/SyS/Kimsufi where we didnt had to pay setup fees since they are completely automatic. LOL

    This and SyS prices havent been competitive for a long time now if you factor in everything.

    It's been a while since I was in the market - are there other companies in the under $20/mo dedicated space, or are you saying the value isn't there due to the aging hardware provided?

    The sub $20 is Kimsufi. SyS is a whole other story. The offerings arent really that good in my personal opinion when I compare it to Hetzner/Auction

    Especially because 250mbit at those prices is a joke, and OVH promised a doubling of SYS bandwidth in like, 2018?

    That's one big factor but also hardware wise they are not really offering anything I can't get cheaper from hetzner. And don't get me started on their support lol

    hm. I've lost a machine.. literally lost. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  • In case somebody wants to have more details, mine was:

    Intel i5-2300 / 4c/4t @ 2.8GHz /16GB DDR3 1333 MHz /2T
    12.99 + VAT + 9.99 SETUP + VAT

    I received an i5-2400 ( very minor upgrade), 100Mbps (no upgrade), 2TB disk (model HUS726020ALA610) HGST Ultrastar® 7K6000.

  • @Bob_v2 said:
    In case somebody wants to have more details, mine was:

    Intel i5-2300 / 4c/4t @ 2.8GHz /16GB DDR3 1333 MHz /2T
    12.99 + VAT + 9.99 SETUP + VAT

    I received an i5-2400 ( very minor upgrade), 100Mbps (no upgrade), 2TB disk (model HUS726020ALA610) HGST Ultrastar® 7K6000.

    i5-2300 has passmark of 3343, i5-2400 has passmark of 3793, so like 14% more CPU power

    How many hours on your HDD though? Also, Do you know how I run test to check for fault in HDD/RAM maybe? Thanks

  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

    @ps20090 said: Do you know how I run test to check for fault in HDD/RAM maybe? Thanks

    Boot into rescue, memtest/smartmon is built in.

  • @ps20090 said:

    @Bob_v2 said:
    In case somebody wants to have more details, mine was:

    Intel i5-2300 / 4c/4t @ 2.8GHz /16GB DDR3 1333 MHz /2T
    12.99 + VAT + 9.99 SETUP + VAT

    I received an i5-2400 ( very minor upgrade), 100Mbps (no upgrade), 2TB disk (model HUS726020ALA610) HGST Ultrastar® 7K6000.

    i5-2300 has passmark of 3343, i5-2400 has passmark of 3793, so like 14% more CPU power

    How many hours on your HDD though? Also, Do you know how I run test to check for fault in HDD/RAM maybe? Thanks

    When the machine gets delivered, there is a PDF attached, Kimsufi already tested the hardware.

  • SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited September 2020

    Well, if you are lucky, in CA your i3 can be upgraded ...

    Last year, instead of an i3 2130, I get an i3-3240 and a HDD with 40 hours !

    :D Cyclothymic :disappointed:

  • @ps20090 said:

    How many hours on your HDD though? Also, Do you know how I run test to check for fault in HDD/RAM maybe? Thanks

    5917 hours so around 250 days... pretty low for an enterprise grade disk.

  • matlagmatlag Member
    edited September 2020

    Ordered my KS7 yesterday and 120secs later... nothing. I got email confirmation my order was placed but I'm actually still waiting. Hope this won't end up a a bad surprise, the KS7 is still listed available within 120secs as of this morning (QC time).

    EDIT: Actually the issue was on my end. I added the payment method AFTER ordering and so it was not used automatically. The system was waiting for my payment and sure enough, I have now my KS7 ready to roll!

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Pretty much half of OP's thread history is regarding Kimsufi flashsale.

    Kinda feel sorry for the dude and it's also kinda sad?

    "Jarland is stupid."

  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator
    edited September 2020

    @matlag said: EDIT: Actually the issue was on my end. I added the payment method AFTER ordering and so it was not used automatically. The system was waiting for my payment and sure enough, I have now my KS7 ready to roll!

    I have to admit OVH is an oddball for payments. I've had servers autoterminated because of no payment (on ovh.com, not KS / SYS), while there was a credit card added to the account. It feels like half of OVH services are autobilling and half of OVH services are "click this renew.cgi url every month, can't add a card, sorry, just pay one-time every month or pay 12 months at a time"

    You'd also imagine that it would automatically capture payment off the only payment method you have added to an account specifically authorised for billing but...?

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    The issue with OVH is that their billing system remains in 60s.

    Thanked by 1OhJohn

    "Jarland is stupid."

  • @boernd said:

    @Neoon said:
    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1901sk21 ok

    Intel i5-2300
    4c/4t @ 2.8GHz
    16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
    2T

    12.99 + VAT + 9.99 SETUP + VAT

    not that great
    I have exactly the same kimsufi server and I'm paying 10.99 for it.

    @boernd - How did you manage to get it for €10.99 ? - Was that an old offer ?

    I have the same offer as above when I purchased it in April 2019.

  • @happyman said:

    @boernd said:

    @Neoon said:
    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1901sk21 ok

    Intel i5-2300
    4c/4t @ 2.8GHz
    16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
    2T

    12.99 + VAT + 9.99 SETUP + VAT

    not that great
    I have exactly the same kimsufi server and I'm paying 10.99 for it.

    @boernd - How did you manage to get it for €10.99 ? - Was that an old offer ?

    Yes, purchased in June 2016

    Thanked by 1happyman
  • @hzr said: I've had servers autoterminated because of no payment (on ovh.com, not KS / SYS), while there was a credit card added to the account.

    I had similar with paypal, I added funds but they wont autorenew with the funds, i have to renew manually, paying with the balance.

  • Hope they have a flash sale soon again :-)

  • @wii747 said:
    Hope they have a flash sale soon again :-)

    Their KS-07 flash sale from 2018 is still live:

    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1804sk181

    Thanked by 1Erisa
  • wii747wii747 Member
    edited January 26

    @CyberneticTitan said:

    @wii747 said:
    Hope they have a flash sale soon again :-)

    Their KS-07 flash sale from 2018 is still live:

    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1804sk181

    interesting, would perfer EU server but thanks for that info I have ordered it :smile:

  • I wrote a telegram bot to check ks-02. It has been running every 5 minutes since two months. Still nothing but I have a hope. :)

  • @ederlezi said:
    I wrote a telegram bot to check ks-02. It has been running every 5 minutes since two months. Still nothing but I have a hope. :)

    server hunter discord / metadedi discord bots, give me a notification of ks-01 a couple of times a week

    Thanked by 1ederlezi
  • @ServerNotFound said:

    @ederlezi said:
    I wrote a telegram bot to check ks-02. It has been running every 5 minutes since two months. Still nothing but I have a hope. :)

    server hunter discord / metadedi discord bots, give me a notification of ks-01 a couple of times a week

    Thanks, I have two ks-01.

  • @ServerNotFound said:

    @ederlezi said:
    I wrote a telegram bot to check ks-02. It has been running every 5 minutes since two months. Still nothing but I have a hope. :)

    server hunter discord / metadedi discord bots, give me a notification of ks-01 a couple of times a week

    how do I join the group for notifactions?

  • AmplificatorAmplificator Member, Provider
    edited January 27

    What do people use servers like the KS1 for? I'm genuinely asking, as the resources are so low that getting basically any regular VPS would seem like a better choice?

    KS1 gets a CPU passmark score of a measly 222 points.

    Thanked by 1webcraft

    DuelHost.dk : 20FOR30 YEARLY - LINK

Sign In or Register to comment.