Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
OVH Customer Support, Response Time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

OVH Customer Support, Response Time

alexgoldalexgold Member
edited September 8 in Help

Hi,
I rented a dedicated server two days ago from ovh - but the wrong dedicated server (if its matter, also with one year of commitment).

After the purchase, I saw that the specs of the server were incorrect And that I accidentally rented a different server than I wanted (I did not even connect to SSH.). I opened 10 minutes after created a support ticket.

I requested a cancellation request on Sunday morning so I could rent the right server. And I still have not received an answer, when will I receive?

Thanks!

Comments

  • edited September 8

    Contact OVH by phone :smile:

    Thanked by 1catatonic

    A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.baubus.uk
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, HostHatch, HostSailor, HostSolutions, InceptionHosting, LiteServer, MaxKVM, MrVM, ServaRICA, VirMach.

  • Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk. Your call is important to us, please wait while i attempt to connect you to an agent...

    Your patience is appreciated, unfortunately all agents are currently busy, you will be forwarded to our voice mail box and one of our agents will attempt to call you back as soon as possible.

  • @chocolateshirt said:

    @alexgold said:
    Hi,
    I rented a dedicated server two days ago from ovh - but the wrong dedicated server (if its matter, also with one year of commitment).

    After the purchase, I saw that the specs of the server were incorrect And that I accidentally rented a different server than I wanted (I did not even connect to SSH.). I opened 10 minutes after created a support ticket.

    I requested a cancellation request on Sunday morning so I could rent the right server. And I still have not received an answer, when will I receive?

    Thanks!

    Contact OVH by phone :smile:

    Have you read at all?

  • @alexgold said:

    @chocolateshirt said:

    @alexgold said:
    Hi,
    I rented a dedicated server two days ago from ovh - but the wrong dedicated server (if its matter, also with one year of commitment).

    After the purchase, I saw that the specs of the server were incorrect And that I accidentally rented a different server than I wanted (I did not even connect to SSH.). I opened 10 minutes after created a support ticket.

    I requested a cancellation request on Sunday morning so I could rent the right server. And I still have not received an answer, when will I receive?

    Thanks!

    Contact OVH by phone :smile:

    Have you read at all?

    Have you call them by phone?

    A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.baubus.uk
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, HostHatch, HostSailor, HostSolutions, InceptionHosting, LiteServer, MaxKVM, MrVM, ServaRICA, VirMach.

  • I remeber my first ticket took 4 days. OVH APAC.

    "Across the Great Wall we can reach every corner of the world"

  • @kyaky said:
    I remeber my first ticket took 4 days. OVH APAC.

    Always the same person, Meghana :p (if you are lucky enough to have a reply :# )

  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 8

    Call them or make an incident type ticket..

    If you do a generic ticket, it will never be answered.

    If its more advanced stuff, don't even bother making a ticket. Its much easier to get support via their twitter or mailing lists for that stuff.

  • 2 of my OVH servers went down. First one took 4 days to reply, and another week and a half to get back up, the second one took 2 and a half weeks to get back up, and in the end, they claimed there was no downtime. This is for OVH APAC.

    You can't even call their phone support anymore since last week, or at least for me.

    In OVH FR, they submitted invalid WHOIS details for my domain name, and I sent them a ticket 8 months ago which has still not been replied to. In the end, I just reported them to ICANN, and they did nothing. I just charged back, as I couldn't even modify any details for my domain.

    OVH is honestly a s**tstorm and they need to fix their company.

  • Try to tweet ovh_support_en with cc to olesovhcom , this "might" help.

    :D Cyclothymic :disappointed:

  • mrclownmrclown Member
    edited September 8

    @alexgold which region is your account? Like other explained the issue varies from one another. I have full of doubts you could simply cancel just like that especially with commitment.

    There're a few OVH rep here you could reach out to them.

    signature for rent - ^_^

  • OVH support varies from time to time. I have had 20 minutes replies for some issue while others took two-three days. However, as others have mentioned, try reaching them via phone and explain your issue.

    However, with the commitment. I'm not sure if it's possible to cancel. Maybe they'd refund the server as credits(?)

    I repeat, RAID is not backup | Looking for a developer for your next project? - Hire me

  • @HyperK9 said: OVH is honestly a s**tstorm and they need to fix their company.

    They've become too big to handle issues with their support. Cheap with low-profit margins means poor support in most cases.

    I repeat, RAID is not backup | Looking for a developer for your next project? - Hire me

  • Their response time for my tickets 2-3 days averagely.

  • Thanks for all the answers!
    I tried to call them, they not available via phone also. If it continues like that I will simply cancel the payment.

    Are there OVH resellers that can provide better support than OVH itself?

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

    If you have opened the support ticket and in order to push it to get a quicker response, simply call them and tell that you have a ticket and no one is bothered to reply.

    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • If you have paid in advance, you will not get refund on cancellation.

    For me, OVH response time was generally within 2-3 hours. I do not have anything with OVH anymore though because of their other shit.

  • @HyperK9 said: In OVH FR, they submitted invalid WHOIS details for my domain name, and I sent them a ticket 8 months ago which has still not been replied to. In the end, I just reported them to ICANN, and they did nothing. I just charged back, as I couldn't even modify any details for my domain.

    I have over 500 domains with OVH, it takes them about 2 months to fix issues like failed assignment of a domain. They will send a message every few weeks saying "your issue is being looked at by a technician". Then they eventually fix it and dont even appologise.

    I could probably phone them and get things moved along, I know.

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    I personally feel like having to phone them is so 1980.

    We are in 2020. Emails/tickets should be the primary form of communication. This will make us more socially awkward, for sure.

    The end is nigh.

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • @deank said:
    I personally feel like having to phone them is so 1980.

    We are in 2020. Emails/tickets should be the primary form of communication. This will make us more socially awkward, for sure.

    The end is nigh.

    Not to mention where you're calling from and how complex the issue is your phone bill might as well be as much as you're paying for the server.

    hm. I've lost a machine.. literally lost. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  • darbdarb Member
    edited September 10

    I had a hung OS install once on OVH Canada; six weeks later the problem was resolved when I stopped paying my invoice; OS install was still hung and they were still resolving it.

    OVH support is the biggest freaking joke scam on the face of the earth.

Sign In or Register to comment.