Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK Dedicated server monthly lease & Buying hardware UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK Dedicated server monthly lease & Buying hardware UK

BopieBopie Member
edited September 2020 in Requests

Hello,

So I am looking to buy or lease a dedi in the UK (Must be UK)

Lease:

I do like Cloudviders options of UK with the newer E-2 however what I am looking for is 32 - 64GB ram, 1G connection (10T maybe? I am open to this), 2x512GB SSD/NVMe, CPU is something I would love something newer however must be at minimum 4c/8t 2.5Ghz+ the more cores and faster the better.

Buy:

Now I have found a few servers on eBay that I am very happy with and would buy however thought I would ask here, I am looking for similar spec as above 32/64GB Ram, 2x512GB SSD or SAS 10K or even 4x HDD so long as they are 250GB at minimum, CPU looking at 6/12 E5 with 2.5Ghz minimum however again open to anything, let me know what you have, you will need to ship this but of course, I will pay the difference, payment will have to be via PayPal and I will not send friend and family as I do need some assurance.

Forgot to add this, if leasing I will be using the server as a personal machine, VPN, Web server for my sites, and a few game servers.

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

UKservers.com? Should work fine for both leasing or colocation.
    For hardware you can take a look at: https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk

• @NDTN said:
    UKservers.com? Should work fine for both leasing or colocation.
    For hardware you can take a look at: https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk

UKservers is who I will be CoLocationg with however their lease options are very pricey.

Bargain hardware is where I do get most my hardware from however just wondered if any of the UK hosts had some old hardware they are trying to get rid.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I was wondering if I should buy instead of lease a server, just a bit concerned about spares and hardware failures. I was looking at UKservers for colo.

• Happy to say that I brought a server :) thanks for any replies, @experttechit I personally would rather own the hardware, due to my own experience in the hosting industry, I personally managed to get some older hardware (2/x5650-96GBRam Dellr610) at a great price, £100 and the colo is also cheaper then what I would pay for less spec but newer

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@Bopie, that sounds good! I had a look on the site, but there is so much there... Last time I built a server, my boss bought all the bits and I put it together.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for considering us!

@Bopie said: I do like Cloudviders options of UK with the newer E-2 however what I am looking for is 32 - 64GB ram,

Our servers are customisable, the Xeon E can accommodate up to 128 GB of memory. Let us know if we can help in the future!

• @Bopie said: Happy to say that I brought a server

Where did you bring it from? >:)

• @Clouvider honestly if I was not offered th hardware I got then 100% next option was to contact you.

@AlwaysSkint I got it as old hardware from a dc ;)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • nagugnagug Member
    edited September 2020

@Bopie said:
    Happy to say that I brought a server :)

Where did you chose to colo. possible share the cost range for colo. I am also starting to think in the same lines

• UK servers, I have there colo 100 but with extra power due to the Cpu, cost is £50 a month ex VAT

Thanked by 1nagug
  • @Bopie said:
    UK servers, I have there colo 100 but with extra power due to the Cpu, cost is £50 a month ex VAT

How much power does that include out of curiosity, 1A?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Bopie didnt you leave your clients astray last time? with your previous venture?

• @BharatB said:
    @Bopie didnt you leave your clients astray last time? with your previous venture?

Yup. StockServers and PioHost

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • BopieBopie Member
    edited September 2020

@BharatB Last time, are you insinuating I am doing it again lol, @sanvit Like I have explained, shit went south when they left my hands and I ain't getting into this shit again so all of who want to change the subject go make a fan club and join the queue cus frankly I don't give a shit lol.

@tester4 about that yes honestly I have not really kept eye on power just needed a server quick to replace a few VPS and a few Dedi's at hetzner, the main use in this server will be my VPS for the fact I work from home and wanted a UK DC that was close