Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...now is: Hetzner>OVH(Kimsufi/SoyouStart)>Scaleway(Online.net)>iKoula?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So...now is: Hetzner>OVH(Kimsufi/SoyouStart)>Scaleway(Online.net)>iKoula?

big space √

Unlimited traffic √

low price √

Who can beat them in the next?

Hope that a new player will appear... :#

Comments

• Really? From what I know their network peering is not as good as OVH.

And you can not, ehm, torrent public ISOs..

• Overall, yes, Hetzner is the best, with the only con being limited locations. After that are NetCup, OVH and then the rest (GTHost, ReliableSite etc.) Scaleway and iKoula simply don't have any advantage over the ones mentioned already.

Thanked by 2xiaopigu Hetzner_OL
  • @AC_Fan said:
    Overall, yes, Hetzner is the best, with the only con being limited locations. After that are NetCup, OVH and then the rest (GTHost, ReliableSite etc.) Scaleway and iKoula simply don't have any advantage over the ones mentioned already.

netcup support is 10 am to 6 pm if customer have any emergency then what is the solution.
    are they provide ticket support after 6 pm?

• Well, Hetzner doesn't have core i3, 2TB for $10. in that regards, OVH is better than hetzner.

• @mhosting_in @yokowasis I was thinking at scale, so the 10 dollar dedi with 2TB would be trumped by the ~90 dollar dedi with 40TB, and you wouldn't need to contact support, because NetCup is cheap enough to have failover VMs available, on standby.

For the average VPS user, yes, other hosts might be better suited: NexusBytes and the like for those who want prem support, and OVH for extremely cheap dedis.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited September 2020

Im thinking about moving my web services to Hetzner from Vultr and DigitalOcean. I guess location deosn't really matter when using cloudflare.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @kyaky said:
    Im thinking about moving my web services to Hetzner from Vultr and DigitalOcean. I guess location deosn't really matter when using cloudflare.

Well if you requirement only for serving website, indeed location does not matter as long as you set it behind CF.. but for other purpose location does matter..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@kyaky said:

Well if you requirement only for serving website, indeed location does not matter as long as you set it behind CF.. but for other purpose location does matter..

True, for other services, I'm still using Vultr which gives me the best local VPS option.

• Can you guys frak off with them one word infinite thread names? It breaks the mobile theme for me... Use spaces! @seriesn That goes for you as well. ;)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

OVH now better network wise compare a several years back.

Thanked by 1xiaopigu
  • @xaoc said:
    Can you guys frak off with them one word infinite thread names? It breaks the mobile theme for me... Use spaces! @seriesn That goes for you as well. ;)

Yes. No. Maybe

• @AC_Fan said:
    Overall, yes, Hetzner is the best, with the only con being limited locations.

What is that location? Will help me to choose server while setting up seedbox

• @Merlincool said:

@AC_Fan said:
    Overall, yes, Hetzner is the best, with the only con being limited locations.

Nuremberg and Falkenstein in Germany, and Helsinki in Finland.

• @Merlincool said:

Hetzner provides nodes on only 3 locations:

1- Nuremberg
    2- Falkenstein
    3- Helsinki

Thanked by 1Merlincool
  • @mezoology said:

@Merlincool said:

Hetzner provides nodes on only 3 locations:

1- Nuremberg
    2- Falkenstein
    3- Helsinki

This means I can go with any hetzner centres.

• Depending on your requirements and price point, Online > OVH > Ikoula > Hetzner.

• @Shot2 said:
    Depending on your requirements and price point, Online > OVH > Ikoula > Hetzner.

Lol

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • OVH's IP policy is king. Doesn't really care about location and speed. Since my home network still using ADSL(8mbps).

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Really? From what I know their network peering is not as good as OVH.

OVH network good :#
    love Hetzner price :D

• @Shot2 said:
    Depending on your requirements and price point, Online > OVH > Ikoula > Hetzner.

:#

• Vague question, vague answer, that is.

• @chocolateshirt said:

Finland too?

• @Shot2 said:

Online who?
    I wouldn't even include online.net in the title of this thread.

• iKoula is crap.

Thanked by 1dodheimsgard