Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsolutions.ro - Bye OpenVZ! And hello KVM! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsolutions.ro - Bye OpenVZ! And hello KVM!

124»

Comments

• ofitofit Member
    edited September 2020

@cochon said:

@ofit said:
    After converting, no SWAP ( before 128MB)

you need add swap

The install template for HS doesn't seem to create a default swap partition (not unusual). But as it's now KVM not LXC/OVZ you have full control and can/should create one for yourself (any size you want).

# Initialise swap file
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile count=128 bs=1M
    # Protect it from snooping
    chown root.root /swapfile
    chmod 600 /swapfile
    # Make it into a swap file
    mkswap /swapfile
    # Mount swap file
    swapon /swapfile
    # Make it mounted at reboot
    cp -av /etc/fstab /etc/fstab.bck
    echo /swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0 >> /etc/fstab # Care!! '>>'

thanks. I know that i can create swap but all of this need time. I prefer use providers swap in template. I think any template must have swap, even on small VPS. Because apps close ( example dante proxy) when you use it without swap and small amount of RAM.

• @ofit said:
    I think any template must have swap even small. Because apps close ... when you use it without swap.

No swap is not at all unusual for a KVM template, leaving it up to you how much swap to allocate (none if you want). Under OVZ/LXC swap was something you could NOT change or create yourself, you had to work with what you were given.

• At least you have template now :)

• @ofit said:
    i wanted to get 100Mbit/s per openvpn but without enable AES for CPU do not think that it possible.

I doubt that was possible before on a shared host with openvpn.

• ofitofit Member
    edited September 2020

@TimboJones said:

@ofit said:
    i wanted to get 100Mbit/s per openvpn but without enable AES for CPU do not think that it possible.

You are not rigth. Read my review about this OVZ VPS here https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157696/review-of-hostsolutions-small-vps. OVZ VPS did not have any problem with CPU or AES.

• @ofit said:

@TimboJones said:

@ofit said:

You are not rigth. Read my review about this OVZ VPS here https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157696/review-of-hostsolutions-small-vps. OVZ VPS did not have any problem with CPU or AES.

Tell me what I'm missing:

OpenVPN AES128+SHA256 (Angristan OpenVPN Script)
    Single Connection 40 - 60 Mbits/s / 25 Mbits/s
    Multi Connection 70 - 90 Mbits/s / 35 Mbits/s
    Torrenting over OpenVPN: average speed 9 MB/s for my connection but may be slower on busy time (evening)

You don't seem to know what you, yourself, measured.

• VayVayKaVayVayKa Member
    edited September 2020

@ofit said: My Small VPS after convert to KVM was really awfull at first day. Today look much better but anyway still have problems.

Thanks for the report, man.

I have the same VPS. The current quality of work on OpenVZ is more than satisfying. I will wait a couple of months with the migration.

p.s.

If I were @cociu, I would generally refuse to migrate these clients:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157390/your-vps-located-in-romania-for-less-than-0-50-eur-mo-1gbps-port-speed-ipv4-dedicated/p1
    We knew what we were buying when we were buying. So we have accepted the rules of the game.

But @cociu, of course, knows better;)

• cociucociu Member
    edited September 2020

@VayVayKa said: VayVayKa

i do not obligate nobody to migrate , we had many problems with the ovz in the past and was a decision to offer this migration for free at no aditional cost . Now about quality i can assure and reasurre kvm is 10x better (we have test durring 1 year this solution withowt any problem) , now like always when we create huge quantity of new services in new nodes all people is copy in the same time so the IO and network speed is go drastically the first 2 weeks , at this sum 2 nodes (38 users affected) what was get bad io after the first user created so we suspect some raid problem but this servers was relaced and now we migrate this customers to be all ok. My personal opinion is change if you can now , maybe in the future i will not let the customers to renew such service and if yo benefit some offers (crazy ones) like i have made some years ago is a good step to change in kvm and benefit same speck for same money. In case we will decide to close this products you will lost the offer and you will lost the service after due date. NOTHING programated but is a possibility;

more , using old templates is totally unsecured.

• @VayVayKa said:

@ofit said: My Small VPS after convert to KVM was really awfull at first day. Today look much better but anyway still have problems.

Thanks for the report, man.

I have the same VPS. The current quality of work on OpenVZ is more than satisfying. I will wait a couple of months with the migration.

p.s.

If I were @cociu, I would generally refuse to migrate these clients:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157390/your-vps-located-in-romania-for-less-than-0-50-eur-mo-1gbps-port-speed-ipv4-dedicated/p1
    We knew what we were buying when we were buying. So we have accepted the rules of the game.

But @cociu, of course, knows better;)

Did you mean to link that post? Because there's absolutely nothing there whatsoever mentioning downtime, poor network connectivity and data loss. The openvz has been a dumpster fire and I'm sure cociu lost money with all the support required to fix unexpected issues.

When people come telling people with problems that they are satisfied so it's the user's fault/problem, they can generally go fuck themselves, they're not helpful.

• @TimboJones said: Did you mean to link that post? Because there's absolutely nothing there whatsoever mentioning downtime, poor network connectivity and data loss.

I just wanted to say, that I knew what, for how much, for what purposes and from whom I bought.
    I paid for the order and calmly waited a week until the VPS was delivered, without creating a bunch of support requests "when ...?", "When finally ... ???"
    Then I chose an image from the ones offered, made the initial OS setup and forgot about VPS for a month (yes, I can afford it).
    A month later, I returned and calmly started using VPS, which later pleasantly surprised me with an uptime of 180+ days.

• @VayVayKa said:

@TimboJones said: Did you mean to link that post? Because there's absolutely nothing there whatsoever mentioning downtime, poor network connectivity and data loss.

I just wanted to say, that I knew what, for how much, for what purposes and from whom I bought.
    I paid for the order and calmly waited a week until the VPS was delivered, without creating a bunch of support requests "when ...?", "When finally ... ???"
    Then I chose an image from the ones offered, made the initial OS setup and forgot about VPS for a month (yes, I can afford it).
    A month later, I returned and calmly started using VPS, which later pleasantly surprised me with an uptime of 180+ days.

Good for you? But at what point did you feel necessary that other users with a much worse experience should be fucked over?

• Be happy to upgrade Openvz to KVM. VM is much better performing than before. Thanks a lot for your service. Have a nice day。

• @terese said: Be happy to upgrade Openvz to KVM. VM is much better performing than before. Thanks a lot for your service. Have a nice day。

enjoy your service , this we what want to see. People happy.

Thanked by 2m4nu Frameworks
  • iPwnJ00iPwnJ00 Member
    edited September 2020

Is anyone's new KVM getting the original 1Gbit that was available on VZ?

Mine's only achieving 150Mbit max... Waiting for reply from @cociu

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Parfumuri Femei.com SRL (x.x.x.x)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Nu-Ip.Ro (Ramnicu Valcea) [110.77 km]: 32.533 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 141.16 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 128.08 Mbit/s

• @cociu said:

@terese said: Be happy to upgrade Openvz to KVM. VM is much better performing than before. Thanks a lot for your service. Have a nice day。

enjoy your service , this we what want to see. People happy.

unzips