Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Hostsolutions.ro - Bye OpenVZ! And hello KVM!
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Hostsolutions.ro - Bye OpenVZ! And hello KVM!

FrameworksFrameworks Member
edited August 31 in Providers

Please read this email in full

Dear clients,

We're currently deprecating the support for OpenVZ in favor of KVM. This will be a free upgrade to a KVM plan with exactly the same specifications and price. However, it does require us to recreate your VPS, so you'll need to backup your data first, then open a ticket with us once we can recreate it.
Instructions:
1 - Backup your VPS
2 - Open a ticket with the VPS IP and confirm that you're ok with losing the data hosted on it;
3 - We'll then recreate your VPS as a KVM.
4 -once you are using kvm you will have new templates and the console via client area will be fully functionnaly.

Thanks for been part of this company .
Hostsolutions.ro Team

Thanked by 2imok tronyx

It's LET, we can and will turn everything into a controversy. If we fail to turn a subject into a controversy, then that failure will cause controversy. -@Lee

«13

Comments

  • dustincdustinc Member, Provider

    Great move! KVM is by far the popular choice today :)

    Thanked by 1netomx

    RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

  • vbloodsvbloods Member
    edited August 31

    it won't change the downtime .

    Thanked by 2donko WSWD
  • edited August 31

    @vbloods said:
    it won't change the downtime .

    For that price point, 99% uptime already pretty good, take it or leave it, boy..

    A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.baubus.uk
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, HostHatch, HostSailor, HostSolutions, LiteServer, MaxKVM, MrVM, ServaRICA, VirMach.

  • Andy10tbitAndy10tbit Member
    edited August 31

    99% ?
    more like 50/50 .

  • edited August 31

    @Andy10tbit said:
    99% ?
    more like 50/50 .

    It would be fair if you share some proof, too..

    A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.baubus.uk
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, HostHatch, HostSailor, HostSolutions, LiteServer, MaxKVM, MrVM, ServaRICA, VirMach.

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @Frameworks said: Please read this email in full

    Dear clients,

    We're currently deprecating the support for OpenVZ in favor of KVM. This will be a free upgrade to a KVM plan with exactly the same specifications and price. However, it does require us to recreate your VPS, so you'll need to backup your data first, then open a ticket with us once we can recreate it.

    Instructions:
    1 - Backup your VPS
    2 - Open a ticket with the VPS IP and confirm that you're ok with losing the data hosted on it;
    3 - We'll then recreate your VPS as a KVM.
    4 -once you are using kvm you will have new templates and the console via client area will be fully functionnaly.

    Thanks for been part of this company .

    Hostsolutions.ro Team

    yes this is true , we decided to make this move.

  • D3n3yD3n3y Member

    Will renewal fees change ?

  • cociucociu Member, Provider
    edited August 31

    @Frameworks said: This will be a free upgrade to a KVM plan with exactly the same specifications and price.

    @D3n3y said: D3n3y

    so no .... will not be changed you will pay the same for better config , at least new template , is kvm and is fully functonally including the console.

  • l2o88jl2o88j Member

    @chocolateshirt said:

    @Andy10tbit said:
    99% ?
    more like 50/50 .

    It would be fair if you share some proof, too..

    Wait for a week after an offer is announced :p

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @l2o88j said: Wait for a week after an offer is announced

    be sure of this , never faill.

  • l2o88jl2o88j Member

    @cociu said:

    @l2o88j said: Wait for a week after an offer is announced

    be sure of this , never faill.

    Wishing you a good sale.

  • PHDanPHDan Member

    @cociu said: a child...

    Wait until your network doesn't regularly shit itself before you start the name calling.

    Thanked by 2HyperK9 boernd
  • My billing has been changed
    from
    1 core -512 mb ram-10gb hdd -7$/yeaR €12.00EUR Biaual
    to
    1core-512mb ram -25gb sata -5tb traffic/mo --12 eur/year €12.00EUR Anual

    It's a mistake or on purpose?

    Anyway, Hostsolutions.ro is pretty good, considering it's competitive price.

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @Danielee said: My billing has been changed

    from
    1 core -512 mb ram-10gb hdd -7$/yeaR €12.00EUR Biaual
    to
    1core-512mb ram -25gb sata -5tb traffic/mo --12 eur/year €12.00EUR Anual

    It's a mistake or on purpose?

    Anyway, Hostsolutions.ro is pretty good, considering it's competitive price.

    definetly is a mistake , please open a tiket abut this.

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    @cociu said:

    more like 50/50 .

    a child...

    Would you stop trying to insult your own Customers ?

    Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £39/m - Our Latest LET Offer

    Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @Clouvider said: Would you stop trying to insult your own Customers ?

    are you sure is my customer ? my customer`s is not give this numbers for sure .

    Thanked by 2poisson darkimmortal
  • @cociu said:

    @Danielee said: My billing has been changed

    from
    1 core -512 mb ram-10gb hdd -7$/yeaR €12.00EUR Biaual
    to
    1core-512mb ram -25gb sata -5tb traffic/mo --12 eur/year €12.00EUR Anual

    It's a mistake or on purpose?

    Anyway, Hostsolutions.ro is pretty good, considering it's competitive price.

    definetly is a mistake , please open a tiket abut this.

    awsome!

    ticket #627956

    Thanks buddy!

  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider

    @Clouvider said:

    @cociu said:

    more like 50/50 .

    a child...

    Would you stop trying to insult your own Customers ?

    Ya they should accept and use this criticism to improve their services.

    @cociu said:

    @Clouvider said: Would you stop trying to insult your own Customers ?

    are you sure is my customer ? my customer`s is not give this numbers for sure .

    Over confidence is not a good thing.

    I'm sure majority of your clients are satisfied with your service as I can see comments here.

    But if few percent facing some issue then you must help them to fix without counter attacking them.

    It will definitely help you to improve more trust between you and your clients

    Thanked by 1Devil

    ViridWeb.com - cPanel Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Backups + Free Transfers.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @ViridWeb said: But if few percent facing some issue then you must help them to fix without counter attacking them.

    It will definitely help you to improve more trust between you and your clients

    100% agree , except :smile:

    1) my clients is know about my respect to them even is a client for 0.01 cents
    2) i am not a kiss ass , i have my faults like everyone but definetly if the client have reason i will give it and ask apologise anythime
    3) the treads/comments what you see here in LET is most of them from people who in a procentaje of +90% not have active service with us so let me know how can acuse a uptime of 50% ?
    4) etc etc. i am not here to escuse me or give explication to all this haters.

    Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @ViridWeb said:
    But if few percent facing some issue then you must help them to fix without counter attacking them.

    It will definitely help you to improve more trust between you and your clients

    That's not how he works. He works based on take it or leave it policy. You don't like the way I works? here is your money, go find someone else. Probably you can't.

  • i have a couple of questions for @cociu :

    do we have to switch to kvm or can we just stay on openvz?

    is there a time limit after which the vps will be forced converted to kvm?

    thank you

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @sjkme said: do we have to switch to kvm or can we just stay on openvz?

    is there a time limit after which the vps will be forced converted to kvm?

    Hello, and thanks for constructive questions :

    1) i strong sugest to swich because all the mess and problems what we had last year was due of a shit module what we use it , so to avoid this and avoid future problems/tikets/downtime etc i strong sugest to move a kvm. For exemple in ovz right now the console is not working compared with kvm , old kernels so a security risk , etc etc.

    2) for the moment nobody is obligated to change but definetly will came the day when we will not let the customer to recurring this kind of service because i dont see any plus to keep it (from bout part , for the customer have so old solutions, for us to have problems and bad reviews about this). Not fixed a date but for sure in maximum 1 year we will block all recurrings payment for such config.

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @yokowasis said: That's not how he works. He works based on take it or leave it policy. You don't like the way I works? here is your money, go find someone else. Probably you can't.

    i think this is the most correct way no ? to give the client money back , not get him in contracts and sucks. Nobody is obligated to accept/buy something what hi dont like.

  • Most of the providers who judge here won't understand what being a businessman means around here. :)

    Thanked by 1poisson
  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Most of the providers who judge here won't understand what being a businessman means around here.

    Nope , most of them is based to a DC what is not own and is only rent space witch for me can do anyone , but construct a dc from zero yes you have many challenges witch is my case.

  • @Danielee said:

    @cociu said:

    @Danielee said: My billing has been changed

    from
    1 core -512 mb ram-10gb hdd -7$/yeaR €12.00EUR Biaual
    to
    1core-512mb ram -25gb sata -5tb traffic/mo --12 eur/year €12.00EUR Anual

    It's a mistake or on purpose?

    Anyway, Hostsolutions.ro is pretty good, considering it's competitive price.

    definetly is a mistake , please open a tiket abut this.

    awsome!

    ticket #627956

    Thanks buddy!

    Corrected, thank you! @cociu

    hostsolutions.ro is one of a few vps that I have used for no less than 3yrs.
    nice bargin, great service.

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @Danielee said: hostsolutions.ro is one of a few vps that I have used for no less than 3yrs.

    nice bargin, great service.

    hahah , thanks man , really thanks , we value our old customers , due of you and many others we can continue our project and i promise will came very soon some new locations (working in this in the last month`s and i am in a deep negociation)

  • @cociu said:

    @Danielee said: hostsolutions.ro is one of a few vps that I have used for no less than 3yrs.

    nice bargin, great service.

    hahah , thanks man , really thanks , we value our old customers , due of you and many others we can continue our project and i promise will came very soon some new locations (working in this in the last month`s and i am in a deep negociation)

    Any hints about the new location. Also we are really missing those special hdd storage offers

  • cociucociu Member, Provider
    edited September 1

    @codelock said: Any hints about the new location. Also we are really missing those special hdd storage offers

    For the moment i am negociate bucharest/Amsterdam (in neutrals DC to have posibility to buy traffic from big players) but will be more i hope. I am focused to get good prices for colo because i plan to keep the same prices compared with our own DC.

    About storage plans we just finish a promo of 50% off .... will came more in the next month but for the moment this is not priority to sell more . Our priority is improove as much we can in the next month until we will focus to open the second location.

  • How am I supposed to backup 800gb of data with my shit network? Have you considered that this is just not possible for some of your costumers @cociu ?

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @DarioX said: How am I supposed to backup 800gb of data with my shit network? Have you considered that this is just not possible for some of your costumers @cociu ?

    if you have problem with the network just open a tiket , something is wrong there.

  • @cociu said:

    @DarioX said: How am I supposed to backup 800gb of data with my shit network? Have you considered that this is just not possible for some of your costumers @cociu ?

    if you have problem with the network just open a tiket , something is wrong there.

    I mean my local ISP is very bad. Hostsolutions network is fine. Taking a 800gb backup and restoring it would take me weeks. Please consider offering a paid service to make the transfer happen by one of your sysadmins.

  • cociucociu Member, Provider
    edited September 1

    @DarioX said: I mean my local ISP is very bad. Hostsolutions network is fine. Taking a 800gb backup and restoring it would take me weeks. Please consider offering a paid service to make the transfer happen by one of your sysadmins.

    i will send you a pm. no need to pay extra.

  • @cociu said:

    @codelock said: Any hints about the new location. Also we are really missing those special hdd storage offers

    For the moment i am negociate bucharest/Amsterdam (in neutrals DC to have posibility to buy traffic from big players) but will be more i hope. I am focused to get good prices for colo because i plan to keep the same prices compared with our own DC.

    About storage plans we just finish a promo of 50% off .... will came more in the next month but for the moment this is not priority to sell more . Our priority is improove as much we can in the next month until we will focus to open the second location.

    Expanding and improving service is really nice good luck with your new location.

    I will tell you my story, I first found about let to find cheap vps to host my personal vpn because my isp was blocking a lot of websites and I thought if i buy a vps I might as well should be able to torrent on it? Then i searched and found only your offer with reasonable pricing and DMCA ignored stuff. But Unfortunately I was unable to link my card to paypal because bank blocked international transaction on it so i knew the card will probably not work on your website so I did not buy it then. Now after months of calling my bank finally unlocked international transactions.And thus I was asking.

    But, i will probably wait for black friday hostsolutions new location launch special......

    Also, while you are making upgrade any update on ipv6 in your DC?????
    I know many people me included are waiting for those ipv6 only storage servers......

    But anyways good luck with your business. I have read many threads on LET and let me tell you I have seen quite few honest business man like you..

    Thanked by 1pedagang
  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @codelock said: I know many people me included are waiting for those ipv6 only storage servers......

    we have test some month ago ipv6 and was succes , unfortunatly we had in the same time problem with our network uptime so all effort was change to stabilise the network. Now personally i can tell you for us this is not a priority right now so this will delay more. With the ipv6 is difficult the management so need to be tested durring some mont`s until this will be fully functionally.

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Well, it's pretty much imposible to open a ticket about this switch because the panel just loops to the user account when submitting a ticket.
    So yeah, kinda nice but...

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @kuzko_topia said: Well, it's pretty much imposible to open a ticket about this switch because the panel just loops to the user account when submitting a ticket.

    So yeah, kinda nice but...

    i dont know what is the problem there but what i know all day today all my guys was received hundreds of tikets with the migration , so maybe is your explorer so try to change it or something.

  • Don't know what some "customers" are complaining about honestly.

    I've had a pretty positive service with HostSolutions and now with the switch to KVM, definitely will be continuing for a much longer time.

    I wouldn't suggest running production-level servers, but with the specs and that price point, it's pretty obvious. The only real complaint I have is the timeliness in responding to tickets. I had a certain ticket in which I was unable to boot up my VPS due to a kernel issue (again pointing the pain of OVZ) and had no response for a couple of days, but I managed to solve it myself eventually. Again, non-production server, therefore was not a huge deal to me anyways.

    Looking forward to the move to KVM!

  • @cociu said:
    i dont know what is the problem there but what i know all day today all my guys was received hundreds of tikets with the migration , so maybe is your explorer so try to change it or something.

    Yeah, the panel is definetly not playing along with edge(ium) but after 3 loops, it allowed me to send the ticket, I'll try firefox next time.

  • Hey @cociu,
    Thanks for generous offer, I want to know whats is average time to response ticket for changing to kvm?

  • netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

    @PHDan said:

    @cociu said: a child...

    Wait until your network doesn't regularly shit itself before you start the name calling.

    Idk why I associate your name with an older guy named DrMike. Same format

  • @netomx said: Same format

    Nah, then it would have to be written as PhDan.

    Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

    @PHDan said:

    @netomx said: Same format

    Nah, then it would have to be written as PhDan.

    Good point

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @Bardulf said: Thanks for generous offer, I want to know whats is average time to response ticket for changing to kvm?

    today until this hour we have change hundred of vps and we are focused to do this asap , but we are limited people here. i asume should be done this by steps .. but right now the email was send to all our customers so we are focused to make it rappid.

  • @cociu said: today until this hour we have change hundred of vps and we are focused to do this asap , but we are limited people here. i asume should be done this by steps .. but right now the email was send to all our customers so we are focused to make it rappid.

    How do I find out if my VPS is OpenVZ or KVM? For my in details under OS it says "OS : local:vztmpl/ubuntu-16.04-x86_64.tar.gz"

    Also, is it possible I can to get more storage in VPS while provisioning lol. I can pay for the HDD or pay more every billing cycle, whatever you prefer. I have so many rare Linux ISOs that I want to archive so need more storage for it.

  • cociucociu Member, Provider

    @ps20090 said: How do I find out if my VPS is OpenVZ or KVM? For my in details under OS it says "OS : local:vztmpl/ubuntu-16.04-x86_64.tar.gz"

    Also, is it possible I can to get more storage in VPS while provisioning lol. I can pay for the HDD or pay more every billing cycle, whatever you prefer. I have so many rare Linux ISOs that I want to archive so need more storage for it.

    this is ovz so you can change. About more space open a tiket and we will see what we can.

    Thanked by 1ps20090
  • R.I.P OpenVZ ... we are miss you :neutral:

    Hello KVM <3

    i hate LXC :D ^^

    Thanked by 1cociu
  • PopePope Member

    Anyone else got an email from PayPal regarding HostSolutions cancelling automatic payments?

Sign In or Register to comment.