Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel + LiteSpeed (No suEXEC) How to solve the issues ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel + LiteSpeed (No suEXEC) How to solve the issues ?

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

One of my website was hosted in a cPanel Server alongside LiteSpeed & everything was so smooth. When the amount of visitor increased, I noticed that in LiteSpeed WebAdmin, they are being limited by External App (in this case php 7.4 with suEXEC). So, I maxed the connection from 20 to 2000. Now, everyone was getting response but the server load went high & MySQL wasn't responding.

After that, I found if I disable suEXEC, with the same amount of visitors, the server load remains stable. But, all the plugins & other core functions can't write to directory, make directory etc. At a whole, it can't create any file/directory in public_html area. I went through all the documentation provided by LiteSpeed about concurrent connection & suEXEC but no luck. suEXEC when enabled runs everything in user:user & when disabled runs everything as nobody:nobody. After disabling suEXEC, all the plugins require FTP Login to work & none of them create any directory/file. This is the issue. Anybody has any solution of this problem ??

Regards,
Nagib.

Comments

• It's expected. Try to change the permissions - Folder 755 and File 644

• LeviLevi Member

Suexec consume resources because more power need to check proper user and execute with that user. Either turn off it and receive security penalty or just increase server power.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@jetchirag said:
    It's expected. Try to change the permissions - Folder 755 and File 644

That doesn't work. When suexec is turned off, it runs the php as nobody:nobody (user:group) so it should be 775 for directories & 664 for files. This doesn't work either.

@LTniger said:
    Suexec consume resources because more power need to check proper user and execute with that user. Either turn off it and receive security penalty or just increase server power.

Lastly, I turned it off & turned the php process to run as that specific username:username (user:group) & now it's solved. But, this is just a temporary solution. I'm still trying to find out how to run php in a form so that it can access all the files & directories.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Have you tried chmodding all required directories to run as the respective users? For example if your wordpress is running as user/group mahfuz:mahfuz and needs to write to /var/tmp/wordpress, chown wordpress to mahfuz:mahfuz.

@Radi said:
    Have you tried chmodding all required directories to run as the respective users? For example if your wordpress is running as user/group mahfuz:mahfuz and needs to write to /var/tmp/wordpress, chown wordpress to mahfuz:mahfuz.

Yes, tried that. That makes a 403 Forbidden error.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

In webadmin, somewhere below on general settings, you need to set vhost to run as mahfuz user and group too.