Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade from essential to comfort (ovh vps)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Upgrade from essential to comfort (ovh vps)

l2o88jl2o88j Member

I am using ovh essential plan and wanted to upgrade to comfort. But when i upgrade through their management panel, it asks for $4.5 for (4vcpu + 4gb + 80gb + 1Gbit).

But i wanted comfort plan (4vcpu + 8gb + 160gb + 1Gbit) = $23

If i upgrade through their management
(4vcpu + 4gb + 80gb + 1Gbit) for $4.5
upgrade 4gb to 8gb for $4.5
upgrade 80gb to 160gb for $7.5

So it comes around $16 (just for upgrade). But the comfort plan is only $11.5 higher than essential plan (my current one). So it doen't make sense to upgrade from their management panel and not sure how they are having this calcuation.

Any help here to upgrade to next plan would be great.

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Hello,

This is OVH support. We will handle your request with highest urgency. Please hold on.

Regards,
    Oles, OVH

• @LTniger said:
    Hello,

This is OVH support. We will handle your request with highest urgency. Please hold on.

Regards,
    Oles, OVH

Well, to be fair ovh support doesn't really much more helpful. The community is know about ovh more than ovh support.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

its pro-rated charge for the rest of the month
    23 (original price) / 31 = 0.75
    0.75 * 6 (the rest of current month days) = 4.5 (the price of upgrade for 6 days)

PS: pure speculation. I just did the formula and it gave correct numbers :D