Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plesk, How to partition drive correcty?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plesk, How to partition drive correcty?

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited August 2020 in Help

Using the plesk easy installer on my Hetzner server, My Storage is only 1TB instead of the Raid-0 setup of 5TB of usable storage.

How can I expand this? Seems there is some weird partitioning

Its been over 2 years since I setup plesk and it worked fine with my 2TB Raid-1 setup

Thanks

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs 7.7G 0 7.7G 0% /dev
tmpfs 7.8G 0 7.8G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 7.8G 616K 7.8G 1% /run
tmpfs 7.8G 0 7.8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/md2 1007G 1.5G 955G 1% /
/dev/md1 487M 183M 279M 40% /boot
/dev/md3 4.5T 89M 4.2T 1% /home
tmpfs 1.6G 0 1.6G 0% /run/user/0

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

There's 4.5Tb for /home and just under 1Tb for / = nearly 5.5Tb? If each Plesk account is under /home then you've got 4.5Tb to play with.

If you wanted more you'd need to move md3 into md2 and just mount it on /

I've not used Hetzners reinstalled installer but I presume if gives you the same text based editor as the normal installer, in which case adjust the partition sizes near the bottom of the file

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • Yep figured it out last night when I probably should had already been asleep.

Ended up swapping /home with / basically.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Mr_Tom said:
    There's 4.5Tb for /home and just under 1Tb for / = nearly 5.5Tb? If each Plesk account is under /home then you've got 4.5Tb to play with.

Very easy to setup (google for answer) the account to /home instead of using default location.