Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FlowVPS Message- Data array corruption message
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FlowVPS Message- Data array corruption message

Heads up: received this mail from FlowVPS.

Hello,

If you are receiving this email, VPS services you have with us located on NODE5 have had their data unrecoverably lost. Recovery attempts have been made however the data array has become unrecoverably corrupt.

It is unfortunate this email needs to be sent however it is necessary you know as soon as possible to implement your disaster recovery plan.

Further updates will be provided about redeployment of services and 3 months of service credits will be added to all accounts effected.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
Brendan

Comments

• Not ideal.

• Let me bet, haven't you made your backups?

• @TerensM said:
    Let me bet, haven't you made your backups?

:-)

Only made backup and backup of backup
    Now did I make backup of backup of backup?
    No

Thanked by 1bdl
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Even RAID10 does not protect fully from Data-loss. No.

• A special shoutout to @QuantumCore for being there when needed the most - previous time being HostDoc demise. I'm sure the same won't happen here! ;)

Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited August 2020

..and Brendan has been busy (a late night?)

All VPS services are now ready to be reprovisioned.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited August 2020

Top tip y'all - if you got the BF 2019 Special, only the NVMe was borked, the block storage is still intact :smiley:

• Got the same email — restoring backups now. :(

• Hardware do fail anytime. There is no bullet-proof from it. Which is why, getting your own remote backup is essential.

• Pulled me away from my 3D printer to restore some backups, everything is back to normal. Backups are life. Now, back to my 3D printer.

Thanked by 1Ympker