Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your thoughts about LET/LEB and future improvements? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are your thoughts about LET/LEB and future improvements?

Comments

• Need more offer threads from larger providers

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@ManofServer said:
    Need more offer threads from larger providers

Give us a list of who you are thinking and we will nudge them.

• @jbiloh said: Give us a list of who you are thinking and we will nudge them.

RackNerd

@iwillbeback said:

@jbiloh said: Give us a list of who you are thinking and we will nudge them.

RackNerd

Lots of that here already.

• caracalcaracal Member

Fran :P

• pierrepierre Member

@caracal said:

It's been a hot minute since I've seen Fran put up an offer/discount.

• pierrepierre Member

Make this all aligned. It pisses me off sending a PM and looking at it like this.

Thanked by 1o_be_one

@pierre said:

Make this all aligned. It pisses me off sending a PM and looking at it like this.

@fat32 what do you think? Fixable?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@pierre said:

@caracal said:

Only offer that might come up is for Miami, and it'll just be an announcement, no special pricing, discounts, etc.

The only discounts we've ever given at this point are all the Anynode users getting basically 80%+ discounts on service :P

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@iwillbeback said:
    More RackNerd ad would fit well.

Jesus christ the sites gonna look like gamespot in a minute.

Francisco

Can we short?

• @pierre said:
    I'm always curious why users get banned. Maybe add a ban reason on their profile when visited.

Won't happen, it shows when mods lose their shit and then have to defend their inconsistency.

• @Francisco said:

@pierre said:

@caracal said:

Only offer that might come up is for Miami, and it'll just be an announcement, no special pricing, discounts, etc.

The only discounts we've ever given at this point are all the Anynode users getting basically 80%+ discounts on service :P

Francisco

Dude, just bump the price by 25% and then discount it 25% the following week. Everyone's happy.

Or double the price and offer BOGO free.

Appease the masses!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

@iwillbeback said:

Francisco

Can we short?

Spot is a review site, stop is the stonk company.

Francisco

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • It would help if you offer weekly advertising at the cost of 20 dollars thanks

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Sonwebhost said:
    It would help if you offer weekly advertising at the cost of 20 dollars thanks

If I'm understanding correctly, you'd like the ability to advertise every 7 days instead of every 10 days for $20 dollars? Or what exactly are you after?

By the way, considering you have a business you may want to look into obtaining a provider tag, totally worth it.

• I looked at advertising it says 75 dollar per month just was thinking weekly advertising would increase sales thanks

• @Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

@iwillbeback said:

Francisco

Can we short?

Spot is a review site, stop is the stonk company.

Francisco

Doh! Too late.

@Sonwebhost said:
    I looked at advertising it says 75 dollar per month just was thinking weekly advertising would increase sales thanks

Monthly commitments for the paid banner advertising is the shortest period available. It really is a very good deal.

edited June 2021

By the way, thanks to @vovler we now have a burger icon on the mobile version of LowEndBox (instead of the previous huge segment of rows for the nav header links) along with a fixed template that no longer scrolls 780 px in width due to the footer banner.

Big thanks to @vovler for the help! :)

Thanked by 1lanefu
  • There should be some common memes that can be picked from the writing menu. That laughing guy, for one. Ain't nobody got time for that, etc.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Make it so providers cant put in SSD/NVMe in their shared hosting offers if the IO limit is below 100 MB/s

Thanks for the suggestions. We will take them under consideration.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@skorupion said:
    Make it so providers cant put in SSD/NVMe in their shared hosting offers if the IO limit is below 100 MB/s

Well meant I guess but nonsensical because (a) every SSD does 100 MB/s, and (b) how to measure that (and who)?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@jsg said:

@skorupion said:

Well meant I guess but nonsensical because (a) every SSD does 100 MB/s, and (b) how to measure that (and who)?

its cloudlinux limits. I recently saw a host on there which was advertising NVMe but had IO capped at 1 MB/s i laughed

• edited June 2021

Please replace the search box addon on LET with one that works. Over 20 times I've searched for exact phrases that exist in threads and this weak search plugin always returns:
    "Nothing Found"

Today I'm searching for the thread on LET that talks about the interview with the Direct Admin owner and no search term finds it.

I'm certain I wrote a suggestion:
    "Interview DA_Mark" but even that returns no results.

The current Search box plugin is 60% useless

@Offshore_Solutions said:
    Please replace the search box addon on LET with one that works. Over 20 times I've searched for exact phrases that exist in threads and this stupid search plugin always returns:
    "Nothing Found"

It would be better to have no search box than one that is so incompetent that it boils your blood.

Today I'm searching for the thread on LET that talks about the interview with the Direct Admin owner and no search term finds it.

I'm certain I wrote a suggestion:
    "Interview DA_Mark" but even that returns no results.

LET's Search box is 100% useless

Here is what you are looking for: https://lowendbox.com/blog/a-group-of-friends-making-one-of-the-worlds-most-popular-panels-interview-with-directadmins-co-owner-martynas-bendorius/

Searching for it on LowEndBox using the search box worked well.

Yes I agree that Vanilla's search plugin is very weak.

• edited June 2021

@jbiloh said:

Thank you @jbiloh, that's what i was looking for.

@FAT32 @ramesh_vish or anyone, if @jbiloh approves,
    I'd be willing to split the bill with Jon if you could code a better Vanilla Search Box Addon & a new version of Vanilla SEO addon/Plugin.

The outdated Vanilla SEO 0.2.1 can be found here & it would be great if it could be updated to work with Vanilla 3 & 4:
    https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/vanillaSEO-plugin

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@jbiloh said:

Thank you @jbiloh, that's what i was looking for.

@FAT32 or anyone, if @jbiloh approves,
    I'd be willing to split the bill with Jon if you could code a better Vanilla Search Box Addon & a new version of Vanilla SEO addon/Plugin.

If someone is willing to help with this I am happy to pay for it entirely. Just a matter of finding someone with the time. I know @FAT32 is very busy at the moment.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @jbiloh create a new category SandBox.

Basically, every new provider that would like to get a provider tag should post an introduction thread where they'll introduce their business to LET users, some interesting information, and answer user questions that might arise. After a month, they should be given a provider tag and everyone would be happy.

Otherwise, some doggy and questionable users are getting provider tags without proper background checks while being utter trash that you can't compare to other providers here.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

I am more of a cat person so I agree not to give them provider tags.
    You would still not be able to compare but I agree it is slightly better than current situation.

Thanked by 2alexvolk TimboJones