Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your thoughts about LET/LEB and future improvements? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are your thoughts about LET/LEB and future improvements?

Comments

• msattmsatt Member

Communities should be 'friendly' and help each other.

This site has some very dominant characters who are rude and have an attitude of 'fuck you' I can shout louder and then they go off on rants.

Within reason these rants can prove entertaining and occasionally have some real gems. But filtering through the vicious / childish language means that some just move on to 'other green forums'. If that is what LET wants to promote, it will continue to attract drama and continuous stupid memes's of popcorn.

Let us have a factual (as best we can) site, with deals from RELIABLE & TRUSTWORTHY providers.

LET should take responsibility for hosting providers and saying that purchasers should do 'due diligance / research' should really be what this site is all about.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@msatt said:
    Communities should be 'friendly' and help each other.

This site has some very dominant characters who are rude and have an attitude of 'fuck you' I can shout louder and then they go off on rants.

Within reason these rants can prove entertaining and occasionally have some real gems. But filtering through the vicious / childish language means that some just move on to 'other green forums'. If that is what LET wants to promote, it will continue to attract drama and continuous stupid memes's of popcorn.

Let us have a factual (as best we can) site, with deals from RELIABLE & TRUSTWORTHY providers.

LET should take responsibility for hosting providers and saying that purchasers should do 'due diligance / research' should really be what this site is all about.

What you are talking about is a fuckin' boring-ass forum.
    We still are a community, but without all the dramas this forum would be half-dead.
    Oh and by the way you are not tied to LET, no one is stopping you from creating a thread:
    "Please delete my account, I think LET is stupid"
    And then just move on to another green forum.
    You will get bored pretty quickly, at least I did when I got banned.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • thanks for unbanned

• msattmsatt Member

This is a community and should reflect what the owners want and what the community (as a whole) want.
    It is up to the owners to decide if they want

'fuck you' I can shout louder and then they go off on rants

It is NOT up to an individual to say what is or is not the way to go, so I am happy to give my views and can respect other views.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@rcy026 this is probably something @FAT32 can help with because he has mad coding skills :)

@msatt we have been working the past couple months to cool the temperature a little bit with personal attacks but also make sure this is a thriving and exciting place to spend time. We haven't gotten it perfect yet but the work continues

@skorupion said: What you are talking about is a fuckin' boring-ass forum.
    We still are a community, but without all the dramas this forum would be half-dead.
    Oh and by the way you are not tied to LET, no one is stopping you from creating a thread:
    "Please delete my account, I think LET is stupid"
    And then just move on to another green forum.
    You will get bored pretty quickly, at least I did when I got banned.

We definitely don't want the forum to be boring!

@pedagang said: thanks for unbanned

Welcome back and follow the rules!

@PandoGulf said: @jbiloh Thanks for your continues effort to improve LET.

I have a coupe of thoughts here for you:

1- Now in regard to the number of posted toturial in the community, they're quite low compared to the number of offers and drama thread about providers.

I believe there is a significant room for improvements can be done to encourage community members input in toturials and howtos. Actually these are what improves LET contents.

An immediate action would be to recognize the contributers by at least changing their titles from member to something else like Mentor /Sr. Member/ Developer / VIP whatever set them apart from those who don't contribute in toturials.

Great suggestions -- I really like the idea about the tags to recognize community contributions. Will work on this.

Thanked by 1skorupion

@jbiloh can you add a switch in the setting that changes the way that links open.
    I always open posts in a new window, oh and btw add a link at the bottom of the page to lowendtalk, it's annoying to scroll back up.

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@PandoGulf said:
    An immediate action would be to recognize the contributers by at least changing their titles from member to something else like Mentor /Sr. Member/ Developer / VIP whatever set them apart from those who don't contribute in toturials.

Why not simply the title Contributor? It could be used for anyone that contributes in any way, be it tutorials, interviews, donations or whatever.
    I think it's a really good idea.

edited May 2021

@rcy026 said: Why not simply the title Contributor? It could be used for anyone that contributes in any way, be it tutorials, interviews, donations or whatever. I think it's a really good idea.

Yep that works. In the past we've had a hard time attracting folks to contribute content. How would you envision it working?

@skorupion said: @jbiloh can you add a switch in the setting that changes the way that links open.

I always open posts in a new window, oh and btw add a link at the bottom of the page to lowendtalk, it's annoying to scroll back up.

I am a little unclear on your request about a link at the bottom of the page.

@jbiloh said: I am a little unclear on your request about a link at the bottom of the page.

You have the LET logo on top of the page, and if you click it, it redirects you to lowendtalk.com make something like that on the bottom of the page. It's kinda annoying scrolling back up just to get back to lowendtalk.com

@skorupion said: You have the LET logo on top of the page, and if you click it, it redirects you to lowendtalk.com make something like that on the bottom of the page. It's kinda annoying scrolling back up just to get back to lowendtalk.com

Ok makes perfect sense.

Thanked by 1skorupion

"Back to top of page" has been added to both the desktop and mobile version of the site.

Thanked by 1seriesn
    edited May 2021

@jbiloh said:
    "Back to top of page" has been added to both the desktop and mobile version of the site.

Could you actually make it Back to top of page | Lowendtalk

• Our LET accounts should be bundled with a free vps, money back guarantee.

• @duckeeyuck said: Our LET accounts should be bundled with a free vps, money back guarantee.

It's called NanoKVM :)

Thanked by 1raindog308

@skorupion said: Could you actually make it Back to top of page | Lowendtalk

All set

Any other suggestions or requests?

• pierrepierre Member
    edited May 2021

A button that can automatically set your theme to Dark Mode, instead of the stupid Hex Code option.

I like the Hex Code, but I am too lazy to change it.

@pierre said:
    A button that can automatically set your theme to Dark Mode, instead of the stupid Hex Code option.

I like the Hex Code, but I am too lazy to change it.

It already exists.

@pierre your remarks made me think that I needed to update the page for Dark Theme configuration with some directions. See now: https://www.lowendtalk.com/page/dark-theme-config

• pierrepierre Member

@jbiloh said:

It already exists.

Whoops! Yeah, I didn’t notice it, thanks for adding the screenshot.

• Possible to make it available via Tapatalk?

• pierrepierre Member

@jbiloh said:

It already exists.

Something else is to use all the extra space on the sides. Maybe add a cool design or something else, huge waste of space.

@pierre said:

@jbiloh said:

It already exists.

Something else is to use all the extra space on the sides. Maybe add a cool design or something else, huge waste of space.

Which space are you talking about?

• seriesnseriesn Member

@jbiloh said:

@pierre said:

@jbiloh said:

It already exists.

The space my dude.

• pierrepierre Member

@jbiloh said:

@pierre said:

@jbiloh said:

It already exists.

@pierre said:

@jbiloh said:

@pierre said:

@jbiloh said:

It already exists.

Ah ok. I thought you meant the side bar but what you mean is the background outside the main area of the site. Ok, will consider it.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • More RackNerd ad would fit well.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@iwillbeback said:
    More RackNerd ad would fit well.

Jesus christ the sites gonna look like gamespot in a minute.

Francisco

Thanked by 2o_be_one TimboJones
  • pierrepierre Member

I'm always curious why users get banned. Maybe add a ban reason on their profile when visited.

@pierre said:
    I'm always curious why users get banned. Maybe add a ban reason on their profile when visited.

We make a best effort to do this but could probably do better.