Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your thoughts about LET/LEB and future improvements? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are your thoughts about LET/LEB and future improvements?

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@lowfan said:
    There are a lot of trolls here .

... says the guy who goes amok on a hate spree against China whenever anything related to China comes up....

Funny.

I've yet to see a constructive/non-trolling post from you.

• @lowfan said:

@Pwner said:

@lowfan said:

It’s the internet, you expected something different?

That does not happen in webhotingtalk. I think it needs some moderation. It is not just cheap products and services here :)

that's why the forum name lowendtlak for cheap Affordable web hosting services people talk in this forum.

• lowfanlowfan Member
    edited September 2020

@jsg said:

@lowfan said:

... says the guy who goes amok on a hate spree against China whenever anything related to China comes up....

Funny.

I've yet to see a constructive/non-trolling post from you.

I always try not to hate ordinary Chinese but I hate Chinese government and probably any body who is pro Chinese government. Are you one of them?

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @jsg said:
    @TimboJones

Where are the goods? Where is your benchmark program, where are your reviews?

Oh, I see, you are all talking and no walking ...

By that logic, should every one and their dog write their own benchmark?

In order to point out blatantly broken apps, one must write their own?

Me not having the time or energy to write my own benchmark or review VPS' DOES NOT MAGICALLY FIX YOUR APP. I'm not your scapegoat.

I've told you several times before, @poisson does a good job with reviews and if anyone were to become a review regular, it would be @poisson a million times before you. A billion times.

Short version:

@TimboJones said: (corrected by jsg)
    Me not having the time or energy know-how and capability to write my own benchmark ...

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2020

@jsg said:
    Short version:

@TimboJones said: (corrected by jsg)
    Me not having the time or energy know-how and capability to write my own benchmark or review VPS' DOES NOT MAGICALLY FIX YOUR APP. I'm not your scapegoat.

Fine, if that gets you to read the second part. You missed the point and doubled down. As always.

@TimboJones said:
    Fine, if that gets you to read the second part. You missed the point and doubled down. As always.

Uhm, actually @poisson liked my benchmark, even in v1, and said so publicly. But of course reading and knowing what one is talking about isn't exactly your strong side ...

Can you now kindly already stop sh_tting all over the place and kidnapping threads for your personal and moronic rage?.

• @jsg said:

@TimboJones said:

Uhm, actually @poisson liked my benchmark, even in v1, and said so publicly. But of course reading and knowing what one is talking about isn't exactly your strong side ...

>

So? You act like you made a point. Liking something is very different than using something. That's where reading comes in. Has he ever actually used it?

Can you now kindly already stop sh_tting all over the place and kidnapping threads for your personal and moronic rage?.

I quote replied to YOU on specific points. That's not kidnapping threads, you silly fuck.

edited September 2020

@TimboJones said:
    ... you silly fuck.

That alone says more about you than one cares to learn.

And yes, attacking me and expressing yourself in the most vulgar way no matter where, as soon as my benchmark comes up is kidnapping a thread and abusing a forum for your personal woke deficiency compensation.

You obviously despise me; that's OK, I don't care. What I do care about though is your total lack of manners, your vulgarity, your aggressiveness and most of all your consistent abuse of our community.

This threads topic is "What are your thoughts about LET/LEB and future improvements?" - and not "what and whom TimboJones likes or not".

I'll add one suggestion to the topic, @jbiloh: Let's get rid of aggressive, anti-social, vulgar, and destructive jerks like TimboJones (or risk loosing users who actually constructively contribute to our community).

• Hear hear! We need a more refined atmosphere to discuss banging people's sisters...

• Hello, I find it sometimes difficult checking the website of providers or member who gives offers cause some people or user just tag the person or provider and when I check or click that tag I am redirected to that provider/user profile and I cannot find his/her website.

Example:

If you click https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/seriesn most of us know is he a prem provider but I cannot find a quick link to his website or service in his profile.

Can you force the providers to add those links to their profile? So next time newbies can easily check their services if they view their profile.

Thanked by 2jsg rcy026
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jeorlie said:
    Hello, I find it sometimes difficult checking the website of providers or member who gives offers cause some people or user just tag the person or provider and when I check or click that tag I am redirected to that provider/user profile and I cannot find his/her website.

Example:

If you click https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/seriesn most of us know is he a prem provider but I cannot find a quick link to his website or service in his profile.

Can you force the providers to add those links to their profile? So next time newbies can easily check their services if they view their profile.

This is a good suggestion. Thank you.

@fat32 and @raindog308 what do you think?

@jeorlie said:
    Hello, I find it sometimes difficult checking the website of providers or member who gives offers cause some people or user just tag the person or provider and when I check or click that tag I am redirected to that provider/user profile and I cannot find his/her website.

Example:

I also support that suggestion.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • @ditlev said:
    If I was the owner of LET I'd try to think of the power of this community. Like, perhaps to build a service that would integrate with WHMCS/Hostbill/Blesta and record anonymised tokens for every person that chargebacks so anyone who has this app would be able to ban users that come with poor chargeback history? Something like fraudrecord, but powered by LET members...

That is what FraudRecord or FraudLabs Pro has been doing. LET communities actively contribute to the blacklist.

@mikec said:

@ditlev said:
    If I was the owner of LET I'd try to think of the power of this community. Like, perhaps to build a service that would integrate with WHMCS/Hostbill/Blesta and record anonymised tokens for every person that chargebacks so anyone who has this app would be able to ban users that come with poor chargeback history? Something like fraudrecord, but powered by LET members...

That is what FraudRecord or FraudLabs Pro has been doing. LET communities actively contribute to the blacklist.

I like the concept but the issue I have with this from a leb/let perspective is the potential privacy or liability associated with sharing that kind of information.

Definitely useful information though.

edited May 2021

Reviving this older thread to update everyone on our recent progress and new initiatives at LowEndBox:

1. We launched a Youtube channel which is awesome

2. We've conducted dozens of really worthwhile interviews

3. @raindog308 has come onboard in the capacity of chief editor at LowEndBox (he's also an administrator on LET) and is doing a fantastic job pumping out interesting content

4. We launched a LowEndLOL's series, which can be pretty funny.

5. Too many bug fixes and minor improvements to list (for both LET and LEB)

6. Over 100 new, quality, tutorials published in the past 15 months

7. We launched an FAQ for new users

8. LEB is now consistently active on both Facebook and Twitter

9. We've followed through by providing access to community providers to share their news and PR

10. We brought on some new advertisers recently (https://lowendbox.com/blog/leb-let-would-like-to-thank-you-and-our-advertisers/) that have helped support all of our improvements.

11. There's a lot more but you get the idea, things are really kicking butt around here.

None of this would be possible without our awesome community, great group of moderators (@hawc, @hzr, @JackH, @jcaleb, @Jord, @netomx, @Nick, @PieHasBeenEaten ) and administrators (@trewq, @FAT32, @raindog308.

Thanks to everyone for your help and support.

:)

• Necromancer! :o

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • caracalcaracal Member

Want more LowEndLOLs pls

• Deals and drama, baby. That's what LET is about :)

• edited May 2021

@jsg said:
    @jbiloh: Let's get rid of aggressive, anti-social, vulgar, and destructive jerks like TimboJones (or risk loosing users who actually constructively contribute to our community).

/\ This is the best advice in this whole thread. @jbiloh, in this case "Less is more" & this forum would be more professional & attract more new users without this joker TimboJones who just wants to use his 6 yr-old potty-mouth to Ad Hominem attack anyone without substance to his arguments.

The way this joker went after @raindog308 when Raindog was simply sharing his personal addiction troubles with Marijuana was without compassion or respect.

@jbiloh said:
    Reviving this older thread to update everyone on our recent progress and new initiatives at LowEndBox:
    1. We launched a Youtube channel which is awesome

The YouTube channel is brilliant and the amount of people who will find LET through YouTube will make this effort pay off in spades

@Offshore_Solutions said: The way this joker went after @raindog308 when Raindog was simply sharing his personal addiction troubles with Marijuana was without compassion or respect.

Send me a PM about this.

@Offshore_Solutions said: The YouTube channel is brilliant and the amount of people who will find LET through YouTube will make this effort pay off in spades

Thank you sir, big props to @raindog308 on that.

@caracal said: Want more LowEndLOLs pls

You and me both!

What does everyone think about removing the "Selling Rules" and "Community Rules" from the RIGHT side bar? They still appear as the stick announcement threads at the top PLUS on the header navigation under "Rules"

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said: The way this joker went after @raindog308 when Raindog was simply sharing his personal addiction troubles with Marijuana was without compassion or respect.

That's not entirely accurate. @William shared his brain chemistry troubles and was pretty open about using marijuana and other drugs and his views regarding the safety of such substances/activities. I expressed a completely opposite opinion, and @TimboJones disagreed with me. To say that I was "simply sharing" is not true - I was tangentially disagreeing with @William and @TimboJones disagreed with me.

He has a different perspective on drug legalization and recreational drug usage than I do. He expressed his opinion with verve, as did I. I wouldn't say he "went after me" or that I needed any "compassion" - we were just arguing (in the sense of debating) different sides of an issue. I really didn't find anything he said a personal attack or offensive...pretty mild compared to some online arguments. I still don't agree with him but that's arguing on the Internet for you. I actually had to go back and scan the discussion (in the cest pit) to see if there was some personal attack I missed.

Ironically, @TimboJones has been calling for more elevated discussion and getting rid of some of the sisters/PMS/etc. jokes.

Five years ago or so when @Nekki ruled the roost, "cunts" was probably the most common word on this forum, and then there was the WSS posting "dicks" in every thread like the the three-year-old that he was. We've mellowed a bit and while I don't agree that everyone making a joke about sisters is a knuckle-dragging sexist, maybe we should all have a conversation and get a pulse. I don't think we should be handing out warnings when people use potty words or anything like that, but we could have a community conversation about elevating standards. Note that I said "community conversation" - not something I think should be stamped down from above.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2021

^ There is an overall impression of pubescent ignorance, at times, which becomes tiresome. Your last para calls out two of the "worst offenders". I'm sure the forum can maintain a light-hearted air, without resorting to blatant vulgarity. Though sometimes (very) mildly amusing, there is a time & place for everything.
    Streams of memes (especially when quoted in responses) is a pain; there are some crackers though. :-D

• WilliamWilliam Member

@raindog308 said: I actually had to go back and scan the discussion (in the cest pit) to see if there was some personal attack I missed.

not just you 🤣

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

@jsg said:
    @jbiloh: Let's get rid of aggressive, anti-social, vulgar, and destructive jerks like TimboJones (or risk loosing users who actually constructively contribute to our community).

It's "losing" (see, I contribute constructively!). That's rich, considering you were plagiarizing content here weeks ago and talking about or running a competing forum.

/\ This is the best advice in this whole thread. @jbiloh, in this case "Less is more" & this forum would be more professional & attract more new users without this joker TimboJones who just wants to use his 6 yr-old potty-mouth to Ad Hominem attack anyone without substance to his arguments.

I thought I explained to you how you're the one doing ad hominems since I actually provide arguments and you don't. Don't try to rewrite history, the posts are all still there.

The way this joker went after @raindog308 when Raindog was simply sharing his personal addiction troubles with Marijuana was without compassion or respect.

What? I'm glad @raindog308 confirmed he didn't take any of the discussion as an attack as it clearly wasn't.

• ^ Thanked specifically for the 1st comment;

It's "losing".. ..plagiarising.. " etc.

• 4.0 vanilla looks cool, just use the green color?

CTRL + H
    find: rgb(3, 125, 188)
    replace: #60a96d

The problem is just DB, if the transfer will go smooth.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2021

@amadex1337 said: I am looking for a job as a Junior System Admin

I hope that you apply your skills in the right context; unlike replying to the wrong thread in a forum. :/
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3232271

• PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited May 2021

@jbiloh Thanks for your continues effort to improve LET.

I have a coupe of thoughts here for you:

1- Now in regard to the number of posted toturial in the community, they're quite low compared to the number of offers and drama thread about providers.

I believe there is a significant room for improvements can be done to encourage community members input in toturials and howtos. Actually these are what improves LET contents.
    An immediate action would be to recognize the contributers by at least changing their titles from member to something else like Mentor /Sr. Member/ Developer / VIP whatever set them apart from those who don't contribute in toturials.

Same goes for old members with high numbers of posts and/or thanks 👍

2- We appreciate the effort done by @FAT32 in organizing the sales events here in this community.

I've seen some controversies here going on in this community about what event should have a mega thread sales.

I think this should be put into vote by LET community and pre-set it yearly.. examples BF, CM, NY, Major holidays for community ethnic groups .. etc.

Mega sales thread should be distributed evenly throughout the year (one every quarter for example, combining several events).

Of course all providers can still promote offers for any occasion they want but for Mega thread sale I think they need to be predetermined and put to vote by LET community.

That's all what I have for now..

• rcy026rcy026 Member

Just a small thing, but would it be possible to move the "Flag" and "Thanks" to the bottom of posts?
    After reading a long post you have to scroll back up to hit "Thanks", that's counter-intuitive. It would feel more natural if it came after the post, maybe just next to the "Quote".