Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

todo tools, what do you use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

todo tools, what do you use?

adamus007padamus007p Member
edited August 2020 in General

Hi I am looking for a tool for todo.

I run different projects, some are software development, some bugs reports, some are marketing.
Till now I was using one note but at the moment there is too many tabs and positions.

I was looking for something flexible like onenote but also with tickets/ issues reporting, that I can open a ticket to remember that something need to be done.
It will be on a list and I can enter to see details, this is missing for me in onenote.
Sometimes when I will finish something I need to delete it or cross out, but when there is 90% or things cross out it is hard to read or find what is todo. There are some tools which can hide and show things which are done. Another thing is that i can add a screen is helpful. I am looking for something which would have things like I have mentioned above.

TODO List view, details view, I can add screenshots, comments, maybe like in the forum wiht new messages that I see the history.

What do you use, what is simple?

The best free, self hosted.

Thank you in advance for your ideas. :smile:

Comments

• tonytonytonytony Member
    edited August 2020

Trello works fine. For more I would consider BaseCamp... it is one tool to replace all, with flat rate and not per-user license. It can replace Jira, Slack etc and save you tons of money.

For self-hosted, maybe a "trello clone" would be ok, like Kanboard
    https://opensource.com/alternatives/trello
    or issue tracking software like osTicket (yes, it works fine as "todo" :smiley:)

• @adamus007p said:
    Hi I am looking for a tool for todo.

I run different projects, some are software development, some bugs reports, some are marketing.
    Till now I was using one note but at the moment there is too many tabs and positions.

I was looking for something flexible like onenote but also with tickets/ issues reporting, that I can open a ticket to remember that something need to be done.
    It will be on a list and I can enter to see details, this is missing for me in onenote.
    Sometimes when I will finish something I need to delete it or cross out, but when there is 90% or things cross out it is hard to read or find what is todo. There are some tools which can hide and show things which are done. Another thing is that i can add a screen is helpful. I am looking for something which would have things like I have mentioned above.

TODO List view, details view, I can add screenshots, comments, maybe like in the forum wiht new messages that I see the history.

What do you use, what is simple?

The best free, self hosted.

Thank you in advance for your ideas. :smile:

Free Jira software helps you track your project reports
    https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

• I have used leantime (https://leantime.io/) on a few bigger projects and I must say it really works.

• Wekan also works but for me the email notification seems problem.

• notion.so
    They have a free plan and you can also get the personal pro plan for free if you're a student, just signup using your edu email.