Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to sell PI IPv4 (Ripe)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to sell PI IPv4 (Ripe)?

I have a /21 from RIPE as PI (got them around 10 years ago), where this can be sold? And what is a realistic price?

I have a 5 digit ASN that I not longer need too, will this bring any?

Is there any that should I take care that in case the buyer use them for some bad stuff I don't got any troubles?

The IP's was never abused or such.

I have found some websites on Google that deal with IP's, but some use non existing fake companies or some UK Ltd's with no History.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • niconico Member

Thanks, does this site really works any experience with them?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@nico said:

Personally no - but I'm pretty sure a handful of people here could and would vouch for them.

• niconico Member

@thedp said:

@nico said:

Personally no - but I'm pretty sure a handful of people here could and would vouch for them.

Thanks will contact them and check what fee they take and what price they suggest.

• RIPE has a list of brokers which can be a good place to start: https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-transfers-and-mergers/brokers

If you feel uncomfortable with the broker, you can also always ask for payment to be via escrow.

On the off-chance you're willing to deaggregate your prefix, I am looking to purchase a /24. Feel free to PM me.

• niconico Member

@bluenotblack said:
    RIPE has a list of brokers which can be a good place to start: https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-transfers-and-mergers/brokers

If you feel uncomfortable with the broker, you can also always ask for payment to be via escrow.

On the off-chance you're willing to deaggregate your prefix, I am looking to purchase a /24. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks for the list, this helps.
    At the moment I hope to sell all together, if this change will contact you.

• RapidDediRapidDedi Member, Patron Provider

Let me know your BIN price, might be able to offer you a quick deal.

• AlaxonaAlaxona Member, LIR

@nico said: Is there any that should I take care that in case the buyer use them for some bad stuff I don't got any troubles?

No, you transfer them and that's all.

And yes, you can go auction them at mentioned broker's site. I know only them to sell AS (1-3k USD realistic price) and blocks. I have good experience with them but they pay only in USD.

• hohlhohl Member

IPv4.global does not sell PI blocks as far as I‘m aware of, but they too auction ASNs. But, for ASNs there seems to be much less demand. The PI should be worth at least 25$ per IP, given that PAs seem to be valued 21$-24$ per IP and PIs actually seem even rarer.

• niconico Member

@hohl said:
    IPv4.global does not sell PI blocks as far as I‘m aware of, but they too auction ASNs. But, for ASNs there seems to be much less demand. The PI should be worth at least 25$ per IP, given that PAs seem to be valued 21$-24$ per IP and PIs actually seem even rarer.

Thank your for the input, did not realized that they don't sell PI blocks.

Probably the perfect buyer would be someone who is a non-LIR and would take the ASN together with the /21, as he don't need to pay the yearly RIPE LIR Fee.

Now I only need to find this buyer for $25 :wink:

• hohlhohl Member

@nico said:

Maybe just leave them a mail. Their auctions are designed for PAs, but they are usually very helpful and friendly when you have questions - at least they were to me when I had a question about Inter-RIR transfers once. They may still be able to help you.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

We buy a lot of IPv4 in RIPE region. Send me an email on [email protected] with what price you're after.

Edit: grammar

• bluenotblackbluenotblack Member
    edited August 2020

@nico said:

@hohl said:

Probably the perfect buyer would be someone who is a non-LIR and would take the ASN together with the /21, as he don't need to pay the yearly RIPE LIR Fee.

Now I only need to find this buyer for $25 :wink:

To my knowledge IPv4.global does sell PI blocks on auctions, although for /21 blocks (compared to /24) the pricing is generally lower (although you do have PI blocks going for you) and of course you also need to account for their commission.

• I would be interest in taking a /24 of this. PM Me