Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accessing HP iLO behind a router using S-NAT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Accessing HP iLO behind a router using S-NAT

CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Provider

Hello,

I Anyone know if its possible to expose the iLO network via a firewall using S-NATting? the iLo is accessible via n internal network, but I want to allow access to the console without needing to be on the internal VPN network. Is this possible?

█ Cloudxtiny.co.uk - Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting
█ Dedicated Servers | UK,US,DE Datacentres | 24x7 Support | Follow: Twitter: @CloudxtinyInc

Comments

  • combahton_itcombahton_it Member, Provider
    edited August 2020

    You could just do a source based DNAT. We have implemented such a solution for our Dedicated Servers, which works as a API controllable gateway. The cool thing is, that you can even use a reverse proxy like nginx to handle http(s) while doing source based proxy_pass to the internally operated iLO, which avoids invalid ssl certificates and ugly ciphers.

    combahton GmbH trading as fastpipe.io - providing Cloud and Dedicated Servers in Frankfurt, Germany

  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Provider

    @combahton_it said:
    You could just do a source based DNAT. We have implemented such a solution for our Dedicated Servers, which works as a API controllable gateway. The cool thing is, that you can even use a reverse proxy like nginx to handle http(s) while doing source based proxy_pass to the internally operated iLO, which avoids invalid ssl certificates and ugly ciphers.

    I was under the impression that the console java / .NET app uses the iLO IP addresss so it will not work if I do that?

    █ Cloudxtiny.co.uk - Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting
    █ Dedicated Servers | UK,US,DE Datacentres | 24x7 Support | Follow: Twitter: @CloudxtinyInc
  • combahton_itcombahton_it Member, Provider

    @CloudxtnyHost said:
    I was under the impression that the console java / .NET app uses the iLO IP addresss so it will not work if I do that?

    Works great for iLO2, iLO3, iLO4 and iLO5 in our environment - easily avoids to setup vpn access for customers

    combahton GmbH trading as fastpipe.io - providing Cloud and Dedicated Servers in Frankfurt, Germany

  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Provider

    @combahton_it said:

    @CloudxtnyHost said:
    I was under the impression that the console java / .NET app uses the iLO IP addresss so it will not work if I do that?

    Works great for iLO2, iLO3, iLO4 and iLO5 in our environment - easily avoids to setup vpn access for customers

    great thanks.

    █ Cloudxtiny.co.uk - Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting
    █ Dedicated Servers | UK,US,DE Datacentres | 24x7 Support | Follow: Twitter: @CloudxtinyInc
Sign In or Register to comment.