Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CRISSIC / NodeServ ??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CRISSIC / NodeServ ??

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,
I need a VPS for store some files & using it for cPanel DNSOnly Server. Got to know these two:

http://lowendbox.com/blog/crissic-solutions-2gb-6month-1gb-3month-and-512mb-15year-in-jacksonville-florida/

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/15735/79-off-nodeserv-512mb-more-great-service-great-prices

Their DataCenter is Same, Hardware is also Same. Considering taking 512 MB Plan at USD $15/Month. But, which to take ??

Any Review ??

Thanks.

Comments

• Crissic gives you 3 cores as compared to nodeserv.

• Personally they are both good companies and the owners are stand up guys.

• both are tip top in my book, have multiple vps on both..

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Now, please help me selecting one. Which I/O & Network is better ?? @Ian_ & @iLLagHee

edited November 2013

Hey, Guys Lol What it shows:

http://whois.domaintools.com/nodeserv.com

Domain Name: NODESERV.COM
    Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
    Registrant Name: Jade G
    Registrant Organization: NodeServ
    Name Server: NS3.CRISSIC.NET
    Name Server: NS4.CRISSIC.NET

Server Status: ASN: AS62639 CRISSIC - Crissic Solutions, LLC (registered Jul 26, 2013)
    IP Location: - Missouri - Springfield - Crissic Solutions Llc

They are Same Companies ?? O.o

@Ian_ & @iLLagHee @Jack @ultimatehostings

@SkylarM

• @Jack said:
    Crissic has their own network as far as I know?

No, they just use ServerComplete's whitelabel network with a BGP session

• NodeServ colo with Crissic :-)

• KadarKadar Member
    edited November 2013

Skylar owns crissic and colocates jadeg's (nodeserv) servers. Both are top notch.

• Jade_GJade_G Member
    edited November 2013

Indeed, NodeServ colocates inside of Crissic's rack but that is the only connection between the two companies. We are two individual companies.

@Jack

Yes, however I thought we already discussed this :)

• Just because Jade worked for Jeffrey I don't see why it is relevant.

I use both Crissic and NodeServ and they both provide a great service.

Thanked by 1Jade_G
  • Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited November 2013

@Ian_ said:
    Personally they are both good companies and the owners are stand up guys.

Agreed :)

• @INIZ said:
    No, they just use ServerComplete's whitelabel network with a BGP session

Correct! We currently have an entire Cab with GoRack and utilize ServerComplete's network with our own BGP session and IP space -- our ads are fairly detailed as to the upstream providers but we do not maintain our own network.

NodeServ colocates with Crissic, as can anybody we just don't run a public advert on colocation space at the moment (we did briefly on VPSB, that is still active, just not pushed very hard).

• Node JAX9

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 24.0911 s, 44.6 MB/s

Node JAX10

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 16.421 s, 65.4 MB/s

Node JAX1

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 15.2055 s, 70.6 MB/s

Node JAX3

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 21.4642 s, 50.0 MB/s

• Is this the same @Jack that advertises on hack and warez forums?

• @Zen Didn't we all?

• Jade is a great guy and he has very high goals with Nodeserv.

Thinking to go with CRISSIC. Tomorrow, some experiments will go on. And then, if I'm success then VPS will be taken. The main purpose will be storing backup on that 50 GB Space. So, I needed better I/O. But, I/O is somewhat low. However, DNSOnly Server will be another Purpose of it. :)

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Jeffrey said:
    Jade is a great guy and he has very high goals with Nodeserv.

Jade is a guy?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@ehostlab said:
    The main purpose will be storing backup on that 50 GB Space. So, I needed better I/O.

Could you please explain how could you use 500 vs 50 MB/s for a backup/storage server? I am genuinely interested.

• @AlexanderM said:

Indeed I am.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Crissic has a better site. Don't know the difference other than that?

• Jack said: Crissic has their own network as far as I know?

They do not, their DCs announce their IPs for them -- pretty much the exact same thing as most rented setups.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Nyr said:
    Could you please explain how could you use 500 vs 50 MB/s for a backup/storage server? I am genuinely interested.

Me too, I am sick and tired of this neverending quest for bigger e-peen regarding the "dd test" which is not even relevant.
    While the race is fun and we did take part in it, it can make you lose sight of the forest due to those damn pesky trees.

• @Wintereise said:

Its not their own network, however Crissic owns their Switch, Servers and has their own IP allocations.

@Maounique said:
    Me too, I am sick and tired of this neverending quest for bigger e-peen regarding the "dd test" which is not even relevant.

Its all about the level of customer support. You can have the best servers but crap support and it wont mean anything. There is a fine line of balance that has to be realized in the low end market, the limits that can be put in place between quality of service, price and support levels. The lowendtriangle if you will.

@Nyr said:

I couldn't understand your Point. Can you please elaborate it ?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@ehostlab said:
    I couldn't understand your Point. Can you please elaborate it ?

Yeah. I simply don't understand why people wants dd tests of hundreds of megabytes per second. 90% of the people in the SSD market does not need SSD at all. And is not like you can intensively use disk IO on any shared environment anyway.

Many hosts are running this stupid race and you could even optimize for IO benchmarks vs security... looks like that's what the market wants at the moment and is sad.

Crissic is a nice provider with good services in a decent datacenter with a decent network. They care about their clients and have good support. If you care about dd "benchmarks", there are other providers for that.

• @Nyr said:
    Yeah. I simply don't understand why people wants dd tests of hundreds of megabytes per second.

Thanks to Serverbear.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • Thank you @serverbear.

• Speaking of which, anyone else notice that @serverbear seems to be missing in action lately?

• @Wintereise said:

Crissic entirely owns all current 7,168 IP's directly with ARIN (and will be applying for an additional /19 here shortly). Crissic owns EVERYTHING in the cabinet, from the Juniper EX3200 with a 10gbit uplink all the way down to the internal networking switch and every single server in the cab.

I'd like to respectfully disagree when you say that's "pretty much the same as rented setups". We're close to $20,000 in OWNED hardware in our cab, entirely owned by us. :)

Thanked by 1sleddog