Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clone a Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clone a Windows VPS

oberonoberon Member

Hi

I bought a rather expensive windows VPS (2cores, 4gb, 50gb ssd) for 3 months because it had some hard to configure trading software preinstalled. I would like to change to a new provider after 3 months. Do you know of a good possibility to clone/copy this windows based VPS to a more reasonable priced one?

I can find enough good providers here I am looking for the technical cloning solution.

Comments

• By any chance, does it include EA too?

• If you mean mt4 with ea then yes

• @oberon said:
    If you mean mt4 with ea then yes

If it was purchased aftermarket, you may or may not risk losing access to the software (EA). Just an fyi

• You could try it by keeping your current VPS running, make the clone, deploy on the new server while powering off your original VPS.

If it works, then you can end your subsciption to the old VPS.

I joined here to find out the same information.

• @NewToTheGame said:
    You could try it by keeping your current VPS running, make the clone, deploy on the new server while powering off your original VPS.

That's the idea but how do I clone my VPS?

• @oberon said:

@NewToTheGame said:
    You could try it by keeping your current VPS running, make the clone, deploy on the new server while powering off your original VPS.

That's the idea but how do I clone my VPS?

Well lets figure it out, I need to do the same right now, as my VPS is not reliable, and i need reliable.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@oberon said:
    Hi

I bought a rather expensive windows VPS (2cores, 4gb, 50gb ssd) for 3 months because it had some hard to configure trading software preinstalled. I would like to change to a new provider after 3 months. Do you know of a good possibility to clone/copy this windows based VPS to a more reasonable priced one?

I can find enough good providers here I am looking for the technical cloning solution.

If you can get it into rescue I can provide a VPS + help to migrate the entire thing.