Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how much times i can return dedicated server on hetzner (14 day period)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how much times i can return dedicated server on hetzner (14 day period)

donkodonko Member
edited August 2020 in Help

Hello :smile:

Just curious if anyone know how much times i can do this because i don't want have problems with my account.

I did this first time on month 05, tried a cheap i7 4770 but my current cloud server with epic processor 8 cores was performing better. So i cancelled.

Now i increased my resource usage and got 4 days ago a ryzen 1700x pro from server auction, but today (luckily) someone transferred me a AX server. i don't know if i cancel that 1700x, i can have problems, don't want get marked as abuser x_x

Comments

• 3 times maybe >:)

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited August 2020

I think you'll be okay cancelling that 1700x, the situation is more than understandable so can be explained if they ask. It's not like you're taking resources and running, you're still an active customer with that AX server after all. And its only your second cancellation, probably only from the third onwards that I'd be concerned they may do something.

Of course I'm not Hetzner so I cant say anything for sure, that's just what I think.

Thanked by 1donko
  • Maybe just tell the support what will you do and ask them if your case is okay. Don't forget to fill the notes when you cancel the server

Thanked by 2MikeA Erisa
  • DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited August 2020

In 2019 I ordered an AX-server. I had problems with some automation software and thought it was a problem with AMD. So I cancelled it and ordered the EX-line. I still had the same problem and cancelled it again. I ordered the PX-line. Still the same problem.

It turned out to be a bug in the software. I didn’t have this bug on my iMac, but it was something that only happens sometimes. It was not easy to reproduce the issue. I kept the PX-line until I went for colocation in a datacenter nearby in January. So I cancelled Hetzner again.

Now I have not enough resources to do CPU transcoding and also data traffic is quite limited at the datacenter. So I ordered a new AX-server from Hetzner again last week. It took 7 hours to deliver, but I had no issues with Hetzner. Although I was a bit scared I crossed the line with my cancellation behaviour.

This time my intention is to keep my server with Hetzner. It is perfect for what I am using it for. Probably they also didn’t have problems with me cancelling some servers in the past, as I also filled in a detailled cancellation reason. I even cancelled some Server Bidding servers before, because they had some hardware issues that couldn’t be identified.

So yes, you can cancel it sometimes. But I strongly recommend you to think before you cancel and order something new. They will be fed up with you someday. And do yourself a pleasure and give detailled feedback why you want to cancel. I have seen many people been kicked out lately, which is understandable at some point.

I see you had an AX transferred and therefore want to cancel the 1700x. Write that in the cancellation notes and it should not be a problem, I guess.

Thanked by 2donko xiaopigu
  • The 14 days (astronomical days, including weekends and holidays) testing period is a mandatory right to cancel period in the EU for products and services you could not test before buying them. See more at https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm Hosting services are not exceptions.
    Abuse is when you order the same thing over and over again and cancel on the 14th day as some people tried.
    From the 15th day, the contract cancellation terms apply.

• As many options they have for their servers, simply you can try them all